Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FC Barcelona Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Wow cracking goal, it's Sandro Ramirez, the always impressive young player from the Masia.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,282 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Second half has fizzled out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

That Masip feller...

Admittedly it wasn't his best night. On the bright side though Ter Stegen was fantastic, and to get a draw against a full strength Chelsea squad while missing Messi, Neymar, Mascherano, Alves, Bravo and only playing the likes of Iniesta, Pique, Rafinha, Pedro for a third of the game is pretty damn impressive in my books.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

In Barcelona the weekend of the real sociedad game in November. Anyone any idea when I can get tickets on the Barcelona website.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Admittedly it wasn't his best night. On the bright side though Ter Stegen was fantastic, and to get a draw against a full strength Chelsea squad while missing Messi, Neymar, Mascherano, Alves, Bravo and only playing the likes of Iniesta, Pique, Rafinha, Pedro for a third of the game is pretty damn impressive in my books.
    Full strength Chelsea? Your joking right?

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Full strength Chelsea? Your joking right?

Starting team was the first 11 sans Terry (with Zouma in for him) and Kenendy in for Willian. Second half starting team had Ramires in for Oscar, moving Fabregas further forward and Willian on for Kenedy so probably even closer to a starting team for Mourinho in a big game. My point was though that Chelsea have a full strength squad on this tour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,524 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

In Barcelona the weekend of the real sociedad game in November. Anyone any idea when I can get tickets on the Barcelona website.

To go with this, I'm in Barcelona for the first home game of the season vs Malaga, tickets are available on the site but are strewn all over the stadium, herself want to come as well even though she has no interest in football, whats the chances of getting tickets on the day outside? Or should I bite the bullet and order them now? Cheapest seats in the nosebleeds are €53...

So we're selling one of our best and brightest prospects to come through La Masia in quite some time (Adama Traore) to Liverpool for a meager fee and in return we are buying unknown quantity, Gerson, for €16 million. Welcome to Bartomeu's Barcelona, this is what you voted for.

So we're selling one of our best and brightest prospects to come through La Masia in quite some time (Adama Traore) to Liverpool for a meager fee and in return we are buying unknown quantity, Gerson, for €16 million. Welcome to Bartomeu's Barcelona, this is what you voted for.

Well the good news is that there is a good chance that Mr Bartomeu will be heading to jail along with his sidekick Rosell

According to Marca, a reform of the country’s penal code, which came into force in June , exempts companies from criminal liability when the alleged crimes are committed by their administrators, directors, managers and/or employees.

Consequently, this would see Barca spared from any punishment, with former President Sandro Rosell and incumbent Josep Maria Bartomeu shouldering the burden instead.

The three parties were charged with alleged tax fraud, amounting to an estimated €9.1m, several months ago, but the case will now be heard in a Barcelona court, as opposed to a National Court.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

As a Liverpool fan I have to ask, is Traore really worth €15m? or did we just get burned paying the guts of £10m for a player with 1 senior appearance?

Well the good news is that there is a good chance that Mr Bartomeu will be heading to jail along with his sidekick Rosell

According to Marca, a reform of the country’s penal code, which came into force in June , exempts companies from criminal liability when the alleged crimes are committed by their administrators, directors, managers and/or employees.

Consequently, this would see Barca spared from any punishment, with former President Sandro Rosell and incumbent Josep Maria Bartomeu shouldering the burden instead.

The three parties were charged with alleged tax fraud, amounting to an estimated €9.1m, several months ago, but the case will now be heard in a Barcelona court, as opposed to a National Court.

I'd get excited but I absolutely wont believe it until I see it. It's quite sad that any Barcelona fan should have to say that they would be excited to see their elected president thrown in jail but that's how things have gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Is this traore chap any use? Liverpool fan here..only heard of him from soccer manager.com game lol

As a Liverpool fan I have to ask, is Traore really worth €15m? or did we just get burned paying the guts of £10m for a player with 1 senior appearance?

Is Traore really worth €15 million? No, he's worth a lot more. At a time where Sterling costs £50 million, Adama Traore is worth far more than €15 million. There's very little to justify that, afterall Traore only has barely played for the first team, he's relatively unknown outside of Barcelona. Those who have seen him play though know it to be true, the kid is quite the force, a spectacular prospect who can become a spectacular player. For a lot of people he is the best attacker at the Masia, for some he is one of the best young attackers in world football.
    Barcelona will include a buy back option in the deal, that's obviously important, but even so it's crazy that the club are letting him leave.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Is Traore really worth €15 million? No, he's worth a lot more. At a time where Sterling costs £50 million, Adama Traore is worth far more than €15 million. There's very little to justify that, afterall Traore only has barely played for the first team, he's relatively unknown outside of Barcelona. Those who have seen him play though know it to be true, the kid is quite the force, a spectacular prospect who can become a spectacular player. For a lot of people he is the best attacker at the Masia, for some he is one of the best young attackers in world football.
    Barcelona will include a buy back option in the deal, that's obviously important, but even so it's crazy that the club are letting him leave.

Is this the truth or just one of your way over the top barca are kissing rants? (Which I love and agree with often btw lol)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

I take that as a yes. I heard La Masia mentioned so it must be true

MarkY91 wrote: »
    Is this the truth or just one of your way over the top barca are kissing rants? (Which I love and agree with often btw lol)

I couldn't say enough good things about him. Along with Samper, he was my top pick to break into the starting 11 within the next few years. That's not something that happens easily. He's a far better bet than many that have gone before him like Delofeu, Munir, Sandro (who I actually really like) ect. His physicality means he has a good shot of being a hit in England, he's a real winger with explosive pace and fantastic skill, he's also confident in front of goal. I've said it on this forum before, he's a "cant-miss" prospect.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

I'd rate him highly, ahead of Munir, but I liked Tello and Jeffren too...

dfx- wrote: »
    I'd rate him highly, ahead of Munir, but I liked Tello and Jeffren too...

Ah now tbf he's way ahead of Tello and Jeffren. He's probably got even more pace than Tello but also, crucially, seems to be in possession of a brain.

• Advertisement

MarkY91 wrote: »
    Is this traore chap any use? Liverpool fan here..only heard of him from soccer manager.com game lol

Nice plug for our game worlds bud

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,905 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Traore off to Stoke is now the latest.

From bad to worse, how are we losing our best young attacking player to Stoke or Villa?

In good news, congratulations to Mascherano, the 4th captain in the squad, he beat Pedro and Pique in a vote, he joins Iniesta, Messi and Busquets as the captains of the team.

Messi and Neymar are back and they've scored a goal each, both brilliant, in the Gamper trophy vs Roma.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Messi and Neymar are back and they've scored a goal each, both brilliant, in the Gamper trophy vs Roma.

And Sky still have La Liga rights for the next 3 years.

Won't miss any La Liga now. :)

And Sky still have La Liga rights for the next 3 years.

Won't miss any La Liga now. :)

A great day all round. You wouldn't want to miss a minute of it with the kind of stuff the Barcelona front 3 are playing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,591 ✭✭✭brevity

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

brevity wrote: »

What happened there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,591 ✭✭✭brevity

What happened there?

Not entirely sure. Only following on Twitter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Wonder if that's anything to do with his Argentina pressure gauge?

I say this with absolutely no doubt; there is nothing better in football than watching Messi, Neymar and Suarez link up.

• Advertisement

What about Messi, Iniesta, Xavi and Busquets when their team was at their peak?

Christ some of those plays could have been painted on a tapestry. They were that good.

Turtwig wrote: »

Christ some of those plays could have been painted on a tapestry. They were that good.

That's a very good point. Certainly both sets are different but they are both absolute breathtaking.

The Camp Nou rises to salute Pedro. The Camp Nou rises to salute a thunderbolt of a strike from Rakitic to make it 3-0. Fantastic performance.

An exhibition of football from the Blaugrana in their home tournament. There is no doubting who the standard bearers at the very top of the game are, all others must aspire to match them. Barcelona are back, football is back.

C'mon Sevilla.

Last team to deny Barca a super cup too :p

Any sources in barca saying anything about Pedro too United lads?

Any sources in barca saying anything about Pedro too United lads?

Apparently Barcelona wanted to keep him at the club for the game tonight. After that it's more than likely he is on his way to Man Utd assuming they pay the buyout clause. He got a fantastic reception from the crowd tonight, a "Pedro" chant rang around the stadium several times.

What's his best position? Left or right of a front 3? As a #9 cf or as a #10 in the hole?

Pedro is a winger. Good with both feet. A very disciplined and intelligent one. He'll follow instructions to the letter. LVG needs to utilise him, not the other way around.

Pep's most potent role for him playing off the shoulder of the defender and keeping his width making runs to selflessly create space for others. His one touch passing ain't bad either. Key point is Pedro needs a dynamic system. If man Utd don't play it he'll look an incredible flop.

What's his best position? Left or right of a front 3? As a #9 cf or as a #10 in the hole?

I would say left of a front three where he can cut in on his right, though he has often played from the right too (most prominently during the days of the Villa-Messi-Pedro forward line). He's been utilized the odd time as a number 9 (and a false 9) both for club and country but the results were mixed at best. I can't say I remember him playing as a proper number 10, though a couple times last season in games he did play in the midfield 3, he even had a go as a right back and didn't look too shabby at all though I suspect not many clubs will use the right back position quite like Barcelona do.
    Great attitude, tonnes of endeavor, boundless energy, he can also get goals (that is backed up by his record at international level and he's chipped in with quite a few for Barcelona too) and he can take on a player. Personally I think he's a better fit for Van Gaal's Man Utd than Di Maria was and, imo, he should make a good impact in the Premier League.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zY3HEajlmi4&t=13m47s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9g3yDlbD0EI

:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Traore signs for Villa? Aston bloody Villa on a 5 year deal.

gimmick wrote: »

That's what we do now apparently, we sell our best academy prospects. Anyway this deal isn't as awful as first feared (though it's still pretty bad). €10 million, €2 million in add ons, a 5 year contract that includes a buy back clause that is valid for 3 years and also includes first option on the player too.
    I'd have much preferred him spending a year on loan with a team in La Liga (there would have been no shortage in takers) or for him to just become a permanent member of the first team squad now but alas it wasn't to be.

He's not good enough to make the first team. Giving Barca's relegation to 3rd division he had to move.

He's not good enough to make the first team. Giving Barca's relegation to 3rd division he had to move.

I'd say with Pedro moving on there would have been a decent amount of gametime for him in the squad. I think he's a better bet than Munir or Sandro.

Unfortunately we are going to see more and more of this nonsense happening due to the humongous tv money that the English teams get.
    Its all about the money now .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Whatever about the money in the EPL, I was hoping if he did leave he might sign for someone good. Villa are not that.

Lads the Barcelona game tonight vs Athletic Bilbao, is it on Sky Sports 5 or is it behind the red button cos it isn't listed yet Barcelona's Facebook say it's on Sky Sports 5.

SS5 showing on my listings anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Whatever about the money in the EPL, I was hoping if he did leave he might sign for someone good. Villa are not that.

Don't give out about Villa, give out about Barca clearing out their academy.

• Advertisement

Sky have changed their listings. Red button Now.
    (Rain delays in tennis)

Advertisement