Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How to approach the meeting with a teacher over incident?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

The niece obviously isn't as assertive as the OP that's for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭paddyirish23

No it's not.

Read the OP.

While it might not be a written rule, a dog with a mallet up its arse knows phone wouldn't be allowed in class in any school. Your niece got caught with her phone in class and it was unfortunate that she had other items in the sleeve but could've escalated it to the vice principal or someone similar but for some reason didn't? The teacher wont offer much to you and going in for blood off her so to speak is silly. Let it go and next year tell your niece keep the phone in her locker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Fall_Guy

She will rue the day she stole my nieces property

Is this a real thread? I really hope it isn't, because your life must be torture if you get this angry and allow something to simmer inside you for 6 weeks over a situation that could have been resolved with a single meeting with the principal as soon as you returned from your trip to Portugal.

Assuming this is a real issue, and I know it's been asked numerous times without a response but I'll give it another shot. Did your niece request her passport card and debit card to be returned as soon as the phone was confiscated? If she did and that request was denied then you certainly have a grievance that the school should be prepared to address.

If not, I can't see how the school has a case to answer. They can argue that simply by virtue of the phone being out on the table it was interfering with the lesson, as its mere visibility could be a distraction. As such, they could argue that the teacher just followed the school policy on confiscating phones, and can not be held accountable for others factors she did not have any knowledge of.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Skihunta13

JeffKenna wrote: »
    The niece obviously isn't as assertive as the OP that's for sure.

Or the niece is full of it.
    Parents out of the country, assumed guardian out of country. House empty.........

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭mcgucc22

This is as almost as bad as the thread where the woman was looking to make a compensation claim for hurting her back on the bumper cars.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

your reaction of compensation as a possibility doesnt garner sympathy.
    if youre registered with the school as her guardian then insist politely but firmly on speaking to the principal.
    if mot then at 18 they should habe the cop on to discuss it with her.
    they and you cant have it every way.

is the story absolutely accurate.

no class truly remains totally silent once a teacher leaves the room.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭Reati

New account? Check. Over the top story? Check. Combative posting style? Check.

No, could never be another troll could it?

Hey OP, tell us more about you. What kick does this give ya?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭JJJackal

Reati wrote: »
    New account? Check. Over the top story? Check. Combative posting style? Check.

No, could never be another troll could it?

Hey OP, tell us more about you. What kick does this give ya?

I want to hear more too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭micar

Her parents are in Portugal for reasons well beyond the scope of this thread

Please do tell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,652 ✭✭✭Wildly Boaring

2 years ago I'd had said this was a wind up.

A good mate is a teacher and a student watching YouTube came out with the same sort of excuse when he casme back into class.

Getting a tissue out or finding a pen or dog did it.

Anyway again this kids parents decided half the world was in the phone case and that they sue if he didn't get on his knees and grovel to their best kiddo ever.

Cannot see why anyone would want to teach anymore.

OP. Take a deep breath and forget about it. This niece hardly had the phone out to get a tissue out??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

I would like more of the story from the angel niece.....instead of going to her parents for the weekend did she go out and feed the poor? or help out at the local charity shop?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement