Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

St. Marnocks Bay - Dun Si

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 NewHouse2021

bilbot79 wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure the brochure for the recently launched phase has exact floor measurements. Possibly the previous brochure has it too?

Thanks but unfortunately not! Just has the house size, but no breakdown per room.

I see construction has started up again this week, so getting closer once again to a move in date!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭bilbot79

Thanks but unfortunately not! Just has the house size, but no breakdown per room.

I see construction has started up again this week, so getting closer once again to a move in date!

See breakdown attached

• Registered Users Posts: 37 P0rtmarn0ckRes

Hi all! Just wondering if anyone who is buying in the 3 bed phase of Skylark has heard anything from the developer/estate agent on revised timings? We were told May/June of this year, but of course because of lockdown there will be a delay. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭sparkle109

Hi I was told Q4 for the initial launch, with majority around October and could possibly change over summer depending how site are getting on once they’ve been back for a while
    Hi all! Just wondering if anyone who is buying in the 3 bed phase of Skylark has heard anything from the developer/estate agent on revised timings? We were told May/June of this year, but of course because of lockdown there will be a delay. Thanks

sparkle109 wrote: »
    Hi I was told Q4 for the initial launch, with majority around October and could possibly change over summer depending how site are getting on once they’ve been back for a while

I was told q4 for the 4 beds just gone there. Seems s bit ambitious now I guess?

• Advertisement

Looking like Q1 2022 now. Darn Covid has made this a long lead time

• Registered Users Posts: 13 boylano21

Looking like Q1 2022 now. Darn Covid has made this a long lead time

Hi Bilbot79, I was recently contacted by Savills to say that developers believe the completion date for phase 1 in Skylark will be Q4 2021. Have you heard otherwise or do you just feel there will be further delays?

boylano21 wrote: »
    Hi Bilbot79, I was recently contacted by Savills to say that developers believe the completion date for phase 1 in Skylark will be Q4 2021. Have you heard otherwise or do you just feel there will be further delays?

No i think you should be grand for phase 1

Sorry to hear that bilbot79. I've seen some pictures of the site, and it looks like they're making good progress on phase 1, so I'm feeling more optimistic now than I was a few weeks ago. Looking forward to hearing more from them soon on a more definitive date than 'Q4'.

Sorry to hear that bilbot79. I've seen some pictures of the site, and it looks like they're making good progress on phase 1, so I'm feeling more optimistic now than I was a few weeks ago. Looking forward to hearing more from them soon on a more definitive date than 'Q4'.

Based on previous threads I always thought Q4 was ambitious for phase II but had hoped for a miracle getting me in for the Toy Show! I think definitely Q1 2022 or later for me now

• Advertisement

Based on previous threads I always thought Q4 was ambitious for phase II but had hoped for a miracle getting me in for the Toy Show! I think definitely Q1 2022 or later for me now

The Toy Show is the only marker in time that's important!

The Toy Show is the only marker in time that's important!

What other reason would you buy an A2 rated new build in fab location close to the airport, beach and town if not to watch the Toy Show in it !

Does anyone know if there is a neighbourhood Facebook/WhatsApp group for the estate?

Has anyone actually managed to get the floor sizes for the Petrel houses? I find it absolutely crazy that they can’t seem to give us the floor measurements for a house we have bought.

I'm not sure about the petrel floor sizes. They are there for the 4 beds so not sure why you wouldnt have it for the 3 beds. Maybe call Savills?

I think there is a Facebook group called St Marnocks Bay or something like that

• Registered Users Posts: 42 cunnerz21

Does anyone know what broadband options are available? Is there fibre directly to the house? I think I saw that it was wired Virgin somewhere but are other providers also available (Sky etc.)?

Can anyone speak to the quality/speed of broadband connection?

Does anyone know if building is on schedule, ahead, or behind for that matter?

Does anyone know if building is on schedule, ahead, or behind for that matter?

I checked in again today and have been told Q4 (again…) but that it may be closer to the start of Q4 depending on your house number. They’ll be able to confirm a more accurate date once they’ve had an update from the builders.

The houses on the left hand side (if you’re standing at the top of the road looking down Skylark Park Gate) are starting to be rendered on the outside, and the houses on the right are making good progress with the outside brick work, so things seem to be moving well.

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭Tazium

Couple of days old and progress has already moved beyond what's shown here.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=117540089&postcount=25

chinguetti wrote: »
    Bills - Can't answer that until we figure out how to work it

Hi Chinguetti. Mind if I resurrect this question now you're a while in the place?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭chinguetti

Hi Chinguetti. Mind if I resurrect this question now you're a while in the place?

Hard to say as the energy prices have gone up and still going up over the last 6 months but it is cheaper than where we were.

However, I don't think anyone know how to work the smart heating system if I'm honest. We've had 3 different guys in to explain it to us and they've reprogrammed it for us each time and we've most of the heaters off throughout the place all year round.

chinguetti wrote: »
    Hard to say as the energy prices have gone up and still going up over the last 6 months but it is cheaper than where we were.

However, I don't think anyone know how to work the smart heating system if I'm honest. We've had 3 different guys in to explain it to us and they've reprogrammed it for us each time and we've most of the heaters off throughout the place all year round.

This heating system is infamous now. Do you have a model number so I can look at it online?

Has anyone been given contact details for a development foreman? I’ve been told it is unusual to not have been giving any contact details at all for the people actually building our house.

I wonder is it because they're from across the pond. You could try contacting them on Facebook perhaps or just go through Savills?

Are you in the next phase of Skylark? We are, and have heard essentially nothing apart from that the house should be ready in 'Q4'. Nice and vague!

Has anyone in phase 1 sorted floors out yet?

Not yet, not sure how to do it timing-wise since we don't have a date - how are you going to do it?

I’m not totally sure yet but was going to get a few quotes and see if could book a fitter for mid October? The agents gave me the name of the company who did the showhouses so might try them first. I was told early that month was the plan so don’t want to delay moving too long and it seems that it’s difficult to get a fitter (at least that’s my experience so far)

Yup, haven’t heard a peep. Honestly if we hadn’t checked in a couple of times we wouldn’t have heard anything since October 2020.

Anyone know what’s the story with the stairs? Does it come ‘floored’ if you get me, or do we need to sort flooring for it? Planning to laminate hall and landing floors so would be going for something similar for the stairs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 brdstlk

Advertisement