Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

POWER KITE ADVICE NEEDED

Options
  • 16-08-2009 12:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 42

I would love to buy a power kite but know nothing about them apart from the fact that it looks like great craic.

can anyone give any advice to a novice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭domcq

Hi,

I'd recommend the brand radsail. I have a 4m and it's a great kite. I'd done some flying on a 2m kite (radsail also) before so I was used to flying.

The smaller kites (less than 4m) are a little more forgiving (not so in high winds) and easier to fly generally.

You really need to match the kite size to the conditions. I'd start small until you get a feel for the power the kite can generate in all wind conditions.

Check out this thread for what kites others have and how they feel about them: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=62622422

You should definitely get one - they're great fun and a work out for your upper body in high winds.

Advertisement