Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Duke of York BBC Interview

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

No wonder Meghan Markle wont be having xmas dinner with the rest of the Royals

• Registered Users Posts: 17,989 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

It's fascinating viewing, but I wonder who thought this interview was a good idea.

The royals should be looking for a new public relations firm first thing Monday morning.

If he was a skillful liar, he might be able to pull such an interview off but he's probably not very bright

I thought he saying that he didn't regret the friendship with Epstein was terrible (like he didn't give a toss about the girls).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

None of the Royal men are mental giants.

So none of this surprises me.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,865 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

statesaver wrote: »
    Is that true?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Thargor wrote: »
    Is that true?

Yes. They are taking a break for a little stress relief.

2 years left in that marriage tops.

• Advertisement

Thargor wrote: »
    Is that true?

Apparently so, yes....reported on Thursday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭Icsics

paw patrol wrote: »
    I laughed at the clip where he said he mistakenly stayed with Epstein after the conviction cos he "had a tendency to be too honourable" .

you couldn't make that sh1t up

Basic interview trick of turning a negative into a positive. He was well coached. I found the interviewers 2 button jacket very distracting!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭Salary Negotiator

I wouldn’t trust him around my child so can’t say I blame Meghan.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,474 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Jesus H Christ!

Did he really just equate this shítstorm with being a mental health issue for him?

Between that and running a programme for 7-14 yr olds...

He's not coming off too well is h
    :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

She’s not having Christmas with them because her and Harry are more or less Edward and Mrs Simpson due to their toe curling hypocrisy over climate change and her not understanding or accepting her position in the family.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

He could be as prolific as Jimmy Saville. Vermin

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

It's on now on BBC

"A straightforward shooting weekend" - hmm, how the other half live! :D

Feic sake I’ve missed it and don’t think bbc2 have a plus one.... don’t see repeat advertised on epg yet... if anyone know when it’s repeated can you let me know please?

I think he’s a complete perverted liar by the way. As someone else says in thread no wonder Megan Markle isn’t having Christmas with the royals.. Megan might be the most genuine of them all after all

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Disaster of an interview. Wonder how the UK media will react to it.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

Well done Emily : had he been testifying in court, he would have been toast

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

"acted in a manner unbecoming."

".... He was a sex offender"

Christ that was a doozy.

My god, his last few minutes of the interview are very painful to watch.

Nothing to do with Virginia allegations- he just doesn't have any empathy for the suffering that Epstein's victims have gone through - that's what will be the biggest criticism of this interview.

He's a spoilt, cosseted, wealthy snob who has a simple little mind that revolves around his own precious world.

He's certainly guilty of ignorance.

Strazdas wrote: »
    Well done Emily : had he been testifying in court, he would have been toast
    Agree.

Although could you image Jeremy Paxman doing the interview.

"acted in a manner unbecoming."

".... He was a sex offender"

Christ that was a doozy.

"On balance" etc....

What he should have said was "I regret ever meeting that vile creep and spending even five seconds in his company".

Agree.

Although could you image Jeremy Paxman doing the interview.

Emily did a great job nonetheless, allowed him to incriminate himself with nearly every answer

• Advertisement

Lisha wrote: »
    I think he’s a complete perverted liar by the way. As someone else says in thread no wonder Megan Markle isn’t having Christmas with the royals.. Megan might be the most genuine of them all after all

Why?

curious, hence asking-

I didn't get he was lying about Virginia tonight, unless he's in total denial and is now believing his own lies, but I just didn't get he was lying from the interview.

I know people will disagree with me but i'm not really into trial by media anyway regardless of who it is- he is completely self-centered and lacking any degree of what is ethically right and wrong - that i did get from the interview this evening, before people completely stone me to death:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 322 ✭✭SJW Lover

Hope this increases the heat on the evil Clintons. Ghislaine Maxwell was Epstein's procurer. A well known fact. David Baddiel has said this openly on twitter tonight. And Ghislaine was front and centre at Chelsea Clinton's wedding. Bill Clinton on that pedo island circa 27 times. And what was going on 3 years ago when ABC sat on the Epstein story as in the video produced last week? Oh yes, that's right, Hillary Clinton was in a presidential race.

I hope tonight and the above facts go some way to helping people understand me when i say that the world is a dark place. And people generally eulogised are actually evil scum.

I'd nearly not be surprised if there is a huge terrorist attack somewhere in the next 48 hours to take the attention from tonight's car crash. The powers that be are that evil, contrary to popular belief.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭LoughNeagh2017

You would never hear of a royal virgin would you? Even the cripple in the Vikings TV show had sex with pretty blonde girl. I think women are attracted to status.

Maybe that is how I came into existence, my Gaelic royal ancestors and the girls attracted to their status. I bet the Ui Neill had a lot of women when they over took the Airgialla in mid Ulster

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Was it just me or did he laugh after they mentioned Epstein's suicide?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭maebee

Duke of wherever, Duchess of wherever, Prince and Princess of wherever. Ridiculous. Cop on UK and ditch your free-loaders.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,344 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Seemed to me that he was lying through his enormous teeth.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,009 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I've not seen the interview.
    Is the alleged incident meant to have happened before or after he was married?

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭dd973

maebee wrote: »
    Duke of wherever, Duchess of wherever, Prince and Princess of wherever. Ridiculous. Cop on UK and ditch your free-loaders.

Live over here and believe me there's millions who couldn't countenance or even imagine this, it's a sort of national stockholm syndrome that's very entrenched in the English psyche as opposed to the UK one, I don't think the Scots or Welsh as much.

If you told people here their real name was Saxe Coburg Gotha and they're basically Germans, you'd meet people who'd think you were pulling their leg.

Well after it......2001

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭Notdeco

After, but why does that matter. He got the name randy Andy before being married for a reason from the press.

He was always a slime ball. And now we see his toe sucking ex standing up for him in the last few months. Yea nothing to see behind the scenes at all..

Advertisement