Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Have you ever beaten the sh1te out of somebody.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Who actually checks to see if the sh**e has come out of some one.

If checking was compulsory then some people might be put off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

^ :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Laoislion8383

YurOK2 wrote: »
    I was sitting in a nightclub with my friends. One of the girls was after going through a really ****ty time and we were deep in conversation. This group of young fellas came over and started asking us all for hugs. One of them was extremely sweaty, sweat dripping down his face off his chin, really disgusting. We told them to leave us alone and they all left. About 10 minutes later I saw someone out of the corner of my eye moving towards us really fast, next thing I know the really sweaty guy was rubbing his hands all over my face, my neck and chest, he was absolutely soaked in sweat. I could barely see because he was after rubbing my make up into my eyes so I just started swinging blindly, managed to connect with his jaw/ear and knocked him down. The bouncers came over and fúcked him and the group he was with out.

Another night I was out with my sister. The place we were in was packed and we were leaving. Just as we were getting near the door this guy grabbed my sister and started grinding himself up against her bum. She was screaming at him to let her go and he wouldn't so I jammed my hand into his throat and pushed him away. He started to come at me then and 2 of his friends actually had to hold him back.

I wouldn't say I've ever beaten the shíte out of anybody but sometimes you have to defend yourself or someone you're with. I wouldn't consider myself a violent person at all and have only ever hit back at someone in self defence.
    The demon drink seems to turn people crazy, at least I hope people, like the ones I mentioned above, don't act like that when they're sober.

Fair play, yes sometimes there is a need to defend yourself or your family, violence is not the answer to everything but in some situations it's the only answer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,191 ✭✭✭Eugene Norman

Sam Kade wrote: »
    You beat up an individual when you're in a gang, tough man
    Your a hard man, beating up people while part of a gang, and women too real hard nut you.... Tosser

He was quoting the OP.

We were treated like dogs, anytime the bitch didn't have her meds she'd give us a good trashing. For a simple thing like not having your bed made or not taking your plate up from the table. Belt strap to the arse, slamming doors in your face, General intimidation. A violent bitch who myself and bro deeply feared.
    Horrible that you would think of your mother in that way DLH, but I do understand it.

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭MathDebater

Your a hard man, beating up people while part of a gang, and women too real hard nut you.... Tosser

I honestly don't think he meant as such.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭Baron Kurtz

I thankfully didn't have an upbringing like that, but was brought up on a pretty rough council estate, I feel I learned far more about life going up like that than I ever did in school or college, in my opinion I learned how to be fair treat people with respect and I also learned if they don't treat u with respect then it's time for a few slaps, had a few fights in my time never started any of them, got attacked by a bunch of scummys one day walking home from work they gave me a good pasting for nothing literally nothing, but I got each of them on there own over time and they got equally as good of a pasting back, there are just some people out there and all they understand is a good beating talking to this people does not work simple as that

I just thought of Dead Man's Shoes, reading this. Go on, Paddy!

Mother of Jesus!

Two posters confirming what I kinda think about people who resort to violence. Lads, I was parodying other posts, read the OP again...

Penny dropped yet?

Do ye wear string vests and read the Sun! Ah go on, confirm the stereotype, pleeeeease.

Nope don't wear string vests or read the sun my friend, work in an office and wear a suit, and yes i know u are a smart ass that thinks he can make fun of people through the Internet, has the penny dropped that I honestly could not give one flying fu@k what u think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭YurOK2

We were treated like dogs, anytime the bitch didn't have her meds she'd give us a good trashing. For a simple thing like not having your bed made or not taking your plate up from the table. Belt strap to the arse, slamming doors in your face, General intimidation. A violent bitch who myself and bro deeply feared.

I grew up in a house like that myself, 2 psychotic parents and an equally disturbed brother.

• Advertisement

Was bullied in my youth and had the fear, then once got into an argument with a bloke from work I was on the piss with and beat seven shades of ****e out of him after he had the first 2 punches.

One time I tackled a gang of 3 travelers on a packed bus that were being verbally and physically racially abusive.

You're one 'ard bastid, Ned Stark! :)

Nope don't wear string vests or read the sun my friend, work in an office and wear a suit, and yes i know u are a smart ass that thinks he can make fun of people through the Internet, has the penny dropped that I honestly could not give one flying fu@k what u think

You don't? Really?

Then why are you so angry about it?

Is it because so many posters have pointed out the rather obvious, that in your anger you completely missed the point?

Go on, take a hurley to something. But not your suit! Jesus, spare the suit!

Two posters confirming what I kinda think about people who resort to violence. Lads, I was parodying other posts, read the OP again...

Penny dropped yet?

Do ye wear string vests and read the Sun! Ah go on, confirm the stereotype, pleeeeease.
    FIGHT, FIGHT, FIGHT :eek: :P :D

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭MathDebater

Laois,

I think Conor was kidding

Mesrine65 wrote: »
    FIGHT, FIGHT, FIGHT :eek: :P :D

Someone hold his suit jacket. He has to go back to an office!

I got into one fight in school. One where every kid swarms around shouting "fight". Didn't end well for me. You shudda seen the other guy though. He was ok. Unhurt.

After that I didn't fight again. My 100% reputation of 0-1 scared people off I think.

Well, your name is Eugene:)

• Advertisement

You don't? Really?

Then why are you so angry about it?

Is it because so many posters have pointed out the rather obvious, that in your anger you completely missed the point?

Go on, take a hurley to something. But not your suit! Jesus, spare the suit!

Not angry at all Conor I was stating how I was angry when I caught two scummy leaches trying to steal my property and yes I did take a hurl to the cnuts and make no apologise for it, believe it or believe it not not an angry man at all very happy go lucky Infact, but don't suffer fools or smart arses gladly

Someone hold his suit jacket. He has to go back to an office!

Yes to get my hurl :)

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭beyondbelief67

A dose of reality in this "I beat up people with a gang of others, I beat up my mum, I particularly love to beat up people from one section of society using a weapon" madness.

Did you even read the rest of the ops posts as to why he did that ? The life he had and abuse ? Before he snapped ? Just wondering, kind of hoping you didn't actually read that before coming out with your joke about his posts, as surely as anyone who could joke about children being hit with a belt must have more problems than those who snap when it happens to them on a daily basis or whenever there mom just feels like it.

i know u are a smart ass
    I honestly could not give one flying fu@k what u think
    not an angry man at all very happy go lucky

Good. I'd hate to see you when you're not happy.
    Did you even read the rest of the ops posts as to why he did that ? The life he had and abuse ? Before he snapped ? Just wondering, kind of hoping you didn't actually read that before coming out with your joke about his posts, as surely as anyone who could joke about children being hit with a belt must have more problems than those who snap when it happens to them on a daily basis or whenever there mom just feels like it.

I didn't joke about children being hit at all.

Are people being deliberately obtuse this morning? Lots of very very silly on this thread, I hit her, me and the gang beat him, I beat her but I'm not proud of it, I beat him with a hurley over turf etc. etc.

But still, I wouldn't beat up a woman, even if she was abusive. Maybe it's just me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭renegademaster

You're one 'ard bastid, Ned Stark! :)

whatever! it happened and I'm sure the african girl that almost got a box from one of the travelers was delighted that somebody on the bus wouldn't just sit there watching this take place

• Advertisement

Are people being deliberately obtuse this morning? Lots of very very silly on this thread. But still, I wouldn't beat up a woman, even if she was abusive. Maybe it's just me.

You made the joke about him. So yes you made the joke about kids being hit, read his posts, she beat him with a belt which is why he finally hit her.
    Lucky that you never lived that life of constantly being hit, easy to say for those who have never gone through it, that they would never do it.
    Until you have lived that life you can never know what you would or wouldn't do.

You made the joke about him. So yes you made the joke about kids being hit, read his posts, she beat him with a belt which is why he finally hit her.
    Lucky that you never lived that life of constantly being hit, easy to say for those who have never gone through it, that they would never do it.
    Until you have lived that life you can never know what you would or wouldn't do.

Yes, yes, and you're condoning the beating of the mentally ill.

We can all skew the intentions of a post.

You made the joke about him. So yes you made the joke about kids being hit...

Will resist urge to explain. It's just too obvious. And hilarious.

I should clarify though, I am laughing at how you managed so much silly in so few words. Not at children being abused.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Cold War Kid

Your ma is yisser ma. Your father is your pops. They deserve better treatment
    What ill treatment is he subjecting his dad to? No his mother doesn't deserve better treatment at all. Child abusers really don't - and their being someone's mother or father doesn't change this. Wouldn't blame him at all for snapping at his mother, even if it's not ideal. She shouldn't have been violent to her children though
    I'd agree on talking to a professional to prevent it leading to further rages though.
    Mother of Jesus!

Penny dropped yet?
    That was one of the more bizarre "Don't read or think, just post" misinterpretations I've seen here indeed. :)

I have had to defend myself on a few occasions but I have not really beaten the crap out of anyone. I just did enough to bring the confrontation to an end with little fear of it recommencing. For the most part it has been against drunken louts who copped my unusual relationship and decided that therefore beating the crap out of me would somehow restore the balance of chivalry in the world.

I am under no illusions about my superior combat abilities however. My victory in those situations is probably 50% to do with my BJJ training for sure - but likely also 50% down to me being a light drinker and having several orders of sobriety advantage over my aggressors. Whether a completely sober confrontation would always have gone my way in similar situations - I can not know.

The only two way sober confrontation I have had - which I mentioned before on boards - was after a girl in a gym approached me essentially asking me to find a hotel room with her which I declined. The next time I was in the same gym however I had a quick chat with her which infuriated one of her muscle bound He-Man friends who probably was into her himself. A fight which also thankfully went my way.

I have hated it every time though. I am one of those "I learn to fight so I will never have to" types - and I genuinely hate having them and even "winning" them - even when someone deserves it.

Are people being deliberately obtuse this morning? Lots of very very silly on this thread, I hit her, me and the gang beat him, I beat her but I'm not proud of it, I beat him with a hurley over turf etc. etc.

