Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Love Island 2020 (Winter) - See Note in OP

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,476 ✭✭✭neonsofa

The twins' genuinely look like they suffer from back pain. How/why do they keep their spines in that position, it looks so painful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

Finally copped who Ollie reminds me of...

ku5HQln.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

neonsofa wrote: »
    The twins' genuinely look like they suffer from back pain. How/why do they keep their spines in that position, it looks so painful.

I reckon they won't last. No one will trust them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Apparently hundreds of complaints lodged against the trophy hunter. Cannot imagine he will do well out of this at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,306 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Your man Connors teeth....Jesus they look like he bought them of AliExpress!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

I wanted to be in the Kardashian’s too. In Kourtneys kitchen cooking a fry:
    “Hey Kourtney I’m going to Tesco’s! D’you want nappies or wipes or a bag of chicken nuggets or anything?”

Do they have to put in a posh boring blond boy every series?
    I don't trust this Mike fella...Leanne seems nice but maybe a bit to quiet/normal for this show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

It’s day two like, if I kept being pulled for chats about what my type is and where my heads at I’d be like I’m trying to enjoy my olidays leave me the fcuk alone

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    Apparently hundreds of complaints lodged against the trophy hunter. Cannot imagine he will do well out of this at all.

Over 16 thousand it seems.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭Still Ill

Surely none of the lads are actually attracted to the twins? They just have to pretend to for the sake of suspense, right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

I’ve heard there’s a girl from Eastwall in Dublin going in. Not sure how true it is but my colleague who lives in the area told me. I looked the girl up on Insta, she’s got nearly 30k followers and is very pretty but a filthy howiya accent. For the past couple of days she’s been posting on her stories about getting ready to go to Ibiza...doing all her holiday prep like extensions, nails, etc. Can’t imagine why a 19 year old clubber (judging by her highlights) would go to Ibiza in January when it’s dead and cold, so could be true!

Someone should let her know they’re in South Africa then!

gmisk wrote: »
    I don't trust this Mike fella...Leanne seems nice but maybe a bit to quiet/normal for this show.

Is Mike a policeman,

Is Mike a policeman,
    Yes (Iain Stirling getting some solid material out of that already), and ex footballer.

Callum has zero notion of that girl he I with as well.

God these two are so full of ****. Two of the biggest dopes ever put on tv.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,457 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Those twins are rough. Yet there seems to be a lot of fawning over them..

Don't get it...

Also 'I left my scent' had me gawking a little

• Advertisement

gmisk wrote: »

That Mike lad is definitely playing a game. Yer man Nas is this seasons Anton except less funny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,457 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Still Ill wrote: »
    Surely none of the lads are actually attracted to the twins? They just have to pretend to for the sake of suspense, right?

Contractually obliged is the only thing that makes sense to me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,020 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Over 16 thousand it seems.

It’s almost at 30 thousand now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭Still Ill

That Mike lad is definitely playing a game. Yer man Nas is this seasons Anton except less funny.

Getting a very camp vibe off Nas anyway

I am a bit behind....but even more sure of it now!
    He is no Anton alas :(, I loved that guy Chris on the last series as well he had his own vibe loved that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭cannotlogin

I don't know their names properly yet but the girl Mike was coupled with is stunning, especially compared to these two!

Leanne I think

Hopefully the ladies couple up and get rid of that Oli lad. (if it's possible)

I think Leanne is the nicest and most genuine in there.

I don't know their names properly yet but the girl Mike was coupled with is stunning, especially compared to these two!

Leanne I think
    She has a really pretty face, her hair looks lovely up as well. Those twins are trash!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Firmino what are u doing on this show?? U got an important game on Sunday vs ManUre. U need to get on the first flight back to England.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,853 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

THey are all so formal. Wtf! As cringe as an Irish one would be. I’d love to see it ! Can you imagine mixing a few ajh, middle class , “ posh “ City and some proper country folk!!! Maybe just run it for a month though !

The standards have fallen a lot since Camilla thurlow, that’s for sure !

