Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Umbrella Academy [Netflix] [**SPOILERS**]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Finished this over the weekend, loved it. Some cracking songs on the soundtrack too

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Women in Refrigerators time... :rolleyes:
    Watching it but I'm just not sure about it

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Only watched the first episode so far, but it looks promising and (as others have pointed out) the music and direction is very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,682 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

OmegaGene wrote: »
    There is a soundtrack playlist on Spotify released by Netflix btw

It doesn't include the Phantom of the Opera violin medley from Episode 1 though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

It doesn't include the Phantom of the Opera violin medley from Episode 1 though :(

Here you go

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,682 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Here you go

Thanks but I'd love to have it in my music library :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭sioda

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

Totally new cast or the youngsters I wonder

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,182 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Probably unknown but likely the same cast, be very unusual to change the cast that everyone has got to know and start afresh for a sophomore season (not withstanding those multi seasons series that are single season based) - they didn't strictly follow the comics in the first season

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Just finished episode 5. Feels like we just finished introductions to the characters, universe and plot and now we're ready to jump into the story to make this season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Finished the season this evening. Loved it from start to finish. Great stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,727 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Imagine ones in coming years showing the opening to girls saying that's what happens if you get close to a boy. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,318 ✭✭✭Heckler

Only on episode 3 but am enjoying this. The soundtrack is spot on. Dream Theater and Tiffany in the one episode was unexpectedly genius.

I can’t explain without giving away spoilers
    Too late really isn't it?

not really, there are several possibilities for the next series and they are two of the options i dont want to see but seem to be floating around online, i liked thought the actors playing the 7 were very good.
    I'm referring to your failure to use spoiler tags earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,752 ✭✭✭✭flazio

It's a bit X-men meets a Series of Unfortunate Events isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭Walter Bishop

Finished it, really enjoyed it throughout.

And what terrible spoiler did I give away that would ruin the series for anyone ??
    Totally new cast or the youngsters I wonder
    Maybe use a shred of common sense?

• Registered Users, Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,257 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

I've watched five episodes now, and for the first time it fully feels like everything is starting to come together. I found it to be very much a slow burner but it's getting there now and I'm really enjoying it. On to the next five!

• Registered Users, Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,257 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Just finished episode 8, this show has gone from being ok to being terrific! Wow at
    Vanya killing Allison, although I'm not ruling out the timeline being reversed and she'll somehow survive. But jesus what a twist!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

I wouldn’t consider that’s a spoiler, doesn’t ruin the series for anyone by saying what happens just a theory about the next series, entertainment websites were also discussing the same thing wondering where the series will go next ie continue or do a true detective

Ah, it was a spoiler. It depends on your perspective as to whether it was a big spoiler or not. Re info in entertainment websites. A person would read those knowing there could be spoilers. On boards the etiquette would be to spoiler tag such information. In this case the information seemed to come from knowledge of the comics and, for me personally, gave an indication of what was possibly coming up next. For example in the Walking Dead there are separate threads for those that have read the comics and those that have not, similar GOT. In my opinion a spoiler, but not a major one.

Although I further agree that it's likely they'll keep with the existing TV characters.

I wouldn’t consider that’s a spoiler, doesn’t ruin the series for anyone by saying what happens just a theory about the next series, entertainment websites were also discussing the same thing wondering where the series will go next ie continue or do a true detective
    I've finished the series now and it's 100% a spoiler. When in doubt use spoiler tags, I'm not sure why this is such an issue that you feel you need to latch on to. A spoiler doesn't need to "ruin the series" - the "theory about the next series" is inherently a spoiler about the last episodes.

The difference between this and entertainment websites is that people don't have to click into those spoilers. You're not a new poster, you should be used to the way this forum works by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

Of course it was a spoiler. How can that even be debated?

A spoiler doesn't have to directly say "X dies" or whatever to be a spoiler.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭okatied

My 13 yr old is loving it but you know your child better than anyone else

• Registered Users Posts: 3,318 ✭✭✭Heckler

Heckler wrote: »
    Only on episode 3 but am enjoying this. The soundtrack is spot on. Dream Theater and Tiffany in the one episode was unexpectedly genius.

Quoting myself. I really thought that was an orchestral arrangement of Dream Theatre The best of Times, considering the song is about the loss of a father it would have been fitting.

Tiffany is still great.

Slydice wrote: »
    Just finished episode 5. Feels like we just finished introductions to the characters, universe and plot and now we're ready to jump into the story to make this season.

Well, I was a bit off the mark there! :eek::D

Just finished. Really enjoyed that series. Felt really well done and got loads of surprises on me. The powers and stories felt newish or refreshed enough too.

Needed to know! but couldn't find much on a season two but..

Number One (Tom Hopper as Luther) and Number Three (Emmy Emmy Raver-Lampman as Allison) in an interview don't discount a possible second season:
    ‘The Umbrella Academy’ Cast on Superheroes, Stunt Work, and Season 2 Hopes
    http://collider.com/umbrella-academy-cast-interview-tom-hopper-emmy-raver-lampman-david-castaneda/#season-2
    This season leaves things pretty open and on a big cliffhanger.
    Have you had conversations about where things could go next? Do you have any idea?

RAVER-LAMPMAN: We don’t really know anything about a second season. I have my list of what
    I think Allison should be.

HOPPER: We know what the show is now, so we’ve all got our own ideas about what we should do.

RAVER-LAMPMAN: I think the biggest question is,
    where and when? Where did they go, and when did they go? Five was responsible for taking us somewhere that’s not a self-imploding planet, so where are we?

HOPPER: The options are wide open for that.

RAVER-LAMPMAN: Truly, it could be anything, which is so exciting because I felt like that, reading every episode, as we shot Season 1. Now, we’re potentially looking at a wide open second season. I have no idea. I don’t even know where to begin with it because we could start all over. Who knows?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

Slydice wrote: »
    Needed to know! but couldn't find much on a season two but..

Number One (Tom Hopper as Luther) and Number Three (Emmy Emmy Raver-Lampman as Allison) in an interview don't discount a possible second season:
    ‘The Umbrella Academy’ Cast on Superheroes, Stunt Work, and Season 2 Hopes
    http://collider.com/umbrella-academy-cast-interview-tom-hopper-emmy-raver-lampman-david-castaneda/#season-2

Eh, it's already been renewed for a second season. Been all over the web so no idea how you couldn't find it!

Cina wrote: »
    Eh, it's already been renewed for a second season. Been all over the web so no idea how you couldn't find it!

Cool, give us a link to use for the future!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,433 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Totally new cast or the youngsters
    I wonder

10000% a spoiler dude, sorry.
    Almost everyone dies at the end
    , so how can that NOT be a spoiler? Please be more careful in future.

Regarding the reported posts - we can't add allow unspoilered discussion about Netflix shows because all episodes are available at once and everyone watches at their own pace. Spoiler tags are a necessary evil in these kinds of threads, I'm afraid.

Advertisement