Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Healy Raes

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,179 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

My stance is that the MHRs and DHRs of this world think it's a good thing for them to intervene in the administration of the health system, so their preferred clients get treatment ahead of other equally deserving people, and I don't think it's a good thing.

exactly. The queue for procedures should be based on medical need not who has the cutest hoor for a TD.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,108 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

SlowBlowin wrote: »
    The Prisoner's Dilemma is based on complete separation with no communication.

The video shows MHR communicating with government on the matter, therefore the analogy to the Prisoner's Dilemma is not valid in this case.

As I said, I was not responding to the video. I was responding to the general sense of people supporting a system which allows them to immediately gain a competitive edge with no concern for the actual best way to do things.

Prisoners dilemma needs communication, co-operation and trust to actually obtain the optimum outcome btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭SlowBlowin

My stance is that the MHRs and DHRs of this world think it's a good thing for them to intervene in the administration of the health system, so their preferred clients get treatment ahead of other equally deserving people, and I don't think it's a good thing.

OK, so you now have no issue with the health buses he lays on, as you said:

"That is a national scheme. It is not something that he is doing off his own bat. He might like the local yokels to think he is the one doing it and be eternally grateful to him for "giving" them something that is theirs by right anyway."

The issue you have is him "Bumping up" ?

As far as I know this "Bumping up" is a figment of the anti MHR mob.

What happens :

You feel that you mums waiting to long for her operation. You go to your TD (MHR) for help (its a national service), if he agrees its an unreasonable delay, he asks the Health minister/service if he is aware of the delays in this case.

Thats it. What often happens is the operation comes though, sometimes nothing happens and the delay continues.

The government definition of the role of a TD includes the following paragraph:

"As your local representative, a TD can ask questions in the Dáil or raise issues that are important to you or your local area. Most TDs have constituency clinics, where you can meet them and discuss issues that might then be raised in the Dáil or in PQs".

If you have a problem with this its down to your understanding of the role of a TD, or maybe you have experienced a TD who was not as helpful as MHR.

As I said, I was not responding to the video. I was responding to the general sense of people supporting a system which allows them to immediately gain a competitive edge with no concern for the actual best way to do things.

Prisoners dilemma needs communication, co-operation and trust to actually obtain the optimum outcome btw.

I thought the prisoners dilemma refereed to a situation where the optimum outcome was not achieved because of a lack of communication ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭TaurenDruid

OK, so you now have no issue with the health buses he lays on, as you said:

"That is a national scheme. It is not something that he is doing off his own bat. He might like the local yokels to think he is the one doing it and be eternally grateful to him for "giving" them something that is theirs by right anyway."

The issue you have is him "Bumping up" ?

As far as I know this "Bumping up" is a figment of the anti MHR mob.

What happens :

You feel that you mums waiting to long for her operation. You go to your TD (MHR) for help (its a national service), if he agrees its an unreasonable delay, he asks the Health minister/service if he is aware of the delays in this case.

Thats it. What often happens is the operation comes though, sometimes nothing happens and the delay continues.

The government definition of the role of a TD includes the following paragraph:

"As your local representative, a TD can ask questions in the Dáil or raise issues that are important to you or your local area. Most TDs have constituency clinics, where you can meet them and discuss issues that might then be raised in the Dáil or in PQs".

If you have a problem with this its down to your understanding of the role of a TD, or maybe you have experienced a TD who was not as helpful as MHR.

I can have more than one problem with the HRs...

"if he agrees its an unreasonable delay" HAHAHA. "No, Bridie, you're only waiting six months, sure the average wait is a year, I'll not do anything!" HAHAHA. Yeah, he doesn't do that. He puts in a PQ or makes his phonecalls for everyone.

And it is not the job of a TD to organise a bus service.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,108 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

I thought the prisoners dilemma refereed to a situation where the optimum outcome was not achieved because of a lack of communication ?

No, you need communication AND co-operation AND trust.

If you tell me that you will choose the one that can give the overall optimum then I can tell you that I will as well but I can be lying.

Or I can just refuse to co-operate with you and insist on the option that will be best for me regardless of your choice.