This series seems a bit like ‘Love island Juniors’. Or else I’m getting too old for it. Not a great start so far.

It all looks heavily staged.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Ugh that episode was painful. I don't like any of them. The twins are wrecking my head. Their fight over Callum was so stupid!

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭angel eyes 2012

KatW4 wrote: »
    Ugh that episode was painful. I don't like any of them. The twins are wrecking my head. Their fight over Callum was so stupid!

It would help if they had name badges. It's impossible to tell them apart. I'd say the lads haven't a clue which one they are paired with.

Them twins remind me of Rocky Dennis the kid from Mask.

• Advertisement

I don't like the twins. Shaughna is a bit of a thick god bless her. Leanne is for real and quite attractive. Paige is a player, she seems v smart and will end up with teethhead Conor. Sianisse will go with Ollie. Sophie is pretty attractive but very immature. Cute Dimples on her.

Mike is a player but he will play his cards right with Leanne. Callum looks sorted. Conor will be picked also. Ollie will be fine but the small guy could be in trouble, Nas is struggling for love.

They will throw in a few hunks soon enough, you can never relax on that show.

It is going to be a challenge to follow though. I would say poor Laura Whitmore is dying with Jet Lag. It is a 10 hour flight to London. Nasty enough 3 or 4 times a week, yuck.

Them twins remind me of Rocky Dennis the kid from Mask.

That's Laura Dern your thinking of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭jr86

Someone should let her know they’re in South Africa then!

Think that's the point, she's going to "Ibiza" - but as Ibarelycare said why would someone like her be packing off going to Ibiza this time of the year, i.e. its likely a ruse

The viewing figures have come out for the opening night and it is 1m down on the summer series. It is suspected that many of the people who were intending on boycotting the Trophy Hunter actually did so. I havent watched this so far, just reading for the comments here - but so far it seems like Im not missing much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,853 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

one of the twins if definitely better looking than the other. I mean, it makes sense if you are that way inclined. I mean if they propose to go on as them red head selves, its one thing. but tarts themselves up a oompah loompas who are going to "stir things up" and get their few minutes of fame. Given how much money there is to be made from it , I dont blame them for it. But those lads on the outside, wouldnt touch those two, as they are now , with a bargepole. with the exception of a possible "hit it and quit it" drunk ONS etc...

I'd say the other girls in there, are thinking "the absolute state of them"... Where it would be easier to gang up if it was just one girl, wont be as easy doing it with two of them there, who will obviously have each others back

anewme wrote: »
    The viewing figures have come out for the opening night and it is 1m down on the summer series. It is suspected that many of the people who were intending on boycotting the Trophy Hunter actually did so. I havent watched this so far, just reading for the comments here - but so far it seems like Im not missing much.

I doubt that the figures are down because one contestant like to go hunting, there are other factors.

There is a good Christine Keeler Drama on BBC and Louis Theroux was on also. I would say these are bigger factors.

I know the press are trying to demonise Ollie for going hunting but it is worth noting that it is a government sponsored pastime in S Africa and thousands of people do it as a hobby. That might not sit comfortably with people but it is a reality.

People hunt deer in Ireland , very legally depending on numbers , it is not the work of the Devil or anything. By all accounts Ollie and his father are wealthy landowners it would be very common for these people to hunt wildlife on their land and indeed travel to Africa to hunt. It does not make them bad people in my opinion.

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    I doubt that the figures are down because one contestant like to go hunting, there are other factors.

If you read the Love Island Page on FB, thousands of people said they would be boycotting it because of the prinicpals of promoting a trophy hunter. ITV said they did not feel it would impact viewing figures and brazened it out - but numbers speak for themselves. 1m down is a significant number and its not too far a stretch to say those who said they would boycott, actually did and are part of the reason for the decline.

If you read the Love Island Page on FB, thousands of people said they would be boycotting it because of the prinicpals of promoting a trophy hunter. ITV said they did not feel it would impact viewing figures and brazened it out - but numbers speak for themselves. 1m down is a significant number and its not too far a stretch to say those who said they would boycott, actually did and are part of the reason for the decline.

