Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Restbite

Options
  • 29-11-2020 10:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 44

Hi all.

Thanks to the pandemic all services are suspended.

I mind my father on my own 24/7. Where I go he have to go. Where he go I go.

Have not had a day off since the end of January 2020. Covid came and I lost all

my rest bite. Is there hope for carers out there. I have already collapsed and

was in A&E. A neighbor's son with dad until I got home.

I had to leave without results of scan as no one to mind dad.

Would anyone know if restbite happening soon.

This is terrible for carers. We get 219 euro a week and no help at all.

Hope you carers are keeping well.

179club

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,112 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Hi 197club, that's very difficult for you and you must be exhausted.

I can't help you directly with information as its quite complicated when different things will restart, and it does depend a bit on your actual circumstances, which you would be better to discuss with a professional who might know the answers to your questions. Of course there may be someone here who has direct experience of respite care, but in the meantime familycarers.ie might be able to help you.

This group https://familycarers.ie/carer-supports/help-advice/emergency-care-scheme have schemes to help carers, and they have a helpline 1800 24 07 24 that might be able to give you advice about your actual situation.

I hope you can get something sorted, take care and best wishes.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 4143

You could call your local district nurse/Dr and explain your situation.
    They hopefully will put a case forward for you and get some form of help eg Homehelp that might be of some relieve to you.

179club wrote: »
    Hi all.

Thanks to the pandemic all services are suspended.

I mind my father on my own 24/7. Where I go he have to go. Where he go I go.

Have not had a day off since the end of January 2020. Covid came and I lost all

my rest bite. Is there hope for carers out there. I have already collapsed and

was in A&E. A neighbor's son with dad until I got home.

I had to leave without results of scan as no one to mind dad.

Would anyone know if restbite happening soon.

This is terrible for carers. We get 219 euro a week and no help at all.

Hope you carers are keeping well.

179club

Advertisement