Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestling News & Rumours Thread ***NO CHAT***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭nazmoalex

I didn't know Mongo had ALS.

There's an interview with the Chicago Tribune up on YouTube, just saw it the other day. He's taking it as well as anybody could. Nice to see Flair visiting him. Interview is worth checking out

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

Will Ospreay vs Shingo Takagi the 8th match to get ****** from Dave Meltzer in history. For me, it's the current match of the year and well deserved, an absolutely magic pro wrestling match.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Will Ospreay vs Shingo Takagi the 8th match to get ****** from Dave Meltzer in history. For me, it's the current match of the year and well deserved, an absolutely magic pro wrestling match.

Why cant he just have it at 5 stars and reduce his ratings in other matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,511 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

beakerjoe wrote: »

Because that would be using logic beaker and we can’t be doing that with metlzer. He tried to compare his rating scale(which he didn’t create) to the Richter scale. I’ve stopped reading them but unfortunately some wrestlers seem to tailor their matches to trying to get a rating from meltzer.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,338 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Dave Meltzer might be the best worker in wrestling over the last decade the way he winds fans up he is defiantly better than 99% of pro wrestlers anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Dave Meltzer might be the best worker in wrestling over the last decade the way he winds fans up he is defiantly better than 99% of pro wrestlers anyway.

The man's ability to wind people up is unmatched.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

I mean sure but tbh I don't mind it and I get his logic behind it. Whether everyone agrees with that logic is up to them. Personally I just rate on a 5 star scale. Will Ospreay vs Shingo was probably in the best 15 or 20 Pro wrestling matches I've ever seen and, whether the Meltzer scale works for people or not, it's an absolute must watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,530 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Because that would be using logic beaker and we can’t be doing that with metlzer. He tried to compare his rating scale(which he didn’t create) to the Richter scale. I’ve stopped reading them but unfortunately some wrestlers seem to tailor their matches to trying to get a rating from meltzer.

Wonder what he'd give Savage v Steamboat now if he saw it for the first time today?

Danhausen as Sasha has to be the best thing in wrestling this week.

https://twitter.com/DanhausenAD/status/1391212215370387457?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 5,157 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Even Cornette has a soft spot for Danhausen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,259 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Whats WWE Evil?

Right now it just reminds me of Alan Partridge pitching ideas to the BBC. He has a great title but nothing behind it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,836 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

My guess would be exploring characters like Undertaker, Kane, etc.

Clicking the link it seems to be about the best bad guys

• Registered Users Posts: 85,259 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

WWE Evil

WWE Evil is described as a “psychological exposé” into the minds of the most diabolical antagonists in WWE history and their impact on mainstream culture. Wrestler-actor Cena is writing the project and also will narrate and exec produce.

https://deadline.com/2021/05/peacock-pins-john-cenas-wwe-evil-series-sets-multi-part-joe-montana-documentary-1234753671/

• Registered Users Posts: 23,114 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

From Fightful...
    Zelina Vega, also known as Thea Trinidad was at the WWE Performance Center on Thursday, May 13. We were told it wasn't just a visit, as she was being filmed for some reason there. Zelina left WWE in November when she was fired for not following third party policies. Her husband Aleister Black also hasn't wrestled since her firing, and only recently saw vignettes air for his return after Fightful had reports that he had not been backstage at Smackdown for quite a while. We're working to learn the context of Zelina's appearance at the WWE PC, but have been told the working plan is for her to return to the company.

Maybe Twitch and Onlyfans wasn't as lucrative as first thought.

J. Marston wrote: »
    From Fightful...

Maybe Twitch and Onlyfans wasn't as lucrative as first thought.

I dont see WWE breaking their back to bring her back either, but somethings going on it seems.

Would certainly be interesting to see her paired up with Black but I don't really want to see an Alexa mark 2 type character. One is bad enough.

Zelina when she eventually comes back, after all the fuss she caused in not going along with the company's third party policies that led to her original release.

