Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dr Eva's Great Escape

Options
  • 19-01-2020 10:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 81,339 ✭✭✭✭
    M

Anyone watching this now, basically she's sold up her house in Ireland and has moved to a derelict hotel in Portugal she is fixing up.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Second chance for their marriage...

Nothing fixes the cracks in a marriage like piling the stress of move house.. and country to fix up an abandoned hotel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭kerryjack

Ya would love to do something mad like that myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

It's very slow moving

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭Azatadine

She's doing plenty of griping about Ireland considering she appears to have made a plenty good living here..

• Registered Users Posts: 81,339 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Ffs, I was going to joke that maybe Diarmuid Gavin would do her flower bed but looking at next weeks preview he actually does make an appearance...
    Landscape gardener Diarmuid Gavin arrives, while Eva returns home to finalise the sale of the house and meets up with a local interior decorator.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,308 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

Azatadine wrote: »
    She's doing plenty of griping about Ireland considering she appears to have made a plenty good living here..

been a blow in myself you tend to go through that phase, amazing how many people go through that. some never get over it, and remain ungrateful.

M

Wonder what market she plans to target, will it be Irish and UK customers or from everywhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭harr

Another renovation program showing everything but a renovation .. two slow a pace and I am bored.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭MelachiT

This is quite painful to watch...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Azatadine wrote: »

I find her unlikeable

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭LennieB

Definitely not worth prime time Sunday night viewing spot, bit all over the place, wish they would just get on with story of renovation.

M

45 minutes in and not a single actual construction task seems to have been done.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,880 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

I find her unlikeable

So do I. Yet she's been given a vehicle to showcase her 'talents' , several in fact, on RTE. One wonders why? It's certainly not her charisma.

M

What was the point in tackling the garden when the actual hotel itself is not near ready?

So do I. Yet she's been given a vehicle to showcase her 'talents' , several in fact, on RTE. One wonders why? It's certainly not her charisma.

I'm beginning to feel sorry for her husband.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Fireball81

She's a pain in the hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,129 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

I've never heard anyone scratching their nails off a blackboard but I'd imagine it'd be more enjoyable than this.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭patob

The surveyor was not up to much, did I hear no foundations?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭harr

Do people who have money not do any Financial plans or outlays on projects like this or do they not do property surveys?
    That’s a money pit and always will be ... one or two lads on site putting up an odd block or two.
    Now discussing the interiors in a derelict building.
    I would say she is a hard one to live with ..

M

Money is tight so they fly in Diarmuid Gavin to look after the garden, ok, that makes sense :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Fireball81 wrote: »
    She's a pain in the hole.

Her husband must have patience of a saint or maybe has cotton wool in his ears 24/7.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,880 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

Money is tight so they fly in Diarmuid Gavin to look after the garden, ok, that makes sense :rolleyes:

It's just advertising for Diamuid. I'd imagine that's how this works. All of these shows are just ads, punctuated with more ads.
    I'd be shocked if he was getting a fee, then again it's RTE.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭dhaughton99

Correction: the Irish tax payer flys Diarmuid Gavin out.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,143 ✭✭✭✭Water John

If she's moving to Portugal, that's great news.

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭milehip

I feel sorry for all belonging to her,and I have no idea who the hell she's supposed to be
    apart from a gigantic pain in the hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,285 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Anyone watching this now, basically she's sold up her house in Ireland and has moved to a derelict hotel in Portugal she is fixing up.

Has Ireland finally got rid of her :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Am I the only one watching tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭adne

honeybear wrote: »

She's some dose of shytes

• Registered Users Posts: 28,858 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

honeybear wrote: »

Forgot about it, but.....

adne wrote: »
    She's some dose of shytes

....this. Have set +1 to record, but not sure I can stomach it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭kerryjack

Its not great to be honest

Advertisement