Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Black Friday Sale

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,618 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Ordered a Samsung A40 off three.ie for €89.99 (plus €10 top up) having given up on Vodafone customer service coming back to me about my cancelled order.
    Not only was it €50 cheaper, came in 2 days.
    Vodafone customer service said they ring me back and that was nearly 2 weeks ago!

Nearly got caught out with the 3 pin plug which looked very strange till I figured it needed to be expanded to fit :o.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭WestWicklow1

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Vodafone customer service said they ring me back and that was nearly 2 weeks ago!

I'm now waiting almost three weeks for a refund from a failed online sale. I didn't get the phone but they took the money anyway.
    Nearly got caught out with the 3 pin plug which looked very strange till I figured it needed to be expanded to fit :o.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

Just noticed the P30 Lite discount has gone from €100 down to €50 .... and the base price has gone up from €199 to €249.99 .... so their updated offer is to get the phone for the same price as it was before!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭webpal

vidapura wrote: »
    Hiya,
    I got the following:
    IMEI : 35xxxxxxxxxxx
    Unlock code : Network: 49525720, Defreeze: 41963906

NCK / NETWORK = Network code
    MCK / DEFREEZE = PUK code

And when I put the Network one in, it didn't work.
    So I'm just uncomfortable going further and trying to do what he told me to do with the 10 to 15 times bit..

When you insert a non vf sim, what message do you get? To insert the network unlock code?

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭vidapura

webpal wrote: »
    When you insert a non vf sim, what message do you get? To insert the network unlock code?

Yah, when yeh put non-vf SIM in and turn phone on, get a black screen showing:

"SIM Network PIN blocked. Enter SIM network PUK."

So .. is that the defreeze code or the network code that he gave me?
    Confused by the terminology now..

I dunno.. maybe this complicated by the fact that we're trying this using a non-vf SIM in another country. (ie: not Ireland).

Basically I got the phone and sent it to family over in mainland europe.
    So I'm trying to unlock it over WhatsApp with my sis.

Thought it would be as easy as get the code and pass that on to her.. but apparently not... sigh..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭Berserker5

Is it just 1 sim and microsd on the nokia 4.2?
    Manual shows 2

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

I dunno.. maybe this complicated by the fact that we're trying this using a non-vf SIM in another country. (ie: not Ireland).

Thought it would be as easy as get the code and pass that on to her.. but apparently not... sigh..

Your sim is the issue. You need to get a working sim. The pin of the sim was entered wrong and is blocked and you need puk code that comes with the sim.

Once the sim works then it will ask you for unlock code.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭webpal

Defreeze code

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,743 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

dan786 wrote: »
    Your sim is the issue. You need to get a working sim. The pin of the sim was entered wrong and is blocked and you need puk code that comes with the sim.

Once the sim works then it will ask you for unlock code.

No. The terminology is confusing but the SIM network PIN and SIM network PUK have nothing to do with the specific SIM card's PIN and PUK.

The SIM network PIN is the network unlock code and the SIM network PUK is the defreeze code.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭commited

Ordered a Samsung A40 off three.ie for €89.99 (plus €10 top up) having given up on Vodafone customer service coming back to me about my cancelled order.

Did the same, looks like a good phone! Have you bought an unlock code yet?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,743 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

commited wrote: »

Is it dual-SIM?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

Quackster wrote: »
    Is it dual-SIM?

I bought the A40 also, it arrived yesterday and so far I'm very impressed
    I'm also looking forward to getting 3plus offers :)

I bought a A20e off vodafone last week, but I have since found a candidate for that :D

@Quackster - it is dual sim, however I don't think it is unlocked.

Akin to the post above, have you unlocked yours yet , okidoki987?

A40 from Three comes locked but yes is dual sim. Can be unlocked for 10€ on ebay withing 1-2 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭tiredblondie

A40 i got from VF is unlocked - just tried the Eir sim card (that i got free, no top up required) and it worked fine :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭bazwaldo

Anyone buy the unlock code for Vodafones Huawei P30 Lite using ebay item "HUAWEI UNLOCK CODES : P20, MATE 10, P SMART - VODAFONE IRELAND NETWORK" seller "om108-triomobile"? I know it said that it could take up to 20 working days to get the code but has anyone received theirs yet and how long did it take?

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭swervring

bazwaldo wrote: »
    Anyone buy the unlock code for Vodafones Huawei P30 Lite using ebay item "HUAWEI UNLOCK CODES : P20, MATE 10, P SMART - VODAFONE IRELAND NETWORK" seller "om108-triomobile"? I know it said that it could take up to 20 working days to get the code but has anyone received theirs yet and how long did it take?

I haven't got mine yet either. I contacted the guy last week as another boardsie had gotten his code in 36 hours or something, the guy just said he was very busy coming up to Christmas and could be 15 business days. I should have got mine today at latest based on the date on the code I bought so may get in touch with him again.

bazwaldo wrote: »

This guy took 6 days for two phones:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/UNLOCK-CODE-IRELAND-VODAFONE-ANY-HUAWEI-P30-P30-LITE-P30-PRO-MATE-20-P20-LITE/254345523345?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Whats happening

Same guy came back after 2 Wks and said code couldn't be retrieved, and gave full refund.

I used unlock.ie earlier this year - cost €15 and had the code the same day.

I used unlock.ie earlier this year - cost €15 and had the code the same day.

Talking about Huawei here, yours must have been Samsung as Huawei costs 39.99 on above site.

Samsung is 11-12 euro on Ebay and code within an hour.

• Advertisement

Not yet, had to check and make it was locked to three, it is!
    Will do it tomorrow.

I'm now waiting almost three weeks for a refund from a failed online sale. I didn't get the phone but they took the money anyway.
    I never thought about all the refunds.
    2 for myself and 1 for a mate.
    Will check the cc and make sure they are in there.
    Contacted Vodafone via Twitter 5 hours ago and still waiting for an answer.

FYI my 2 refunds were processed back to credit cards on same day and day after.

I bought code for A20e, A40 and a S9 from him in last week and they came with just one unlock code and it worked on first try.

I bought a code just now off Ebay and a load of Samsung phones were listed
    but I wasn't asked to supply the IMEI number?
    Wonder would same code unlock all Samsung phones?

Talking about Huawei here, yours must have been Samsung as Huawei costs 39.99 on above site.

Samsung is 11-12 euro on Ebay and code within an hour.

Ah right....I didnt realise they had different prices for different brands....
    But on the plus side, they're quick and they work!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,087 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Very pleased with Nokia 4.2 absolute bargain for €39.99

I bought a code just now off Ebay and a load of Samsung phones were listed
    but I wasn't asked to supply the IMEI number?
    Wonder would same code unlock all Samsung phones?

You are supposed to add the IMEI in a message on Ebay, there is an option at checkout. If you didnt just message the seller with the phone name, network and IMEI.

You are supposed to add the IMEI in a message on Ebay, there is an option at checkout. If you didnt just message the seller with the phone name, network and IMEI.

Makes sense.
    Didn't see the option but I'll do that now.
    Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

How soon did you hear back, dan786? I bought an unlock for A40 from the seller om108XXXX at around 3pm today and sent a message thereafter - however, I haven't heard anything from the seller at all. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭seanin4711

got it through 3.ie for 59 euro.
    anyone suggest link to get it unlocked?
    model not supported as yet on dc unlocker
    thanks
    J

Advertisement