But still, I wouldn't beat up a woman, even if she was abusive. Maybe it's just me.

Very happy man indeed, Infact i am so happy and it's Saturday I think I shall put on my White string vest, roll some fags, buy a few cans of dutch gold and get my hurl and go traveller hunting, care to join me in a regular Midlands past time??

Yes, yes, and you're condoning the beating of the mentally ill.

We can all skew the intentions of a post.

No I said to read the posts and that you can't possibly know what you would do unless you lived that life.
    His mother's weapons of choice belt and door, my mother preffered the dog leads, easier to swing and the bit sticks into the skin, but the door on the fingers too. Easier to explain at nursery and school as an accident.
    The only time I snapped back was when she broke my father's necklace by snatching it off my neck a week after he passed away. Almost the same age as the op, so yes I know exactly what he is talking about.
    Best I bow out of this chat.to close to home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

Take it easy on him he thinks everyone on here is a mind reader and then gets his knickers in a twist if they pick him up wrong.

Take it easy on him he thinks everyone on here is a mind reader and then gets his knickers in a twist if they pick him up wrong.
    It wasn't that hard to pick up. All he did was just make a quote of the things the OP said he'd done. It was extremely obvious actually. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Think you're handier with the hurl than the written word.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,301 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

No.

Because im not a thug.

No.

Because im not a thug.
    Just a Supergurrier ;):p

It wasn't that hard to pick up. All he did was just make a quote of the things the OP said he'd done. It was extremely obvious actually. :confused:

Maybe, if you have all day to read and analyse every post. He might want to brush up on his quoting skills for the benefit of posters that don't spend every minute on boards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,301 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Mesrine65 wrote: »
    Just a Supergurrier ;):p

Exactly.

A playful kick to the gooch then run off laughing.

Never a need to beat the **** out of somebody

Still annoyed!

How delightful!

Mind you, I'd be annoyed too if I made a point and everyone went "duh".

Still annoyed!

How delightful!

Mind you, I'd be annoyed too if I made a point and everyone went "duh".
    Haha, that's exactly what it is. :D

Maybe, if you have all day to read and analyse every post. He might want to brush up on his quoting skills for the benefit of posters that don't spend every minute on boards.

What was wrong with my quoting skills?

This getting fun! Glad your "knickers are not in a twist"...was that an appropriate use of inverted commas?

Or people should read a not particularly long thread before leaping in with an assumption. Actually in this case, even reading just the opening post would have been sufficient.

Haha, that's exactly what it is. :D

It's just far too easy, confirming what I always suspect about those who advocate violence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

Just twice that I can remember, between the ages of 12 and 14. The first was a bully who was picking on me for a while and I eventually had enough and gave him a hiding. The second was a guy who I caught trying to steal my bike. I actually jumped off the shed with a flying kick and knocked him off the bike. This would have been during my Mortal Kombat playing days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭con___manx1

When I was in school my brother was getting bullied by two twats. I bet the crap out of one of them and got the other in the toilets one day I flused his head
    Down the toilet and also pushed his face into the pissss wall. They robbed my bros bike. The guy I flushed is into cage fighting now.

Or people should read a not particularly long thread before leaping in with an assumption. Actually in this case, even reading just the opening post would have been sufficient.

Why are you so worried that he was picked up wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Lingua Franca

When I was in school my brother was getting bullied by two twats. I bet the crap out of one of them and got the other in the toilets one day I flused his head
    Down the toilet and also pushed his face into the pissss wall. They robbed my bros bike. The guy I flushed is into cage fighting now.

You'd better watch out, sounds like he might be long term planning his revenge!

It's just far too easy, confirming what I always suspect about those who advocate violence.

Am I right in saying that in your opinion there is never a need for violence at all in any situation. That every conflict or altercation can be resolved verbally.

Don't get your knickers in a twist I am attacking the post and not the poster

It's more than a hurl you need it's a shot gun :)

• Advertisement

Obviously your mother was half mad(come to think of it,typing that sentence is a first for me) Anyway you have two choices. Dwell on it and use her as an excuse for all your behaviour or ,Man up, put it behind you and behave like a real man.

God I hate that 'man-up' phrase.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

No,why would i bother paying henchmen if I have to do the job myself?

Is it even more satisfying than beating your mum?

Surely not.

If I felt the need to beat someone with a hurley over turf, I'd analyse my relationship with turf rather than extoll how satisfying it was.

Like myself, he's a Laois man. We do love our turf

Like myself, he's a Laois man. We do love our turf

In Texas they love oil, in Russia it's natural gas, in Laois it Turf :)

• Site Banned Posts: 2 Pause D

Straighten somebody out as my Dad would say. At around 15 I turned on my mother, she beat myself and brother like pet dogs for years.

I got into throwing hands in college where I would go loco and kick the ****e out of some ****. However it would always be with a group though, The rare times The red mist descended and exploded and I acted alone I would always feel genuine guilt afterwards.

Beatin' your Ma ain't cool son.

• Advertisement
Advertisement