5OyDdxc3IlLUTlrvU7gBpYFohhQ=.gif

Can't say I've watched her streams but I get a distinct Babestation-lite vibe from this...

kaqpib1yszy61.jpg

I can see why she'd want back in. I'd rather read shítty WWE scripts once a week and work with my friends/husband than dress up for tips for horny people on Twitch.

So then what was the point of kicking up the **** show for herself last November by tweeting she was in favour of Unionization? Why not just have kept her mouth shut and gone along with it?

Only then to U-turn 7 months later.

• Advertisement

I think theres more to the story here.

Considering how unamicable their parting was and how Black has been used, youd imagine they wouldnt work again anythime soon.

I wonder what happened. Zelina is useful but not a must have talent. So I find it odd that shes rumoured to be returning considering the falling out

I think theres more to the story here.

Considering how unamicable their parting was and how Black has been used, youd imagine they wouldnt work again anythime soon.

I wonder what happened. Zelina is useful but not a must have talent. So I find it odd that shes rumoured to be returning considering the falling out

We haven't been Drake Maverick'd again have we?. Way to backtrack on her convictions if she's gone back after a release/extended vacation on the companies dime.

I'll tell ya what happened, Vince McMahon's wallet is what happened. An offer was made, and she couldn't refuse.

The WWE is very pro USA USA USA USA and this year is the 20th anniversary of 911 and RAW being the first show with a live audience after I can see the WWE getting very USA USA USA USA coming closer to September and having Zelina whose father died in the Twin Towers on board for docs etc would be great main stream PR for them.

If jumping to conclusions was an Olympic sport ^^^ That would take the gold medal.

If jumping to conclusions was an Olympic sport ^^^ That would take the gold medal.

Id agree.

Id say there was legal discussions in the background since her release. WWE could be giving her a job back to make other things go away perhaps.

I just dont see WWE wanting her back unless she has leverage over them. She was never a top star.

Pure speculation

Can't say I've watched her streams but I get a distinct Babestation-lite vibe from this...

I can see why she'd want back in. I'd rather read shítty WWE scripts once a week and work with my friends/husband than dress up for tips for horny people on Twitch.
    Not so much babestation, that's just what Only fans and its ilk encourage; money exchanged for a bullsh1t sense of friendship with famous people. In a way you can admire them for monetizing the overly eager fan but Christ it just seems so wrong to me.

Like I'd even question if there's quality gaming going on in these Twitch streams and the like. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,060 ✭✭✭ThePott

I've seen a lot of people say as much about Twitch lately, that it's not what it was and has become a bit softcore.

As much as people are dumping on Zelina for abandoning the idea of unionisation. I think that's unfair. Unionising in wrestling is near impossible and it's far from a 1 person job. Most unions don't want wrestlers, actors being the one that many pointed to. I'm sure a lot of the locker room would be in favour of it but that doesn't make it an easy thing to set-up.

ThePott wrote: »
    I've seen a lot of people say as much about Twitch lately, that it's not what it was and has become a bit softcore.

As much as people are dumping on Zelina for abandoning the idea of unionisation. I think that's unfair. Unionising in wrestling is near impossible and it's far from a 1 person job. Most unions don't want wrestlers, actors being the one that many pointed to. I'm sure a lot of the locker room would be in favour of it but that doesn't make it an easy thing to set-up.

I dont think she ever had any real intentions of a Union. I say she just threw that out there in anger of being shown the door.

My own oponion, you need to have a lot of brain cells missing to subsribe to her Onlyfans. The whole idea is sad to me.

I dont think she ever had any real intentions of a Union. I say she just threw that out there in anger of being shown the door.

My own oponion, you need to have a lot of brain cells missing to subsribe to her Onlyfans. The whole idea is sad to me.

Which is sad to you? The whole subbing to Zelina's Onlyfans? Or the idea of it in general? Or possibly a combination of both?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

Advertisement