Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Umbrella Academy [Netflix] [**SPOILERS**]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

I'm on episode 6, it is brilliant....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Not really enjoying Vanyas storyline, but I suspect it may be some bias as I was never a fan of Ellen Page's acting method.

Everything else is just fantastic, though sometimes I feel like there's a good bit of filler.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭Lillyfae

It might be my favourite show of all time. It's like X-Men but with more humanity. Definitely would've liked to see a bit more of where it was going with RH. Aside from Vanya (most probably Ellen Page actually, I've never been able to stand her), there isn't a single character that I don't like. Their on screen chemistry is great too. I just wish there was way more, I watched the 1st season about 4 times and think I could do watch even more with this. I feel bereft that it's over :(

• Registered Users Posts: 33,305 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Finished it last night. Really enjoyed it. Everything came together really well.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

4: I wonder what that
    was he said in ancient greek to the father. Has the look of five wanting to work with him.

Story:
    yeah still seems to be them and the Time Bureau, now it's just getting them all together to the focal point

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,368 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The soundtrack again this season is awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

Planned to take my time with this but it was just too good and I ended up blowing through it , better than season 1 imo .

Soundtrack was top notch again , visually amazing , and even when quite dark its still at its base a fun show.

One complaint , more Klaus and five less Vanya .

one big plot hole
    They did an autopsy on Reginald after his death in season 1 and there was no, by the way he is an alien wearing a mask reveal

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

I definitely enjoyed this much more than the first season, the writing seemed a lot tighter although I still feel the plot was a bit stretched, it probably could have been done in 8 episodes. I think one thing they need to do is actually establish the characters characters, there seemed to be a bit on inconsistency
    in the first episode we see Luther block a projectile form a tank with his back but in the final episode he's murdered with a tommy gun. Also what exactly is Diego's power, is he basically Magneto?

Final episode:
    Huge suspension of disbelief required for the last episode even considering the ridiculous nature of the show, the battle was ridiculous, why are the Commission men running and shooting, just shoot and you might miss the two people running across an open field. I really struggled with that. I'm also curious as to how many times in a rewatch I could say "oh well if Lila had just used her powers there..." but maybe she has to be near the person she has to mirror. All that said, I'm very excited about the setup for season 3, seeing these actors play new versions of themselves in this alternate future should be fun.

I'm glad most people seem to enjoy Five because the performance actually really annoys me, especially the way he always looks slightly hunched, I suspect the actor is trying to hide he growth spurt. The fact he's still in that stupid school uniform also really irritates me.

Anyway I know it sounds like I'm ragging on it but I did really enjoy it and as mentioned the soundtrack was great.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,305 ✭✭✭✭Penn

FunLover18 wrote: »
    I definitely enjoyed this much more than the first season, the writing seemed a lot tighter although I still feel the plot was a bit stretched, it probably could have been done in 8 episodes. I think one thing they need to do is actually establish the characters characters, there seemed to be a bit on inconsistency
    in the first episode we see Luther block a projectile form a tank with his back but in the final episode he's murdered with a tommy gun. Also what exactly is Diego's power, is he basically Magneto?

Final episode:
    Huge suspension of disbelief required for the last episode even considering the ridiculous nature of the show, the battle was ridiculous, why are the Commission men running and shooting, just shoot and you might miss the two people running across an open field. I really struggled with that. I'm also curious as to how many times in a rewatch I could say "oh well if Lila had just used her powers there..." but maybe she has to be near the person she has to mirror. All that said, I'm very excited about the setup for season 3, seeing these actors play new versions of themselves in this alternate future should be fun.

I'm glad most people seem to enjoy Five because the performance actually really annoys me, especially the way he always looks slightly hunched, I suspect the actor is trying to hide he growth spurt. The fact he's still in that stupid school uniform also really irritates me.

Anyway I know it sounds like I'm ragging on it but I did really enjoy it and as mentioned the soundtrack was great.

I thought Diego
    could control anything he throws, like knives. Maybe he has telekinesis over all forms of projectiles or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,695 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

one big plot hole
    They did an autopsy on Reginald after his death in season 1 and there was no, by the way he is an alien wearing a mask reveal

I dunno was that a plot hole because
    Pogo reported his cause of death as a heart attack following a coroner’s report. Then Reggie told Klaus he was helped to take his own life by Pogo and ‘Grace’, but that’s all in the original timeline. In the new timeline Reggie reveals he’s an alien.

I actually preferred the first series to the second. I was really looking forward to the second series based on the first, but it feels like it went off on a different tangent completely. Couldn’t shake the feeling I was just watching an extended version of a Matrix rip-off
    with triplets instead of the ghost twins.

