Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liveline: Live & Let Dial

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,017 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Did the menopause fill the debate until Friday 3pm?

I wonder will there be new topics on Mondays show?

Dat's de sweetest, cutest cat.

NIMAN wrote: »
    Did the menopause fill the debate until Friday 3pm?

I wonder will there be new topics on Mondays show?

It did indeed, nonstop. It will reappear throughout next week, but I hope and pray it may be interspersed with new topics. Somehow I'd say any other subjects will take a back seat.

Got my text yesterday to tell me I'm having the AZ vaccine in Aviva tomorrow evening :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,666 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

Got my text yesterday to tell me I'm having the AZ vaccine in Aviva tomorrow evening :)

great stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 6,666 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

spent weekend looking for lost dog from mrs cretin seeing dog on landvran off. rang owner lovely she was distraut. puppy rescue very scared and skittish.
    went for walk no sign. told baby crtein and wife going for drive to check back roads.
    got out gate looked left poor girl staring at me shot off.
    rang owner 3 hours ltr dog in car found safe lots of tears. i love dogs.

spent weekend looking for lost dog from mrs cretin seeing dog on landvran off. rang owner lovely she was distraut. puppy rescue very scared and skittish.
    went for walk no sign. told baby crtein and wife going for drive to check back roads.

Ah that's lovely :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Fair play to you.

I went for a shower one morning a few weeks ago. Came down and couldn't find the dog. One of the kids had left the side gate open taking out bikes for school. She was gone. 11 yrs old, diabetic and almost blind. 10 of the neighbours came out searching within minutes. I found her myself in long grass in a neighbouring estate. She hadn't a clue where she was. Worst of it all was wondering what I was going to tell the children when they came home.

Liveline advert: menopausal woman says she's lonely with the symptoms, although shared by 50% of the population of her own age cohort? Should be in great company tbh.

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886d6753cb8b3b51d8f35089be68d4ff3e2c3fea5c7&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,463 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Will it be another women's issues session today so to speak?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

Will it be another women's issues session today so to speak?

He is determined to keep going on this until the menopause is abolished!

A day off for Joe...

Katie on instead.

A woman who couldn't stand de sight of her husband

Brain fog

Pelvic flooor

A row in Galway about park benches

Rotten food in hospitals

Katie, when giving out contact details, forgot to say that the email address is available from anywhere in the world. The people might not know.

Katie, when giving out contact details, forgot to say that the email address is available from anywhere in the world. The people might not know.

And at any time of day or night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,245 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Must be an RTÉ Bank Holibop today as Joe's off today. Katie is on instead and her note doesn't just say "Gone to Glass Nevin. Dinner in Oven"

• I hated me hubby so much I wanted that Man to Pause. We speak to a Mrs Duffy.

• Pelvic floor; is this the glass ceiling of the Menopause?

• Wheelchair assessable park benches in Galway; it's time to give them an Eyre.

• Hopsitpful food; is it that bad? We talk to a woman who's stuffed liver and bacon came with an Elastoplast.

58ye18.jpg

All of this and more from 1:45PM provided you have a card, be it Medical or Diners Club....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭leath_dub

A day off for Joe...

Katie on instead.

A woman who couldn't stand de sight of her husband

Brain fog

Pelvic flooor

A row in Galway about park benches

Rotten food in hospitals

No daily Dollymount twitter photo from Joe generally indicates a guest hoston The Liveline that afternoon. Sure enough, nothing from our hero today and Katie is in the saddle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,967 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

leath_dub wrote: »
    No daily Dollymount twitter photo from Joe generally indicates a guest hoston The Liveline that afternoon. Sure enough, nothing from our hero today and Katie is in the saddle

is that Joe's sort of 'proof of life' , to show he's not in bed till 11am each day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,063 ✭✭✭Genghis

Must be an RTÉ Bank Holibop today as Joe's off today.

Could only get a Barbers / waxing appointment in Clontarf between 1:45 and 3:00.

• Advertisement

That Dr Marie Cassidy programme sounds good.

Wasn't she in Taggart?

Wasn't she in Taggart?

She has the voice and charisma for Taggart :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭statto25

Katie needs to work on her intro timing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,318 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Wasn't she in Taggart?
    The advert looks really interesting, but her book title is such a rip off of the guy from the UK, Dr Richard Shepherd.

Beyond the tape: the life and many deaths of a state pathologist.

Unnatural causes: the life and many deaths of Britain's top forensic pathologist

Unnatural causes is a brilliant if grim read.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Red Fred

Bad line to start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,917 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

I've never had a problem with hospital food.
    Some people are just fussy feckers.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Advertisement

Vincent's food is unbelievably bad. I couldn't eat when in there, even when I had recovered enough from abdominal surgery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,234 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Hospital food isn't great SHOCKER

• Registered Users Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Red Fred

If Joe were on he'd be focusing on her rare disease rather than the bad food.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,521 ✭✭✭cozar

i thought this was going to be the girl who was knocked onto the tracks at Howth Junction. how naive of me sure RTE never touch stories like this one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,453 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

Dan Jaman wrote: »
    I've never had a problem with hospital food.
    Some people are just fussy feckers.

same as when I was in letterkenny a few years it was grand. couldn't fault it . maybe not the most exciting but grand

• Advertisement

If you are sick the type of food wouldn't really be someone's main concern....

250 euro for a hospital stay....is absolutely nothing?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,146 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

This is the reason why we all need to pay our TV and radio license.. Quality reporting like this

No... this can't be what I think it is — a depressive grumble about hospital food during a global pandemic.... wat?

Eddie Rockets and the hospital to be closed by 3pm

M

Roast coddle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,917 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Hopsital food - a subject that grips the nation.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,364 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Order takeaways.

The nutritional option.

This wan doesn't know shes born frankly.

Good woman Katie calling out the Eddie Rockets.

A bit more healthy....Eddie rockets....lol

cozar wrote: »
    i thought this was going to be the girl who was knocked onto the tracks at Howth Junction. how naive of me sure RTE never touch stories like this one.

What misfortune had the poor young lads who pushed her onto the tracks?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭IngazZagni

My mother who is a nurse herself has said the standard of hospital food has dropped massively recently. In many cases it's completely inedible. Not ideal when they need people to eat to keep their energy levels up and aid their recovery but the meat is like chewing gum. So I can really understand this woman's pain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

Vincent's food is unbelievably bad. I couldn't eat when in there, even when I had recovered enough from abdominal surgery.

Is the catering in Vincent’s outsourced?

M

If they fed them spuds, a decent piece of meat and peas they wouldn't be happy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Hospital food has been disgraceful for decades - not just four years ago - it's Ireland, let's have a report or another mass. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭KaneToad

I've never had any issues with hospital food. Thankfully I haven't been in as much as this poor lady.

I was in for bowel obstruction emergency surgery... food was important... was given stuff I couldn't possibly digest under the circumstances. Vincent's has the worst food imaginable.

M

The food on jury duty is delish.

In tears??

I r been in and out for months over the years in Beacon... the only thing I will say positive about the place is that the food is very palatable even after very major surgery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭minikin

All the lady doctors and nurses are busy doing their job, but rich expecting them to churn out a lovely meal for you caller.

• Advertisement
    M

There should be a McDowells in each hospital

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement