Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

it's official. Recession is dead according to Barry Egan.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,868 ✭✭✭blackcard

If Bazza says so it must be true. Love him or loathe him, you have to admire his persistence!

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/news/the-recession-is-dead-lisa-murphy-beat-it-to-death-with-a-designer-handbag-31267055.html

No, I don't have to admire his persistence

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

Well 'recession' is a specific economic term and as far as I'm aware we've had two consecutive quarters of growth.

So we're not in recession.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭Mongfinder General

Who the **** is Barry Egan?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 360 ✭✭The Dogs Bollix

But there's still bitter people that will watch what you buy "no recession in your house", looking down on you for buying a small treat. What do we do with them. They will live on forever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Socialte 'journalist', used to be on back page of indo telling us about the time he spent drinking champagne with Jonny Ronan and a model (every week)... a la Terry Keane.

Although I think the answer was best answered in your question.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,443 ✭✭✭Heroditas

The man responsible for making a "celeb" out of Lisa Murphy. Reason enough to dislike anyone

• Registered Users Posts: 21,096 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Damn dyslexia got me all excited.... Barry Egan isn't dead and we're not going on a session

• Registered Users Posts: 3,868 ✭✭✭blackcard

Surely someone must have something good to say about Barry

blackcard wrote: »

If you find that person, send for the men in white coats - or Lisa Murphy!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,691 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Great; does this mean I'll get my pay cut of 6 years ago reversed, and get a pay rise for the first time in 8 years?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

blackcard wrote: »

Ahhhh... he was drinking champagne with Jonny Ronan and some model the other day... and it was fabulous.

I think the more parties he attends the better the economy gets. Keep going Barry, keep going, we need you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Dr Strange

Gebgbegb wrote: »
    ...Barry, keep going, we need you....

...like a fucking boil on the arse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

If Bazza says so it must be true. Love him or loathe him, you have to admire his persistence!

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/news/the-recession-is-dead-lisa-murphy-beat-it-to-death-with-a-designer-handbag-31267055.html

That link will bring me to Dinny's Sindo....NO THANKS!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

blueser wrote: »
    Great; does this mean I'll get my pay cut of 6 years ago reversed, and get a pay rise for the first time in 8 years?

No Dennis o brien took all that to install a water meter on your house. He's also going to bang your missus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Heroditas wrote: »
    The man responsible for making a "celeb" out of Lisa Murphy. Reason enough to dislike anyone

Who the fcuk is Lisa Murphy...and for that matter barry Egan

I know I live in middle of nowhere...didn't think I was this badly outta touch :(:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭FalconGirl

How the hell can Barry Egan look at himself in the mirror every morning and call himself a journalist?:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

I know we're not in recession but it just hit me when I was typing in another thread....we've had 7-8 years of this crap. All that time of cutbacks and austerity. It's getting old now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

Grayson wrote: »
    I know we're not in recession but it just hit me when I was typing in another thread....we've had 7-8 years of this crap. All that time of cutbacks and austerity. It's getting old now.

Have you an alternative?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Ginger, malformed sycophant to Irish minor celebrity firmament. So ugly looks like he's been turned inside out.

Who the fcuk is Lisa Murphy...and for that matter barry Egan

I know I live in middle of nowhere...didn't think I was this badly outta touch :(:(

I just read the article and instantly regretted it. I think I'm not dumb enough to understand it. I think anyone who reads that dies a little bit inside.

I googled Lisa Murphy and I'm still none the wiser. Who the hell is she?

All I found is this scary photo
    http://cdn1.independent.ie/migration_catalog/article25227668.ece/1ecad/ALTERNATES/h342/Lisa-Murphy_TG

And a description of her as the partner of a celebrity lawyer.

• Advertisement

JustTheOne wrote: »
    Have you an alternative?

Not really. Our income amounted to 60% of our outgoings in 2008. We needed cutbacks. I just realised how long we've been living with it.

I just read the article and instantly regretted it. I think I'm not dumb enough to understand it. I think anyone who reads that dies a little bit inside.

http://cdn1.independent.ie/migration_catalog/article25227668.ece/1ecad/ALTERNATES/h342/Lisa-Murphy_TG

She's the plastic fantastic ex of Michael Flateley and some boxer, whose name escapes me. She's the current on/off/on again squeeze of "celebrity" solicitor Gerald Keane. She also appeared in some reality Irish TV show. Basically, the Kim Kardashian of Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

An excellent hider apparently!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

I read it....who the fcuk approves these articles for publication...there are posters on boards who'd make better journalists ffs (not me obv)

I think I recognise your man...he used to do celebrity Gaa manager and I think he turned over a table on it :confused:

Never actually knew what he used do for money though...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,420 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Seems he has been disliked here for quite a while. Never heard of him. See the old appreciation thread at http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=275839

• Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭FalconGirl

I read it....who the fcuk approves these articles for publication...there are posters on boards who'd make better journalists ffs (not me obv)

I think I recognise your man...he used to do celebrity Gaa manager and I think he turned over a table on it :confused:

Never actually knew what he used do for money though...

Its a mixture of clickbait articles to bring in advertising revenue and what I have noticed across various publications, a general dumbing down of articles in the media to hide other dodgy goings on and real stories.

Real Journalism is certainly dead at the Indo and has been for quite a while.

http://www.theguardian.com/media/greenslade/2014/jul/28/irish-independent-denis-o-brien?CMP=share_btn_tw

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

Lisa Murphy only a mother ........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Barry Egan in an article featuring Gerald Keane and Lisa "the model" Murphy.....its like a triumvirate of Sindo wrongness.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

What in the name of God did I just read. Was there a point to that story at all? It's terribly constructed and reads like the author wrote it while drunk. Everyday the indo slides closer and closer to becoming a full blown tabloid. Although you could argue with this constant reporting on Irish "celebrity" culture that the paper has already thrown itself into the red top abyss with reckless abandon.

• Advertisement

FalconGirl wrote: »
    Real Journalism is certainly dead at the Indo and has been for quite a while.

Has been since Terry Keane morphed into Barry Egan.

Advertisement