I cannot reach the best case scenario for me based on only my decisions. I need to depend on the other person's too. Given that, I will rationally choose the outcome that is best for me based on what I can control. We just both end up worse off than if we had coordinated and co-operated. But I am guaranteed to end up better off than if I had trusted the other person and they hadn't held up their end. And if they had held up their end, I'm kinda fucking them over by not holding up my end, but I then have the actual best outcome from a purely selfish perspective.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭lalababa

The HRs have been probably the best
    independent
    TDs for their constituents for a number of years. Getting them what their entitled to/arguing their cases with mitigating circumstances. I have 1st hand and 2nd experience of them working wonders when dealing with civil service. Kicking up a fuss in the departments and if needed in the Dail.
    However, given that they are independent and have Kerry more or less sown up. What is in it for the big parties to improve/keep status quo of services and investments in Kerry.
    Nothing... Afaik. If HRs are not in a government deal they are severley weakened. I think people are copping on to this. For instance both the Garda and ambulance services are poor in Kerry.
    The only saving grace for the future of the HRs is the shift away from the big two parties which will lead to more and more tri-party coalitions or/and almost national government s.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

lalababa wrote: »
    The HRs have been probably the best
    independent
    TDs for their constituents for a number of years. Getting them what their entitled to/arguing their cases with mitigating circumstances. I have 1st hand and 2nd experience of them working wonders when dealing with civil service. Kicking up a fuss in the departments and if needed in the Dail.
    However, given that they are independent and have Kerry more or less sown up. What is in it for the big parties to improve/keep status quo of services and investments in Kerry.
    Nothing... Afaik. If HRs are not in a government deal they are severley weakened. I think people are copping on to this. For instance both the Garda and ambulance services are poor in Kerry.
    The only saving grace for the future of the HRs is the shift away from the big two parties which will lead to more and more tri-party coalitions or/and almost national government s.

What companies are moving to Kerry? Which big US companies are putting offices down in Kerry?

The big company in Kerry is Fexco who have nothing to do with Healy Raes. They go on about the big gas bomb they wanted to be built in Kerry but that was a disgrace that anyone would consider that a good proposal

I asked at time of election what jobs they brought and it was stoney silence, would expect the same now. If the Kerry people are happy with such poor performance then let them off, let’s the rest of the country take their share....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    What companies are moving to Kerry? Which big US companies are putting offices down in Kerry?

The big company in Kerry is Fexco who have nothing to do with Healy Raes. They go on about the big gas bomb they wanted to be built in Kerry but that was a disgrace that anyone would consider that a good proposal

I asked at time of election what jobs they brought and it was stoney silence, would expect the same now. If the Kerry people are happy with such poor performance then let them off, let’s the rest of the country take their share....

Its weird, the place my misses works(In Clare) has 17 lads on her shift travelling from Kerry for work...I just find it absolutely bizarre 244km round trip daily (3.5hrs maybe)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,856 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

They obviously are, look at the amount of votes they get.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Advertisement

I can have more than one problem with the HRs...

"if he agrees its an unreasonable delay" HAHAHA. "No, Bridie, you're only waiting six months, sure the average wait is a year, I'll not do anything!" HAHAHA. Yeah, he doesn't do that. He puts in a PQ or makes his phonecalls for everyone.

And it is not the job of a TD to organise a bus service.

How do you know how it works ? I only know what I am saying by experience, what about you ?

Where does it say its not the TDs job, care to point me to the info so are so proud to quote ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,888 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

All politics is local.

That's something that Mehall and Leo learned at the last election when they barely scraped in on the 5th and 6th count.

Not this nonsense again, they did not 'barely scrape in', their seats were never ever in doubt, they were both comfortably elected

Not this nonsense again, they did not 'barely scrape in', their seats were never ever in doubt, they were both comfortably elected

They both got the biggest kick up in the hole that any politician ever got at a General Election in Ireland and their still not over it, so don't be trying to cod yourself with your comfortably elected.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

They both got the biggest kick up in the hole that any politician ever got at a General Election in Ireland and their still not over it, so don't be trying to cod yourself with your comfortably elected.

Such exaggeration. Definetely related to the Kerry bogmen

• Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭Bellview

I see Healy Rae took a misfortune to court for using awful bad language.. based on a Garda advice..will he name the Garda.. and Rae won ..Your man must have asked him how was the planning application going for a pub in tralee..

I have seen same man spit enough bad language when things not going his way .. so ironic that he got a man charged for the same

• Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

exactly. The queue for procedures should be based on medical need not who has the cutest hoor for a TD.

I''d be surprised if they have any impact. They just take credit for anything good that happens, and anything bad that happens is evidence for the need for a strong voice for Kerry in the Dáil

• Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

University Hospital Kerry also performs poorly in league tables, and the roads and rail are not good either.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭liosnagceann75

Bellview wrote: »
    I see Healy Rae took a misfortune to court for using awful bad language.. based on a Garda advice..will he name the Garda.. and Rae won ..Your man must have asked him how was the planning application going for a pub in tralee..

