Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sh*t food: Best and worst.

Options
  • 31-05-2015 5:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭

Today myself and the OH decided to go for a KFC for a bit of a change. I have a fairly bad stomach at the best of times, having a disease but after this KFC today I feel like the world is about to fall out of me.

I know, I know, fast food is crap but the Crescent isn't blessed with many food options.

I genuinely may die so make this thread a good one, to send me off.

What are your best and worst ****ty food spots?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

I'm rather fond of Supermacs for good bad food and dislike Mcdonalds for it's bad bad food.

Now I want a boneless banquet from KFC I hope you're happy with yourself!

Also sorry to hear you're feeling crappy. Does this mean we have to be nice to you? I'm not sure I can manage that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

When hungover it has to be a KFC. When in a 'meh' mood, a dominos or local chippy is good. Wouldn't be a regular occurrence but can be a nice treat :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

KFC and McDonalds are the absolute worse of takeaway. The best, a good quality kebab, or The Four Lanterns in Sligo and Donegal.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Chicken hut. Cannot be beaten.

GTFO with yer KFC.

Chicken hut. Cannot be beaten.

GTFO with yer KFC.
    Their portions are so stingy though. That's why I don't go there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

kebabs for me hold the dubious honour of being both the best and worst of the sh1te foods.Not fancy ones from zaytoons or somesuch,but the big greasy b@stards from the chipper with the mystery meat in them.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

kebabs for me hold the dubious honour of being both the best and worst of the sh1te foods.Not fancy ones from zaytoons or somesuch,but the big greasy b@stards from the chipper with the mystery meat in them.

Same, had one for the first time in months on Tuesday...sh*ts finally started to get back to normal yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭PowerToWait

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Same, had one for the first time in months on Tuesday...sh*ts finally started to get back to normal yesterday.

Turty turds later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭Sheep Lover

Turtyturd wrote: »

I got a kebab once with a "Rover" inscribed on the dog tag amongst the meat...

• Registered Users Posts: 33,048 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Best - Berlin Doener
    Worst - Sushi

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement

How did it taste? A little ruff? *Badum tsche*

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

Ah well at least you know it didn't contain mutton or lamb,so you walked away with a clear conscience this time sheeplover

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭KungPao

Hate shopping centres with only crap like McDonalds, bk, and the absolute worst KFC. That **** is poison.
    I will choose subway, obriens kind of places...or a noodle place. A bit better at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,730 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

How can any of you eat at KFC, have you not read what PETA had to say about the chicken holocaust they are responsible for?

Chicken...licks lips...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭Aineoil

Barack Obama Plaza has to serve the worst food ever in my humble opinion.

When I lived in Dublin I used to love the food in the Trocadero, Little Caesars, The Cedar Tree, the steak sandwich in Brady's of Terenure and Roly's Bistro, Ballsbridge. (Yes It's been a while since I lived in Dublin.)

There's a new Tapas bar in Lahinch, Co Clare. The food is amazing. Been there twice and I'll be back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭Señor Fancy Pants

RobertKK wrote: »
    How can any of you eat at KFC, have you not read what PETA had to say about the chicken holocaust they are responsible for?

Chicken...licks lips...

PETA??!!

Please Eat The Animals? Waaaay ahead of ya Chief!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,230 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Best - Berlin Doener
    Worst - Sushi

Had a kebab in berlin for the first time in December last year. Absolutely fúcking amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Best: Bombay Pantry.
    Worst: KFC.

Simples.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

It's far from tapas I was reared.

Do you think is their anywhere in Spain where you have the wipe the sheepdung of the ham sandwiches before you eat them, and fish the clegs out of the tae before you drink it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Lau2976

Superchips from Kentucky Fried Chicken. Nom

KFC. Bleh.

• Advertisement

KFC food is utter tripe. If you want proper chicken, go to Supermacs and ask for a snackbox/lunch box (can't remember what they call it now) - a large one can feed two easily, the chicken is superb.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

Wouldn't be a big fan of fast food in general, but I think Hillbillies is the best of a bad bunch! So much nicer then KFC anyway!

Shít food that I like: you know those pies you get in tins, frey bentos? Them and chips. Fantastic.
    Also, chipper spice burgers. Actually amazing in a sandwich with fresh bread or toast
    Bad food that i cannot stomach: batter burgers. Jesus, who the fúck buys them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭Señor Fancy Pants

The nicest "take away" chicken I've ever had was from an absolute dump of a place.

It was from a basic shop, not unlike a small block built garden shed. There was a big hole in the wall and stray dogs used to come in and out all day and night as they pleased.

Down the back was a small, dirty looking bastard that sold "1/2 chicken and chips" for $4. He cut a chicken in two in front of you and deep fried it with chips. The skin was so crispy and the meat was so tender and juicy. Most of the time there was still a partial feather or three on it.

Hands down, the nicest type of take away iv ever had.

KFC is shyte.

I used to like kfc, but these days i can taste nothing off it but salt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Un Croissant

I suppose I should contribute.

My nicest take out used to be the Shimla Indian in Thurles. Heard its gone to the dogs now.

Worst is probably a dodgy chopper selling a heap of food for a tenner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭jungleman

I was debating where to go for lunch yesterday and found myself in the Epicurean food-hall on Abbey St. I was just walking around, looking at different food stalls when this absolute stunner beckoned me into the "Italian" food section (she was a staff member). I didn't even want to eat there but she was just so gorgeous I picked up a plate and started to chow down.

WORST MISTAKE EVER.

The food was proper rank. It didn't even taste like food. It was a buffet, so naturally I was trying out different food combinations to try and eat something that was at least palatable. I walked out of there feeling sick as a dog. To make matters worse, the scutters I had afterwards were violent and real.

I'm still not right after it, stools have improved but are still moist and soupy.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,668 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Just been to Empty Pockets. Always end up eating the same thing as most of their choice is bare basic

• Advertisement

jungleman wrote: »
    I was debating where to go for lunch yesterday and found myself in the Epicurean food-hall on Abbey St. I was just walking around, looking at different food stalls when this absolute stunner beckoned me into the "Italian" food section (she was a staff member). I didn't even want to eat there but she was just so gorgeous I picked up a plate and started to chow down.

WORST MISTAKE EVER.

The food was proper rank. It didn't even taste like food. It was a buffet, so naturally I was trying out different food combinations to try and eat something that was at least palatable. I walked out of there feeling sick as a dog. To make matters worse, the scutters I had afterwards were violent and real.

I'm still not right after it, stools have improved but are still moist and soupy.
    Hard to beat the ugly duckling in there

Advertisement