Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unreliable Care Agency- looking for an on-call Carer

Options
  • 25-09-2020 10:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭

Ok without going into a lot of detail.

Care Agency working with us is unreliable and our HSE contact suggests trying to find someone privately for on-call emergency situations.
    This is for home help type care of an elderly person that has incontinence and mobility issues.
    Location is SW Co. Dublin.

Can anyone recommend where i might find someone?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Telly

Can you contact your public health nurse. They should be able to guide you in the right direction. They're the people who will get you extra hours too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭BluePlanet

Telly wrote: »
    Can you contact your public health nurse. They should be able to guide you in the right direction. They're the people who will get you extra hours too.

That's already been done.
    They allocated additional hours but that made no difference because the actual agency is still unreliable so it doesn't result in more actual visits nor address the problems with unreliability.

The social worker offered no suggestions about private fill-in care and basically took the attitude that we should be grateful for the (unreliable) care currently afforded us.

So that's why i'm asking the question of where i might find private care to call out to the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Tinwhistle*

BluePlanet wrote: »
    Ok without going into a lot of detail.

Care Agency working with us is unreliable and our HSE contact suggests trying to find someone privately for on-call emergency situations.
    This is for home help type care of an elderly person that has incontinence and mobility issues.
    Location is SW Co. Dublin.

Can anyone recommend where i might find someone?

I would talk to your local chemist, they will know all the private carers locally.

I would talk to your local chemist, they will know all the private carers locally.

I second this.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Tinwhistle*

Another suggestion would be to have a live-in carer. This would be more expensive, but with the right person(s) can be the perfect situation. Familiarity and companionship is important to older people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭BluePlanet

Another suggestion would be to have a live-in carer. This would be more expensive, but with the right person(s) can be the perfect situation. Familiarity and companionship is important to older people.

Yeah thanks for the suggestion but it's a non runner.

Advertisement