I have seen same man spit enough bad language when things not going his way .. so ironic that he got a man charged for the same

You can bet your bottom dollar Healy Rae was on the bus lane. Wouldn't have been the first time for him either.

When are we going to get the outcome of Gsocs investigation into election fraud in the last local elections?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,921 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

Saw MHR carrying on a not very flattering manner in Killarney years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭liosnagceann75

At last years All Ireland football final (drawn match) a guy sitting behind me threatened to put a bullet in my head. At half time he apologised for the threat which I didn't accept. It never occurred to me to contact a steward or guard and have him brought to court. Michael Healy Rae most certainly would have for the publicity alone

• Advertisement

At last years All Ireland football final (drawn match) a guy sitting behind me threatened to put a bullet in my head. At half time he apologised for the threat which I didn't accept. It never occurred to me to contact a steward or guard and have him brought to court. Michael Healy Rae most certainly would have for the publicity alone

You had 3 people who said that was never said, you had Healy Rae who said it was.

With no other evidence the judge ruled in favour of the Healy Rae. Just explains the current Irish legal system. A f**king shambles

Bellview wrote: »

Only goes to show how brittle the chancer is. You're a public representative, grow a skin. Sticks and stones. Looks a right eejit dragging a few words spoken in anger to the courts.

Only goes to show how brittle the chancer is. You're a public representative, grow a skin. Sticks and stones. Looks a right eejit dragging a few words spoken in anger to the courts.

Sitting in car
    Someone makes signal to wind down window
    Wind it down and they shout
    Wind back up window and drive on

^^^
    That is what normal person would do

We have to remember this is the person who has a couple of thugs as sons who beat up a tourist.

Like father like son

• Registered Users Posts: 11,767 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

heres the article https://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/man-threatened-to-shoot-td-michael-healy-rae-court-told-1012704.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter guy threatened to put a bullet in his head and was let off with a donation to a charity..... incredible

heres the article https://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/man-threatened-to-shoot-td-michael-healy-rae-court-told-1012704.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter guy threatened to put a bullet in his head and was let off with a donation to a charity..... incredible

His sons beat up a tourist over chips and got nothing but a suspended sentance. Not a penny to charity. Lied the entire time of the court case.

This was after loads of people picked them out, had CCTV evidence and the Judge told them they lied

It was one man v 3 people, no other witnesses and he got a bigger sentence than the Healy Raes. SO work that one out

Who could thrust the word of a Healy Rae? Judge should have fired it out the door

Saw MHR carrying on a not very flattering manner in Killarney years ago.

also witnessed in Tralee in front of a premises that he has failed to get planning in twice (from an bord pleanla).. never saw such a fit of temper and stamping of the footpath.. any 3 year old would be proud of the same display...

You had 3 people who said that was never said, you had Healy Rae who said it was.

With no other evidence the judge ruled in favour of the Healy Rae. Just explains the current Irish legal system. A f**king shambles

disgraceful & ironic as Jackie the boxer claiming the garda are leaking details on him when his fist went astray after hunting a lad down in Kenmare

judge appears to be a bit soft here ... but a judge is never wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 7,888 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Im not codding myself mate, unlike you i know how our electoral system works Martin's FPV dropped just over 300, while Varadkar's went up by a couple of hundered, so if thats a kick in the hole :rolleyes:

Im not codding myself mate, unlike you i know how our electoral system works Martin's FPV dropped just over 300, while Varadkar's went up by a couple of hundered, so if thats a kick in the hole :rolleyes:

You are codding no one only yourself bhoy.

If you knew so much about how the electoral system works you would realise that the metaphorical kick up the hole to the two of them was delivered by Donnchadh Ó Laoghaire who sailed through on the first count and increased his FPV by over 7,500 votes.

Can't see the wood for the trees?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Salvadoor

You are codding no one only yourself bhoy.

If you knew so much about how the electoral system works you would realise that the metaphorical kick up the hole to the two of them was delivered by Donnchadh Ó Laoghaire who sailed through on the first count and increased his FPV by over 7,500 votes.

Can't see the wood for the trees?

How about the 2 of ye fcuk off to the respective SF/IRA & FF & FG threads instead of polluting the Healy Rae thread

Advertisement