Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

St. Marnocks Bay - Dun Si

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Rickytumtum

While we are on the topic, is anyone in Dun Si, or the Portmarnock area in general, using an indoor arial to pick up saorview? We have a smart tv and use it for Netflix etc, but it would be nice to pick up the saorview signal too (receiver is built in the tv). Three rock is about 25 miles away, so wondering if anyone has had any luck in picking up a signal? Even though indoor arial is far from ideal, I don’t want to mount anything externally.

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭Tazium

While we are on the topic, is anyone in Dun Si, or the Portmarnock area in general, using an indoor arial to pick up saorview? We have a smart tv and use it for Netflix etc, but it would be nice to pick up the saorview signal too (receiver is built in the tv). Three rock is about 25 miles away, so wondering if anyone has had any luck in picking up a signal? Even though indoor arial is far from ideal, I don’t want to mount anything externally.

Yep, no problem with a suitable indoor Ariel. Strong signal and quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

Tazium wrote: »
    I'm in Dun Si and watching daily the progress being made with Skylark. I know what it's like waiting on build progress, we waiting for 8 months and with living on the South Side previously it was often a trek over to be disappointed with progress.

If those with interest in Skylark would like a regular update with a photo or two, just drop me a PM and I'll do that for ye. Best of luck and congrats on your purchase.

Wife and I are really happy here.

Has much progress been made on those houses yet? Any idea of estimated completion dates?

Was looking at them when they released but decided against them in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭House Hunt

Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    Has much progress been made on those houses yet? Any idea of estimated completion dates?

Was looking at them when they released but decided against them in the end.

We've been told to expect a June completion, Tazium has eyes on the ground out there!

Mind me asking why you decided against them in the end?

House Hunt wrote: »
    We've been told to expect a June completion, Tazium has eyes on the ground out there!

Mind me asking why you decided against them in the end?

Only mid terrace left by the time of our viewing, which we weren't interested in.

• Advertisement

Only mid terrace left by the time of our viewing, which we weren't interested in.

Just coming back to this. I was passing by during the weekend and noticed they have started building the semi-D properties which were not included in the initial release of skylark. Any idea why they would be building those first? It annoyed me at the time that there was such a limited release (and why I couldn't get a type that I wanted), and to now see houses getting built there that werent even released, ahead of the ones that were, is just a bit odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭sparkle109

Are those the ones that were originally meant to be released and then were removed from the release? I think on finches gate road?
    Just coming back to this. I was passing by during the weekend and noticed they have started building the semi-D properties which were not included in the initial release of skylark. Any idea why they would be building those first? It annoyed me at the time that there was such a limited release (and why I couldn't get a type that I wanted), and to now see houses getting built there that werent even released, ahead of the ones that were, is just a bit odd.

sparkle109 wrote: »
    Are those the ones that were originally meant to be released and then were removed from the release? I think on finches gate road?

No it's the ones just to the south west of the show house.

Ah really- that is quite annoying. We were told March originally for completion but then that it would be June/July.
    No it's the ones just to the south west of the show house.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Insertname121

Did anyone who was worried about the flight path go ahead in the end with sky lark? We pulled out ourselves and our friends did also.

• Advertisement

We bought there but house isn’t ready yet. We’ve been out a few times and admittedly there are a lot fewer flights at the moment, but we found the noise didn’t bother us at all, and figured we’d get used to it. I’d be surprised if there was any noise when you’re in the house
    Did anyone who was worried about the flight path go ahead in the end with sky lark? We pulled out ourselves and our friends did also.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 cunnerz21

I live across the road in the apartment block and I have big holes in the wall for vents so you hear everything. I got used to the planes after the first week of moving up to Portmarnock, very happy here and just bought in Skylark and assuming a new house will be much quieter than what I'm in now.
    We bought there but house isn’t ready yet. We’ve been out a few times and admittedly there are a lot fewer flights at the moment, but we found the noise didn’t bother us at all, and figured we’d get used to it. I’d be surprised if there was any noise when you’re in the house

• Registered Users Posts: 7 taletodream

We haven’t bought here as the flight path had originally really put us off but the more we view second hand houses the more we are reconsidering Skylark. It ticks a lot of boxes with the advantages of new builds, the HTB, the beach and the dart.

Does anyone know when the next phase is launching?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 NewHouse2021

Hi all

Signed contracts a couple of months ago for Skylark. Is anyone else still waiting on the developer to counter sign the contracts? Can’t get the help to buy funds until we upload the signed contracts to Revenue, so surprised they are dragging their feet.

Also, does anyone have any room measurements for the Petrel properties?

Our solicitor didn’t mention any delay in the signatures for the contracts to us but haven’t got them back to upload to Revenue yet wither, we assumed it was as the houses aren’t built yet? Did you ask the estate agent?
    Hi all

Signed contracts a couple of months ago for Skylark. Is anyone else still waiting on the developer to counter sign the contracts? Can’t get the help to buy funds until we upload the signed contracts to Revenue, so surprised they are dragging their feet.

Also, does anyone have any room measurements for the Petrel properties?