Great to see the protest against trophy hunters doing so well.

As I said it does not bother me. I certainly wouldn't not watch a program based on a contestant hobbies or pastimes. Hunting is not a crime.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,572 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

I think that's the reason why viewing figures are down.

JeffKenna wrote: »
    I think that's the reason why viewing figures are down.

They were talking about the first episode. People did not tune in at the beginning. Now I defo. know I'm not missing much, Im not going to bother. The comments here are better.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭mlem123

I think it's just the wrong time of year for it, every channel has new programming, college students have exams etc etc Summer is a lot more quiet!

I think the hunter thing probably contributed but I don't think it's the show's responsibility to take this guy off air (I'm especially anti trophy hunting but the show is more than this one posh twat)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭crisco10

Last night was just boring.

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭buswankers

Thousands does not equate to 1 million, I'd echo Jeff & IAMAM in that I would say that the main reason is that it's just gotten ridiculously boring at this stage among other reasons - your man being in there being one but certainly not to contribute to the large decline of viewing figures, for me personally that woudlnt stop me watching the show but the conversations, the characters all being soooo same samey at this stage and the fact that they're all early twenties just screams zzzzzzzzzzzzz.

buswankers wrote: »
    Thousands does not equate to 1 million,

I can count.

I said its a part of it and Ive no doubt its a factor.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭jr86

buswankers wrote: »
    Thousands does not equate to 1 million, I'd echo Jeff & IAMAM in that I would say that the main reason is that it's just gotten ridiculously boring at this stage among other reasons - your man being in there being one but certainly not to contribute to the large decline of viewing figures, for me personally that woudlnt stop me watching the show but the conversations, the characters all being soooo same samey at this stage and the fact that they're all early twenties just screams zzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Yep its too soon really after the summer series, people are more inclined to go for walks and to the gym on January evenings, people in bed earlier when not on holidays, the fact the show itself is very much tailored to summer (which is psychologically unusual to watch in January) would be very much contributory factors imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

It all looks heavily staged.

You don’t say...surely not....TV lie to you!! NEVER!

splinter65 wrote: »
    You don’t say...surely not....TV lie to you!! NEVER!

It is supposed to be a reality TV show. I am just commenting that there appears to be a lot of structured dialogue going on. I don't think they are trying to lie or anything, they are just encouraging certain story lines. I find it hammy.

TBH I would prefer if they fed them more booze and let them at it! I find this 2 drinks a night crap really condescending. They need to let them cut loose and argue etc. The Australian show last summer was some craic when they got going on the Cava.

It would be a much better show with the likes of Shaughna and Sophie getting half cut and running around trying to snog different blokes etc. Bomb diving the pool and trying to have a bit of sex in the walk-in wardrobe.... Far better than watching them put on their phucking make up every day and then sit around the fire playing with their hair before they go to bed. Snoozefest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

It is supposed to be a reality TV show. I am just commenting that there appears to be a lot of structured dialogue going on. I don't think they are trying to lie or anything, they are just encouraging certain story lines. I find it hammy.

TBH I would prefer if they fed them more booze and let them at it! I find this 2 drinks a night crap really condescending. They need to let them cut loose and argue etc. The Australian show last summer was some craic when they got going on the Cava.

It would be a much better show with the likes of Shaughna and Sophie getting half cut and running around trying to snog different blokes etc. Bomb diving the pool and trying to have a bit of sex in the walk-in wardrobe.... Far better than watching them put on their phucking make up every day and then sit around the fire playing with their hair before they go to bed. Snoozefest.

Is it not always the same though? I've only watched two seasons and they've been exactly the same. Scripted drama and forced storylines.

I think we’re all that bit more merry in the summertime. Maybe a bit delirious from the sun, bit of sun stroke perhaps influences our television standards. The cold, harsh, sobering light of January has me questioning my life choices and decision to ever watch this muck. Was it always this bad??

• Advertisement
Advertisement