Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lifehacking pics - Simples.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

That Shaun is a smart cookie... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,881 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Reminds me of this:

• Registered Users Posts: 39,069 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

New Home wrote: »
    I know they hate grids, but they're usually metal, I didn't think they'd mind wooden grids too much. But you're making a good point, it'd be a matter of calculating the right 'tilting' weight, so to speak.

I think the calculations would be pretty hard for a cow. Might be easier if they Just walking around through the big gaps on either side. :p

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,787 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

8486_9773.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 8,430 ✭✭✭Markcheese

Mellor wrote: »
    I think the calculations would be pretty hard for a cow. Might be easier if they Just walking around through the big gaps on either side. :p

A lot of major out back roads in Australia don't bother with metal grids anymore - they just paint lines on the Tarmac - cattle think it's a grid-

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Advertisement

8486_9773.gif

Wow - there's design for ya - (and deft assembly)

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭garancafan

Itzy wrote: »
    5PDAiL.jpg

Would go better on short grass.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭KAGY

Itzy wrote: »
    5PDAiL.jpg

Not as much of a hack but here's a rotary version
    Sunkyong-Cycle-Mower.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

The pedal powered mower just looks epic.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

82afb2479bd4060dfee2dc6dcb968d97.gif

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21 Custom Painting

that table is excellent, where can I get it?

thinkwoodworks.net seems to be the website written across the gif...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21 Custom Painting

yeah they're selling the plans so one could build it himself..

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Movie Maestro

Yeah, gotta agree, awesome table alright :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,953 ✭✭✭Doge

KAGY wrote: »
    Not as much of a hack but here's a rotary version
    Sunkyong-Cycle-Mower.jpg

Continuing on with the same theme...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Are these still life hacks?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

I found this out a few years ago when I was getting fitted for a new pair of runners, but it just showed up in my newsfeed this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭limericklad87

Saw this on Facebook.... Very handy

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,787 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

3923_1459.jpeg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

• Advertisement

This is a real life hack, so simple and yet so effective - it's a relative of the soup stone!

IRON FISH

Sorry, I know, I know, I posted a video and a link, so here's one of the pictures...

volunteer.jpg

Whats the Soup Stone do? Google results are polluted by the old folk tale...

Thargor wrote: »
    Whats the Soup Stone do? Google results are polluted by the old folk tale...

Yes, that's exactly the Soup Stone I meant. You put the stone in water, add lots of yummy ingredients, and hey presto, you've got soup, all thanks to the stone. The Lucky Iron Fish is similar, in the sense that you add it to whatever you're cooking, and hey presto, an iron-full meal. :)

Ah right, I was picturing some stone you boiled in water to make nutritious soup over and over again, like those "Feed A Family For A Year" emergency buckets :D

http://www.gofastandlight.com/1-Year-Food-Supply-25-Year-Shelf-Life/productinfo/B-WFOOD/

augason-emergency-food-supply-kits.jpg

Perfect for the zombie apocalypse...

Cone of shame makeover

268639.jpg

tumblr_nsvk3v4Z4H1sa4vz3o1_500.png

New Home wrote: »
    tumblr_nsvk3v4Z4H1sa4vz3o1_500.png

Or - if you've got that much forethought -just bring some firelighters !

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

Markcheese wrote: »
    Or - if you've got that much forethought -just bring some firelighters !

But these would be waterproof, would occupy less space, and nothing would happen if they got into contact with food. Other than that, you're absolutely right. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Why not just dip firelighters in wax if we're going to the trouble of finding a bucket of melted wax to dip ship in.

Advertisement