Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halloween

Options
13»

Comments

Any one got any original ideas for costumes?

I guess it depends on the context of where you will wear the costume. Not every costume will work in every setting :) Like the time I arrived at a party dressed as "inside out".

I have a really good relationship with my local butcher. Mainly because my monthly house party makes him more profit in a day than he normally gets in 2 weeks.

But while sitting around lighting some of the not commercially available incense that a few of my "students" have given me I joked with him that I would love to dress up as "inside out" at least one Halloween. And he actually started listing for me which organ from which animal would be the closest to being realistic - like heart from a pig - lungs from a cow - kidneys from a sheep and so on and so on.

So when a mate of mine threw a house party with fancy dress for Halloween once - I basically tightened on a whitish skin colored body sheet fitted and tied in against the body - and then stapled and sewed on the organs in generally the right places. And then stuck a mirror to my forehead. The effect being that whoever meets you will look into their own eyes and then down on an inside out body :)

A seriously weird outfit to walk in I have to tell you. But -

Probably not the way YOU want to go - but if you are artistic with a white sheet and a load of crayons you could do an "inside out" costume that would be pretty cool. The goal being that you would be the only one not to use an indefinite article like "a" or "an" at the party. When people ask "what are you here as" most people say "I am an..." or I am here as a....." but you can boast you are the only one at the party who does not need "a" or "an" and you just reply "I am inside out" :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 935 ✭✭✭Whitewinged

When the kids knock on the door and say "trick or treat?",say "trick" to them.

They look at you like your crazy. Its funny. Obviously you still give them the sweets. Risky game though in the event they take it serious and teepee your house :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,074 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Can't understand peoples fascination with it.
    :)

It's not a fascination, it's just a bit of fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭mawk

I'm gearing up this week alright.
    Big fan of fallout.
    Here is the helmet

http://imgur.com/MHeWB8m

Yes I'm one of those assholes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

mawk wrote: »
    I'm gearing up this week alright.
    Big fan of fallout.
    Here is the helmet

http://imgur.com/MHeWB8m

Yes I'm one of those assholes

Looks deadly!!! Fair play.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Straight Talker

Im not sure im imagining things but the build up to Halloween with regards to fireworks seemed to be a lot worse years ago.Before they would start in early September.There is about 2 weeks to go to Halloween and i have heard very few fireworks.Maybe it's the recession or maybe they are harder to buy but where i am it has been the quietest for years with regards to fireworks although i expect the intensity to be ratcheted up pretty soon.

Cork 1990 All Ireland Senior Hurling and Football Champions

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Optimalprimerib

Are you saying that this is a bad thing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

The clamp down on the illegal markets a few years back certainly had an effect. Thank goodness.

Are you saying that this is a bad thing?

Im saying it as a person enjoying the peace and quiet and who has cats who usually suffer badly at this time of year!Im just wondering is it the same in other parts of the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,410 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Now that you mention it it is rather quiet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,237 ✭✭✭✭endacl

kneemos wrote: »
    Now that you mention it it is rather quiet.

Fingers crossed for a month's worth of rain on the 31st.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭TheLastMohican

Now that the budgets done and the SOB case has been dealt with we can start to focus on what's really important.... Halloween!

Whats everyone doing for Halloween this year? Any one got any original ideas for costumes? Its only 3 weeks away now so time to start planning :D

I'm a bit early for it I know but I really like the Halloween night so I'm just looking forward to it :D.

It's just really good fun being able to have a laugh at yourself / mates and dressing up as something ridiculous that you wouldn't normally do.

A young wan from near Annascaul
    Wore The Kerryman as a dress to a ball -
    A Cork cunt in the foyer
    Soon burned her entire
    Front page, Sporting section and all!

1 day to go to Halloween and this has been the quietest with regards to fireworks in years.It used to be very bad in the years from 2000 to 2004.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Nocrac

Really want to go as a Lego Man but can't find a costume online, and wouldn't possess the artistic creativity to create one.

s :(

I thought I saw one onCostumeshop.ie.

Advertisement