Unfortunately I’m not bothered if they make a third series. I’d still watch it, but the second series left me feeling it was all a bit formulaic. If people like this though, Heroes is being shown again on BBC and iPlayer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭brevity

I love this show.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭Lillyfae

To be honest, I think he looks exactly like a 62 year old man would look if they got stuck in their own 14 year old body- that's the beauty of his acting!

Cannot stop listening to Baio. Anyone interested, he's a member of the band Vampire Weekend. It's like they made the soundtrack for me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭coL

Not sure how I missed this show until now. Just watched the first two episodes now and am liking it except for one or two of the actors who are a bit typecast at this point (Robert Sheehan/Ellen Page are they the same in everything!!)

One this that confused me in the pilot was what was happening in the ambulance when Klaus (Robert Sheehan) seemed to have OD'd and came back laughing with the paramedic? Am I missing something?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,256 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

coL wrote: »
    Not sure how I missed this show until now. Just watched the first two episodes now and am liking it except for one or two of the actors who are a bit typecast at this point (Robert Sheehan/Ellen Page are they the same in everything!!)

One this that confused me in the pilot was what was happening in the ambulance when Klaus (Robert Sheehan) seemed to have OD'd and came back laughing with the paramedic? Am I missing something?

Klaus is generally immortal.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

pjohnson wrote: »

Is he!? I don't remember that.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,857 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

If he is then he's even more typecast than I thought.
    "Right, we need a guy who can play a likeable, immortal a$$hole"

5: Hrmmmm.
    So this feels like a setup for a reckoning but just at the halfway point feels a bit odd. Swedish Montage at the end
    was cool.

The
    Pogo space story
    was also cool

6: Ah
    not Elliot! Not like that!

Right so,
    Five has to go to 1982 but that'll be after the current apocolypse so I guess it'll be a nuclear winter?
    Then the
    father gave him advice about travelling in seconds. I'm guessing that'll come in useful later to kinda freeze time and do something like what quicksilver did in the x-men films. Although maybe even faster/in reverse.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭coL

pjohnson wrote: »

Is that what it is? It seemed significant and I was wondering what I was missing. Thanks for explaining it

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭groovie

Yup, enjoyable second season, looks and sounds great, good cast. Looking forward to a third season.

• Advertisement

7: Hrmmm..
    right so. This apocolypse is where it's at. Could there be someone other than them and the Time Bureau involved. Like maybe but it feels like it'd be a reach at this point. I wonder what the deal with Hazel was. Probably about time he showed up to explain the first episode a bit at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,229 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

most of the characters' powers are wasted. we saw a glimpse at in 2.1 with the future.
    didn't really enjoy season 2 unfortunately.

8: Oh that was cool!
    Looks like it's gonna happen regardless now. Guessing they'll have to fix things up after the President survives. Maybe still an a appearance of Hazel due? Gotta be a big save-the-day moment which includes the time-freeze power, the dad told five about.

After that, then the question arises,
    now that Harlan is manifesting powers. Is he gonna be a big baddie in a future season?!
    :eek: (
    kinda like the incredibles
    )

9: WTF! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 43,792 ✭✭✭✭Basq

The music in this show is always so well chosen!

It's almost used as a character in itself!

Finished! Overall, a well made season. Some good action and surprises. Doesn't take itself too seriously but it does get very violent and gory.

10: That's a
    kinda cool power Lila has. A bit like Rogue from X-Men but faster and without needing a touch. Something at the back of my mind telling me there's some other character out there like that.

For the future,
    definitely a season 3. This sparrow academy is a curiousity and what is with the father! Like a reptile or something!?

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Hercule

this show uses music really well - must cost a pretty penny to license all these tracks

enjoyed the first season, but spent most of the second feeling like it was just a bit of a rehash - I also kept thinking about how much more I enjoy "The Boys" over this

• Registered Users Posts: 43,792 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Thought the second season was fantastic..

.. the first season was good but felt much more like setting the scene.

It really found its feet this year.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Really enjoyed the second series too, still felt very fresh and like there loads more directions they could go in next year. As already mentioned several times the soundtrack was great, thought the Swedish version of Hello was used to great affect. Aidan Gallagher really is terrific too, he's got a very bright future.

• Advertisement

Slydice wrote: »

For the future,
    definitely a season 3. This sparrow academy is a curiousity and what is with the father! Like a reptile or something!?

He's
    an alien. Although if memory serves, he was shown in his human form on his home planet.

Advertisement