Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dr Eva's Great Escape

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

I looked up the place on Instagram.... Still not finished!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭adne

Wonder how much RTE paid her for this self publicity...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Absolutely crazy that they didn't get the place checked out before buying. That said, I know of at least two people who bought properties here in Ireland, half a million each, because they looked nice. Those wild Celtic Tiger days!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,065 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Turned it on there by accident. Why would you bring yer man Diarmud over, when there are plenty of gardeners or horticultural people where they are. But much for me, she's a bit painful to listen to. I'm out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,237 ✭✭✭joeysoap

The previous owners saw her coming. There’s a reason why they jacked it in, she and all involved should have asked why.

She was asked on radio the other day how much will she be charging. Vague answer given. Question repeated, in Switzerland you could be charged €10,000 a week for this was the reply before saying there would be a minimum 5 night stay at around €300 a night.

For wraps and spaghetti. I know someone who is not going.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

@joeysoap, that's my reaction, they probably couldn't believe their luck when they off loaded that place to Dr. Eva. I feel sorry for her husband, really trying his best, but just one thing after another. I wonder how the clients of her Irish clinics feel about indirectly paying for this. I thought she was a very smart lady, but it seems strange she didn't check it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Are they still together after it? I saw a tiny clip of her lying in hospital on the phone to him in Portugal... he didn't seem too concerned for her :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭Storm 10

mloc123 wrote: »
    Are they still together after it? I saw a tiny clip of her lying in hospital on the phone to him in Portugal... he didn't seem too concerned for her :pac:

Yeah they are she went back to Portugal shortly after the hospital visit.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,448 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

What a plan, fix the garden when the actual hotel needs the work.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,712 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

Renovation was originally going to cost 500,000 but now will be 4 times the amount!!!! Whoa

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 247 ✭✭car_radio19834

Must be great to want to buy a hotel and then just get RTE to chip in with helping buy it.

Must be great to want to buy a hotel and then just get RTE to chip in with helping buy it.

I doubt RTE are chipping in to buy it?? :eek:

M

The hotel better open at the end of this show.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 247 ✭✭car_radio19834

I doubt RTE are chipping in to buy it?? :eek:

She ain't having a show about her for free.

She ain't having a show about her for free.

Do you think she is paying to have the show made about her to give her publicity?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Renovation was originally going to cost 500,000 but now will be 4 times the amount!!!! Whoa

Theyve lost the plot, how could they have got their figures so completely wrong. Not seeing how they are going to repay that loan

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Theyve lost the plot, how could they have got their figures so completely wrong. Not seeing how they are going to repay that loan

Exactly. If their business plan was originally based on 500,000 with a payback of say over 20 years - how are they now going to payback over 4 time the amount.

Exactly. If their business plan was originally based on 500,000 with a payback of say over 20 years - how are they now going to payback over 4 time the amount.

Its frightening what they have done. Plus Eva seems to think she will have a regular battalion of Irish heading out to stay there to get shouted at to lose weight off the back of her tv 'fame', best of luck with that :rolleyes:

What's the name of the hotel and the instagram?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Even over 20 years.. what age is she, almost 60?

• Advertisement

This show has been truly ridiculous, now we have Eva cooking in the kitchen and hosting a party while the hotel wont even be finished by the end, what a farce.

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭DelaneyIn

What's the name of the hotel and the instagram?

https://www.instagram.com/solaralvura/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,880 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Its frightening what they have done. Plus Eva seems to think she will have a regular battalion of Irish heading out to stay there to get shouted at to lose weight off the back of her tv 'fame', best of luck with that :rolleyes:

This is a free advertisement for her business. RTE are faciliatating that.

I'll bet she will get loads of Irish fatties out there. There's certainly a market for it considering overweight people are in the majority here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Naggdefy

She's insufferable. Just tuned in. Complaining about the lady with the flu.. 'i work except I'm dead'.

It's not exactly shouting luxury is it?!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,315 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

Naggdefy wrote: »
    She's insufferable. Just tuned in. Complaining about the lady with the flu.. 'i work except I'm dead'.

or when im throwing a party and im too tired (drama queen)

M

Bit of a diva.

ah here now she does a vanishing act for her own party !

M

Ffs, a complete failure of a show, why didn't they hold off airing it until they had captured it actually opening?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,730 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

It should have finished with: to be continued...

Advertisement