Our solicitor didn’t mention any delay in the signatures for the contracts to us but haven’t got them back to upload to Revenue yet wither, we assumed it was as the houses aren’t built yet? Did you ask the estate agent?

It wouldn’t make any sense to hold off signing the contract on their end until the houses are built. As things stand, there is no agreement in place for us to buy the house (contract not binding until signed by both parties), and they are down 30k in cash flow. Doesn’t make any sense to me, particularly when they were pushing for signing within 21 days on our end.

I haven’t been in contact with estate agent, but it’s not their area so didn’t think there would be any point. Might try them tomorrow to see if they know anything though.

That’s true. To be honest our solicitor hadn’t said anything to us so we assumed it was all fine for now. Will send an email and check in. Also a bit strange that they’re building houses that weren’t in the initial release.
    It wouldn’t make any sense to hold off signing the contract on their end until the houses are built. As things stand, there is no agreement in place for us to buy the house (contract not binding until signed by both parties), and they are down 30k in cash flow. Doesn’t make any sense to me, particularly when they were pushing for signing within 21 days on our end.

I haven’t been in contact with estate agent, but it’s not their area so didn’t think there would be any point. Might try them tomorrow to see if they know anything though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Insertname121

I'm in Dun Si and watching daily the progress being made with Skylark. I know what it's like waiting on build progress, we waiting for 8 months and with living on the South Side previously it was often a trek over to be disappointed with progress.

If those with interest in Skylark would like a regular update with a photo or two, just drop me a PM and I'll do that for ye. Best of luck and congrats on your purchase.

Wife and I are really happy here.

How are you finding the flight noise? (Not sure if you’ve been there while there’s been many planes overhead)

We don't notice any noise at all from inside the house, they are super well insulated. Out in the garden you'll notice the engines alright. They aren't disruptive and it lasts only seconds anyway.

Countersigned contract finally came through today, just the 9 weeks and 2 days later! At least the Help to Buy claim is finally in progress now.

• Advertisement

I see phase 2 has started to be promoted now. 4 beds only in phase 2, wonder which ones those are.

Should there be a new thread for Skylark? The four beds are visible in the planning documentation. There's a 12Mb PDF on the Fingal planning site, can't attach it - too big! :). the file shows 47 x 4 bed homes in phase 1C. If you're browsing the planning site the file name is 00642526.pdf

How to?
    Go here : https://planning.agileapplications.ie/fingal
    In the search bar enter : SHD/012/19
    On the results page, scroll down to documents and select it.
    Click the site layout plans on the bottom of page 5 (3rd last one).
    Lots of good details on other files too, plenty of development to be done.

started a new thread here.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Rickytumtum

started a new thread here.

I personally think keeping everything in the one thread is better. Developers and estate agents use a new name for the phase to help separate any issues, but at the end of the day we’re dealing with the same developer here. It might be helpful for those lookkng at skylark to know if issues are arising with Dun Si. Just my two cents. You could always change the name of original thread to include reference to St Marnocks Bay, Dun Si and Skylark.

Has anyone who bought in the first phase been given a timeline for completion?

• Registered Users Posts: 42 cunnerz21

Has anyone who bought in the first phase been given a timeline for completion?

They've said June/July but with an upcoming halt to construction looking likely due to lockdown I'd imagine that will be pushed back.

Thank you, that was the same timeframe we were given a while back. We just got signed contracts back and are trying to claim HTB so progressing with mortgage although it’s a bit frustrating knowing we have to reapply later in the year as house won’t be ready before this approval expires
    cunnerz21 wrote: »
    They've said June/July but with an upcoming halt to construction looking likely due to lockdown I'd imagine that will be pushed back.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 boylano21

Hi, So I have signed contracts with developer a while back for phase 1 of skylark. Was told by my solicitor that estimated completion date would be Q3, so (July - Sept). Hopefully it doesn't take them to long. Thanks Tazium, for the updates.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 nelson37

Hi all, I am hoping to purchase one of the Petrel 3 beds when the next phase including them is announced. I have a few questions for those who purchased during the first phase, and would appreciate the info:

1) What parts of the showhouse were add ons and what parts were included?
    2) Are the kitchens customisable?
    3) Did you have to organise your own flooring?
    4) Were you given a choice of multiple houses (south facing v north facing for example, or end of terrace v mid terrace)?

Thank you in advance!!

• Advertisement

Hi

We bought in phase 1. Kitchen isn’t customisable as far as I know. Yes you have to organise your own flooring (I think this is the case for most new builds). Bathrooms are tiled, stairs have panelling on walls, white goods in kitchen included if returned contracts within 21 or 28 days I can’t remember which.
    We got a slot for viewing and when we arrived there was a choice left but no end of terrace south facing left
    nelson37 wrote: »
    Hi all, I am hoping to purchase one of the Petrel 3 beds when the next phase including them is announced. I have a few questions for those who purchased during the first phase, and would appreciate the info:

1) What parts of the showhouse were add ons and what parts were included?
    2) Are the kitchens customisable?
    3) Did you have to organise your own flooring?
    4) Were you given a choice of multiple houses (south facing v north facing for example, or end of terrace v mid terrace)?

Thank you in advance!!

Advertisement