Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Black Friday Sale

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

How soon did you hear back, dan786? I bought an unlock for A40 from the seller om108XXXX at around 3pm today and sent a message thereafter - however, I haven't heard anything from the seller at all. :o

I didnt use that seller, used seller mobilecodes. Samsung codes are quick. I got them within 2 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭kilsmum

Very pleased with Nokia 4.2 absolute bargain for €39.99

Is the phone unlocked?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭Berserker5

Very pleased with Nokia 4.2 absolute bargain for €39.99

I got one it's good

Can ever get used to a 3000 battery after a 4000mAh

For 40 can't complain i guess

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭tv3tg4

Any views on the Nokia 1 plus?

tv3tg4 wrote: »
    Any views on the Nokia 1 plus?

Sh1tbox

• Advertisement

Get the 4.2

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Whats happening

Interestingly, bought two P30 Lites (his and hers), the Blue and Breathing Crystal, only the Blue is locked to the Vodafone network, the Breathing Crystal took the same 3 sim without issue.. Very strange

• Registered Users Posts: 18,093 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

kilsmum wrote: »
    Is the phone unlocked?

Not sure I actually just wanted it on Vodafone

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭swervring

Interestingly, bought two P30 Lites (his and hers), the Blue and Breathing Crystal, only the Blue is locked to the Vodafone network, the Breathing Crystal took the same 3 sim without issue.. Very strange

I never actually checked it, I'll be raging if it was actually unlocked :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,619 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Sent mail to om108-triomobile with the IMEI for Samsung A40 at 10.41am today and received the unlock code at 12.28pm! :eek:
    €12.50, worked perfectly and now 2 different sims in it.
    I'll be using him again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Sent mail to om108-triomobile with the IMEI for Samsung A40 at 10.41am today and received the unlock code at 12.28pm! :eek:
    I'll be using him again.

so which handset is dual sim?

scudzilla wrote: »

Samsung A40

• Registered Users Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭WestWicklow1

scudzilla wrote: »

...and the a20e

• Registered Users Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭WestWicklow1

I'll be using him again.

That was quick. He can be fast when he's quiet but put your feet up when he's busy. At the end of the day he does come through though.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭tiredblondie

I'll be using him again.

I presume you checked if it was already unlocked - the a40 i got from vf was unlocked!

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭tv3tg4

Is the Nokia 4.2 unlocked?

Where is the best place to get it unlocked?

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭swervring

Odd question but, does anyone know how to find out what network a number is on?? I got a free sim from eir and used to get the huawei p30lite on VF - but I'm not sure if the number ever actually ported as I did it in store & the guy told me it would be done the following morning. Put the VF sim in the VF phone but didn't connect to any network stayed as emergency calls only.

Asking as I would like to get the A40 from 3 but not sure whether I can re-use the same eir sim or whether it has ported to VF

I presume you checked if it was already unlocked - the a40 i got from vf was unlocked!

I did, was asked when I put in a Tesco Sim for the unlock code so was locked to Vodafone.

I did, was asked when I put in a Tesco Sim for the unlock code so was locked to Vodafone.

That's odd, some are locked and some aren't - wasn't an issue for me as i wanted it on vodafone network but just tried the free eir sim out of curiosity and it worked!

That's odd, some are locked and some aren't - wasn't an issue for me as i wanted it on vodafone network but just tried the free eir sim out of curiosity and it worked!

Just wondering did you try the Eir sim with the Vodafone sim out of the phone?

• Advertisement

Went into a shop this morning to get a Nokia 4.2 (they cancelled the online order) and was only €50 off the €139.99 in shop.
    Called up the Vodafone website in the store on my phone and it was same at €50 off.
    Yet on the laptop, it is now showing as €100 off? :confused:
    Anybody else having this problem?

Just wondering did you try the Eir sim with the Vodafone sim out of the phone?

I did, i got it as a christmas present for himself so i didn't put his sim card into it, only the eir sim card.

Sound.
    Obviously then some are and some aren't then for some strange reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭caycro

mac.in wrote: »
    You can order for an eir sim for free instead of buying it.

Can i ask what route you took to get a free eir sim, they're asking me for E20 !!

caycro wrote: »
    Can i ask what route you took to get a free eir sim, they're asking me for E20 !!

Ordered mine from here, had it in a couple of days

https://www.eir.ie/mobile/prepay/free-sim-cards/

I just bought another Nokia 4.2 they seem to be unlocked

They're worth the 40 but the battery's only average if u get used to the 4000 on the Xiaomis

Berserker5 wrote: »
    I just bought another Nokia 4.2 they seem to be unlocked

They're worth the 40 but the battery's only average if u get used to the 4000 on the Xiaomis

Just wondering who did you port from?
    Still can't order one porting a Tesco mobile. :mad:

Just wondering who did you port from?
    Still can't order one porting a Tesco mobile. :mad:

Eir

Im on Vodafone but I tried a eir sim today and the phone is unlocked

• Registered Users Posts: 6,993 ✭✭✭Barr

I'll be using him again.

Where do I find this guy ? sounds like a great service

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭leo2a6

does anybody know if the CAT B35 is unlocked ?

TIA

Advertisement