Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sh*t food: Best and worst.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭Aineoil

It's far from tapas I was reared.

Do you think is their anywhere in Spain where you have the wipe the sheepdung of the ham sandwiches before you eat them, and fish the clegs out of the tae before you drink it?

Tea from glasses bottles on the bog with the taste and aroma of peat - pure heaven.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Un Croissant

jungleman wrote: »
    I was debating where to go for lunch yesterday and found myself in the Epicurean food-hall on Abbey St. I was just walking around, looking at different food stalls when this absolute stunner beckoned me into the "Italian" food section (she was a staff member). I didn't even want to eat there but she was just so gorgeous I picked up a plate and started to chow down.

WORST MISTAKE EVER.

The food was proper rank. It didn't even taste like food. It was a buffet, so naturally I was trying out different food combinations to try and eat something that was at least palatable. I walked out of there feeling sick as a dog. To make matters worse, the scutters I had afterwards were violent and real.

I'm still not right after it, stools have improved but are still moist and soupy.

The women are always at that in there :D the Asian buffet too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭jungleman

Cienciano wrote: »
    Hard to beat the ugly duckling in there

The SFC Pastrami burger......:pac::pac::pac:

*fap fap fap fap*

Update: my movements are remarkably similar to an army of Uruk hai breaching the walls of Helms Deep. Ugly, loud and explosive.

Soon I'll be covered in my own **** and can join their ranks myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

I love McDonald's and Eddie Rockets. But my favourite fast food is an omelette with toast!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,665 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

I love Marks And Spencer chicken jalfrezi and I add to that 4 of their potato and onion rosti cakes. Twenty minutes in the oven, and it is delicious. As nice as any Indian meal I have ever had in a restaurant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭Mechanical Clocktail

Update: my movements are remarkably similar to an army of Uruk hai breaching the walls of Helms Deep. Ugly, loud and explosive.

Soon I'll be covered in my own **** and can join their ranks myself.

Sounding the horn of Helms Deep? lol. Are you feeling really ill or is it just the bowels?

For good bad food I'm a fan of La Salsa (in Galway) or Boojum. For bad bad food either Charcoal Grill, Supermacs or McDonalds. La Salsa tends to feel like a treat and the food tastes genuine. They do a lovely burger called the El Diablo. The other ones I name are pure homogenous dirt.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

Rustler's microwavable burgers.

No, I've never had one but I can tell they are pure mingin just by looking at them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

I love chipper chips.

Not a fan of any of the usual fast food chains but find McDonald's wraps the best of a bad bunch.

Eddid Rockets is vile. It's always cold and disgusting.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,391 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I love chipper chips.

Not a fan of any of the usual fast food chains but find McDonald's wraps the best of a bad bunch.

Eddid Rockets is vile. It's always cold and disgusting.

Eh...no it isn't. Eaten there loads of times and never got cold food.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

How did it taste? A little ruff? *Badum tsche*

T'was a holy terrier.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,226 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

murpho999 wrote: »
    Eh...no it isn't. Eaten there loads of times and never got cold food.

I notice you didn't argue with "disgusting"!
    It has to be said, Eddie Rockets is complete shíte.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

feargale wrote: »
    T'was a holy terrier.
    Sounds like a mastiff pain. Oh god I can't turn it off! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,391 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I notice you didn't argue with "disgusting"!
    It has to be said, Eddie Rockets is complete shíte.

Also would disagree, their burgers are very nice an I also like the club sandwich and chilli fries.

Anyhow,, you used to like KFC so that would hardly make you a good judge as that place has always been terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭rosb

Yum: Eddie Rocket's chicken tenders, sweet potato fries and the yummiest of all..... their chocolate brownie sundae

Yeuk: KFC

Didn't know so many people didn't like KFC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Sky King wrote: »
    Rustler's microwavable burgers.

No, I've never had one but I can tell they are pure mingin just by looking at them.

Worked in a Tresco about a decade back where they had a staff canteine but only until about lunch time. Was in college so working late shifts mostly and Mo canteine... I resorted to one of these once.

Never, ever again. Semi stale unsought bread from the bakery area from then on out, it was!

Over here in Toronto it's a task to find a decent kebab, but it's not an issue thanks to poutine!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Is Abrakebabra still going? Or have they just scaled back significantly on the number of outlets?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,226 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

murpho999 wrote: »
    Also would disagree, their burgers are very nice an I also like the club sandwich and chilli fries.

Anyhow,, you used to like KFC so that would hardly make you a good judge as that place has always been terrible.
    I like tinned pies. That's what the whole thread is about.
    Eddie Rockets cost €12 for a burger, chips and drink, you could go to somewhere like Bunsen Burger or Ricks for that price and they're 100 times better. Most pubs will give you a better burger for less money

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

KC's in Cork just might be the best fast food joint in the world...not even exaggerating

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Unknown Soldier

Shít food that I like: you know those pies you get in tins, frey bentos? Them and chips. Fantastic.
    Also, chipper spice burgers. Actually amazing in a sandwich with fresh bread or toast
    Bad food that i cannot stomach: batter burgers. Jesus, who the fúck buys them?

You might like these. http://www.baxters.com/product/fray-bentos-tender-just-steak-pudding-400g

[edit-didn't know this was an AH thread]

I reckon it would be lovely with chip. Made for the microwave too.

Only had one recently, just to see what they were like.
    Not bad but I left a lot of the Suet Pastry pudding thing behind. If I was having it with chips though I reckon it would soak up vinegar real good!

I love vinegar though.

M&S do a lovely Chunky Stewed steak with Gravy in a tin, which is nice and does away with the whole pie/pudding pastry stuff.

Lovely with Mash or chips. Ultimate stodge food if combined with M&S Buttery microwaveable mash, when a few sheets to the wind. It comes in a "half" tin as well as a full one. The half tin is enough for one.

Second and third one down in the link...

http://www.britsuperstore.com/acatalog/Marks_and_Spencers_Tinned_Meats_and_Fish.html

Never bother with the cheaper Princes one that's in Dunnes etc. It's nice and all but I never knew (until my missus read the ingredients) that it was made for "rehydrated" meat, what ever the fupp that is! http://www.tesco.com/groceries/product/details/?id=271625508

I'm finding it hard to think of sh1t food I don't like at this moment. I just have degrees of preference :/

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Crumpets

Once had a kebab from the local chipper. Nearly puked. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

the pizza hut all you can eat buffet

yes they have fresh veg, but the pizzas and pasta are usually mank

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Emsloe

What are your worst ****ty food spots?

Anywhere that sells croissants OP :pac:

And McDonalds.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,040 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

Didn't know so many people didn't like KFC.

Yeah I'm genuinely surprised. I think their chicken can't be beat.

Supermacs is awful. The service is so slow and the food is practically cold by the time you get it.

Emsloe wrote: »
    Anywhere that sells croissants OP :pac:

And McDonalds.

Kinda wish I'd named myself "Lidl's maple and pecan plait" because I'm going through a bit of a thing right now.

Yeah I'm genuinely surprised. I think their chicken can't be beat.

Supermacs is awful. The service is so slow and the food is practically cold by the time you get it.
    Never had that problem myself. Love their large garlic and cheese chip.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭cml387

Anyplace that advertises "carvery".
    Fatty beef stuck under a heatlamp, lumpy mash and watery veg.
    For people who don't really like food.

Advertisement