Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

EA UFC 3

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,904 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I'd say no chance they'll get Jimmy in now, depending how he does for the UFC, I'd say he'll be a lock for the next game. I still haven't seen confirmation of Faber and snoop Dogg are commentating the KO mode as I had read about ages ago, that would be a laugh.

Official info on career.

https://www.facebook.com/notes/ea-sports-ufc/goat-career-mode-eaufc-3/1556357274402123/

The gym Harrower's Hug Squad Jiu Jitsu is named after the lead Dev who got his blue belt while designing the ground game for UFC 2.

I love the way the gyms are setup. You can go from gym to gym but if you build up loyalty, you get access to the best training partners to learn their moves.

Pics of each gym so ye can start deciding who to go with. I think for me it will depend on who my training partners are at each gym, wouldn't mind seeing a whole roster instead of just one division.

My Basement (Free but no training partners)
    438579.PNG

FRC Legion
    438580.PNG

Harrower Hug Squad Jiu Jitsu
    438581.PNG

Carisi's Gym (Gym from Fight Night Champion)
    438582.PNG

Crossbreed MMA
    438583.PNG

Dutch Strike Team
    438584.PNG

Brasilia MMA
    438585.PNG

Maple Leaf MMA
    438586.PNG

Blackburn Kickboxing
    438587.PNG

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Frankie Saenz rocking the peoples eyebrow :D

LW and FW divisions are stacked but the most important bit is if you click Compare fighters, the GOAT Artem is listed there with stats. I would love if he was in the game, would be my go to guy for online fights. Strange he is listed at LW though.

Dev also confirmed Darren Till and Justin Gaethje are day 1 free DLC fighters.

https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/ufc/ufc-3/fighter-roster-ratings/mens-lightweight

https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/ufc/ufc-3/fighter-roster-ratings/mens-featherweight

Welterweights up. Gunni looks better than the last one and CM Punk y'all!!

In distressing news, Artem has been removed from the listings :(

https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/ufc/ufc-3/fighter-roster-ratings/mens-welterweight

https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/ufc/ufc-3/fighter-roster-ratings/mens-middleweight

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    In distressing news, Artem has been removed from the listings :(

I mean isn't it obvious? He is being removed as he is being added as unlockable content or DLC :p

• Advertisement

Axwell wrote: »
    I mean isn't it obvious? He is being removed as he is being added as unlockable content or DLC :p

Now that's DLC I'd pay for! Apparently someone is live streaming the game on YouTube, can't find it though. Says a lot of HW's are missing from the first game. Dev confirmed, said he felt sick when he saw the list of cut fighters. Think it has to do with juicing or fighting in a different org now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

Joking aside Im surprised Ishihara made the cut and Artem didn't. Both would have been equally well known I'd have thought.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Great info ZC. Do I have a choice when buying game different versions or single version? Hate all this **** with games with the content different on versions.

JoeyJJ wrote: »
    Great info ZC. Do I have a choice when buying game different versions or single version? Hate all this **** with games with the content different on versions.

Here are the differences between standard and championship edition. Basically champ edition of you're into ultimate team and want it 3 days early. If you are getting that and own UFC 2, go to the main menu of ufc 2 and there will be adds you can scroll through. One of them will take you to the store and get 10% off so you get it for 81 instead of 90 euro. The standard is 70 euro for a digital copy.

Smyths are selling the standard for 55 if you preorder it online and collect in store

https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-and-tablets/new-games-coming-soon/coming-soon-playstation-4/ufc-3-ps4/p/163615

Standard:
    oct30-preorderslatestandard-ufc3-1920x1080.jpg.adapt.crop16x9.1455w.jpg

Champion:
    oct30-preorderslatechampions-ufc3-1920x1080.jpg.adapt.crop16x9.1455w.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Cheers, haven't a clue what ultimate team is and don't have ufc2. Already prebooked on smyths so just go with that.

JoeyJJ wrote: »
    Cheers, haven't a clue what ultimate team is and don't have ufc2. Already prebooked on smyths so just go with that.

You create 5 fighters that make up your team, play single player or online, earn points to buy packs that will contain moves, stat boosts, etc. It was my most played mode in UFC 2 and never had to spend a penny on buying packs with real money. You should definitely give it a look when you get 3.

• Advertisement

Trophies leaked. I love the names. I'd say anyone interested in trophies can get the online ones boosting with people on here as they are fairly specific. Ultimate team belts are gonna take some time, just like the last game.

kOa0hcN.jpg

No roster reveal today but someone got the rest of the fighters from the live stream yesterday.

The big lads will be fun to use for KO's but I think the wimmins divisions will be more fun to play in. Gonna miss subbing hw champs with Mir.

HW:
    1. Stipe Miocic
    2. Francis Ngannou
    3. Mark Coleman
    4. Daniel Cormier
    5. Alexander Volkov
    6. Junior dos Santos
    7. Fabricio Werdum
    8. Mark Hunt
    9. Derrick Lewis
    10. Timothy Johnson
    11. Travis Browne
    12. Andrei Arlovski
    13. Oleksiy Oliynyk
    14. Stefan Struve
    15. Cain Velasquez
    16. Alistair Overeem
    17. Todd Duffee
    18. Ben Rothwell
    19. Ruslan Magomedov
    20. Nogueira

LHW:

1. Jan Błachowicz
    2. Antônio Rogério Nogueira
    3. Patrick Cummings
    4. Ilir Latifi
    5. Corey Anderson
    6. Misha Cirkunov
    7. Mauricio Rua
    8. OSP
    9. Jimy Manuwa
    10. Glover Teixeira
    11. Volkan Oezdemir
    12. Alexander Gustafsson
    13. DC
    14. Jon Jones
    15. CB Dollaway
    16. Gian Vilante
    17. Anthony Johnson
    18. Chuck Lidell
    19. Rampage Jackson

WBW:
    1. Amanda Nunes
    2. Cris Cyborg
    3. Ronda Rousey
    4. Miesha Tate
    5. Sara McMann
    6. Cat Zingano
    7. Germaine de Randamie
    8. Raquel Pennington
    9. Juliana Peña
    10. Holly Holm
    11. Leslie Smith
    12. Bethe Correia
    13. Marion Reneau
    14. Valentina Schevenko
    15. Ashlee Evans-Smith
    16. Liz Carmouche
    17. Alexis Davis
    18. Jessica Eye
    19. Lauren Murphy

WSW:
    1. Rose Namajunas
    2. Jessica Andrade
    3. Claudia Gadelha
    4. Joanna Jędrzejczyk
    5. Juliana Lima
    6. Kailin Curran
    7. Carla Esparza
    8. Jessica Penne
    9. Randa Markos
    10. Felice Herrig
    11. Joanne Calderwood
    12. Tecia Torres
    13. Alex Chambers
    14. Angela Hill
    15. Aleksandra Albu
    16. Maryna Moroz
    17. Jessica Aguilar
    18. Karolina Kowalkiewicz
    19. Alexa Grasso
    20. Cynthia Calvillo
    21. Paige VanZant
    22. Bec Rawlings

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

How early does your pre order have to be for early access? Can I buy the champ champ version on Thursday and get early access

D.Q wrote: »
    How early does your pre order have to be for early access? Can I buy the champ champ version on Thursday and get early access

Yupp, anyone at all up to the launch day of it, 29th.

Just release the game already, my body is ready..

Playing UFC 2 a bit the last few days having rarely played since the demo and I still keep using the wrong buttons to block and eating punches in the face. I have put a ridiculous amount of hours into UFC 2 Ultimate team just playing online and when I get bored making different styles of fighters and going through it again with them - cant wait to get stuck in to the new one, just wish they didnt have real fighters in there and left it at created ones only.

• Advertisement

Yeah at first I thought the pro's could be an okay edition but they're really not. I hated coming up against them in the beta and not just because of their better starting stays than a cafe but I just like seeing people's different creations. Then the pros have random stats so it's basically like an overpowered caf with a pro skin I know other sports games have you collecting real players but you just can't do that with a UFC game.

Unless of course Artem makes it in, he'd be the first Pro I'd look for and have no problem building him into the true GOAT.

Ronda with one of of the lowest striking stats on the roster. Fair play EA :)

https://twitter.com/EASPORTSUFC/status/954820853149024257

All the changes from the beta to the launch game, some great stuff here. Iminari roll was super nerfed, superman elbow added as requested by Angela hill who mo capped it, Nate throws up the Westside sign instead of the rock sign when he does his signature triangle.

Cafs can use fighters signature movements and features. Your guy/gal can have the Diaz triangle of you pick the Diaz posture. Not sure exactly how that works though.

Ton of really meaningful additions to make the game even better than the beta, can't wait to play it.

Expect lots of information this week as the Xbox ea trial is live on Thursday.

https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/ufc/ufc-3/news/ufc-3-beta-updates

For anyone interested, Might Mouse is at EA livestreaming the game at 9pm GMT. He will be playing with lead gameplay dev Geoff to show off the mechanics and then with Bassi (in charge of career) to show off career mode. Will be worth watching for the gameplay part, don't want to see the career bit.

https://twitter.com/GeoffHarrower/status/955869236462628864

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

For anyone interested, Might Mouse is at EA livestreaming the game at 9pm GMT. He will be playing with lead gameplay dev Geoff to show off the mechanics and then with Bassi (in charge of career) to show off career mode. Will be worth watching for the gameplay part, don't want to see the career bit.

https://twitter.com/GeoffHarrower/status/955869236462628864

How come no interest in the career mode? Is it to not spoil any storyline?

stephenl15 wrote: »
    How come no interest in the career mode? Is it to not spoil any storyline?

Yupp, can't wait to play it and already saw little things that I would have liked to experience myself.

One of my favourite additions. Hopefully it just looks slow because the guy is showing the prompt.

With that sub does the opponent have the chance still to counter your advances on the gates? Seems a bit risky to go down and go for the sub attempt when you already have them downed and just need to go land on them and rain in a few punches..or are they still pretty resilient and its just this example makes them look like a lifeless sack of potatoes?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Is there any way to find a text list of the list of fighters in the game? I hate that EA website

• Advertisement

Axwell, the rocked guy can deny the sub and it's an insta 1 gate sub, very little chance of escape, same as surviving GNP. It's risky but stylish as ****.

Dulux
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/brianmazique/2018/01/20/ea-ufc-3-roster-complete-list-of-all-fighters-in-every-weight-class/#6f558831ac3f

That article says Iaquinta has 98 Striking the highest in the game. I found that hard to believe, checked and it's actually 89 :D
    Al Iaquinta has the highest striking rating at 98. That doesn't make much sense to me as that honor should probably belong to Francis Ngannou.

Yeah when the roster was first revealed the website guys made an absolute balls of things. People had the wrong stats and some were in the wrong division. Artem was listed but no sign of him now.

Yeah when the roster was first revealed the website guys made an absolute balls of things. People had the wrong stats and some were in the wrong division. Artem was listed but no sign of him now.

Surely Artem has a high enough rep to be in the game :( Every second comment on anything MMA related is Artem GOAT :D

Surely Artem has a high enough rep to be in the game :( Every second comment on anything MMA related is Artem GOAT :D

Yeah hopefully he makes it as DLC. A ton of people would use him.

Axwell, the rocked guy can deny the sub and it's an insta 1 gate sub, very little chance of escape, same as surviving GNP. It's risky but stylish as ****.

I can see it being one of these things that you do once or twice and then get bored of as it takes that bit longer to finish the fight than just dropping a few bombs..although maybe if theres a trophy (which im sure there is) for getting a certain amount of subs that would be a nice handy way to get it.

I can see it being one of these things that you do once or twice and then get bored of as it takes that bit longer to finish the fight than just dropping a few bombs..although maybe if theres a trophy (which im sure there is) for getting a certain amount of subs that would be a nice handy way to get it.

One of the targets for for Career mode to become GOAT is submission wins so will come in handy there also

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Ordered the champ champ edition. Roll on next week

Anyone have the xbox early access? Think it's live at midnight.

• Advertisement

Ha love it..“If you reach..i teach”

Pity they put Snoop on the KO mode. I was kind of hoping on the early fights in career they would have went with Snoop and Faber until you get your contract, would have been cool.

Its a love/hate thing with these videos. I enjoy watching them but then I just want to play the game. Im still playing 2 just to get my fix but im just itching for the game at this stage.

Will be getting it at midnight when it drops and then off the next day to play it non stop!

Chris Smoove is one of the only youtubers I can stand, he makes me but NBA 2k ever year (except this year) and he has just come out with sayings over the years. You reach I teach is when when someone tries to steal in bbal, seems like he had a use for his sayings in every game. MMA isn't his strong point but still a good watch.

Just watched the first fight, don't want to spoil anymore. A lot of feedback so far from people wishing WFA was deeper instead of just came stepping stone to UFC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,839 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Wow, Chris Smoove still going strong? Got into him big time when he was doing COD MW2!!!

Chris Smoove is one of the only youtubers I can stand, he makes me but NBA 2k ever year (except this year) and he has just come out with sayings over the years. You reach I teach is when when someone tries to steal in bbal, seems like he had a use for his sayings in every game. MMA isn't his strong point but still a good watch.

Just watched the first fight, don't want to spoil anymore. A lot of feedback so far from people wishing WFA was deeper instead of just came stepping stone to UFC.

I would've thought, if you didn't like Youtubers in general that Chris Smoove wouldn't be your cup of tea :P I like him though. Martial Mind and Ricky J Sports I watch for UFC

Something genuine about Smoove, he's not clickbaity shouty shouty and he didn't lick devs holes, calls them out when needed :)

I saw this on twitter, top 10 ultimate team leaderboard. This guy got to level 60 with his 10 hour trial. All jiu-jitsu guys on his team as well, I'd say he was spamming subs like a mad man.

https://twitter.com/Eskained/status/956501125716430850

• Advertisement

Something genuine about Smoove, he's not clickbaity shouty shouty and he didn't lick devs holes, calls them out when needed :)

I saw this on twitter, top 10 ultimate team leaderboard. This guy got to level 60 with his 10 hour trial. All jiu-jitsu guys on his team as well, I'd say he was spamming subs like a mad man.

https://twitter.com/Eskained/status/956501125716430850

That's UFC 2 not 3 :P

That's UFC 2 not 3 :P

Ah thank ****!! No way you could be competing with that :pac:

2 of the biggest gameplay complaints look to have been addressed.

Reading online how little cannot escape subs at all. In career of the AI attempted a sub, it was game over.

Also, people saying they were ground specialists in UFC 2 but keeping it standing in this because the transitions seem impossible to block/reverse. Because of both things, people were avoiding the ground game. Fix below is live so interested in hearing the feedback.

https://twitter.com/GeoffHarrower/status/957043889596129280

Also seeing complaints about the KO's. Since finish the fight was toned down, the camera seems to snap to the person knocked before you even know they are out and quicker to the celebration. I've seen some videos and it does look a bit jarring. This is a great job though.

https://twitter.com/MMAFRoO/status/956634349750898689

Dev explaining the reasons of the update.

Grapple stamina:
    Previously, you lost practically no long term stamina if you spent a whole round grappling compared to a whole round striking.

This broke the between round stamina regen meta.

If you spend any significant amount of time on the ground, you'd end up with way too much stamina at the end of the fight.

It was really obvious to me during the DJ stream when they fought a HW fight and ended the fight at full stamina.

The goal of this change is to make a full ground of active grappling drain a similar amount of long term stamina as a full round of active striking.

Submission gate speed
    there was a legit problem. They were impossible to escape from without the attacker making a mistake in stamina scenarios that we didn't want to be a guaranteed success.

The way Cruz just falls to the ground in that looks amazing when you watch it closely.

Cant wait for this. Anyone know will the download only start at midnight or does it download in the background and just unlock at midnight to play.

Dont have great broadband at the minute so if it only starts at midnight ill be playing it the next morning.

• Advertisement
Advertisement