Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halloween

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Film Fatale are doing another Prohibition Dance night at IMMA with a macabre theme. 1920 film horror all the way. I'll be the fat bald Bela Lugosi, tux'ed up and sipping a blood-orange Martini.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

I'm doing it frugally this year, a load of toilet roll wrapped around me, I'll be the Mummy ..

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

English rugby team for me. Instead of dressing up I'm just going out early

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

• Registered Users Posts: 11,060 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

No idea, but it woill ptobably involve ****loads of fireworks. It;;s also the rugby world cup final, so could be some cause for celebration if Ireland can pull it off....

http://www.morphsuits.co.uk/funny-block-guy-morph-costume

Ordered! Cheers for saving Halloween :D

Everything is awesome....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭XplaygirlX

murpho999 wrote:
    When did the Irish "Any apples or nuts' morph into the American "trick or treat'?

Years ago

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I'm ignoring it and pulling out the battery out of the bell.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

I'm ignoring it and pulling out the battery out of the bell.

Grinch!!!!

Oh wait:-0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Robsweezie wrote: »
    Grinch!!!!

Oh wait:-0

Can't understand peoples fascination with it.
    :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Turtle_

Putting on cat ears I got in penneys and handing out sweets to the kids. I actually love Halloween and giving out all the sweets and seeing all the kids dressed up. Always make an effort with the sweets, giving out party bags with crisps, haribos, smarties, chuppa chups, and a selection of American miniatures. Could never stand it as a kid when people gave fruit or nuts. Sure I had that at home!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

I always hide the sweets behind the door but leave a basket of fruit in full view. Reactions are hilarious.
    I am evil. Horribly horribly evil!

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,827 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

gramar wrote: »
    How would you go about dressing up as a plate of sausages and rashers?

I saw a mum dress her kid up as a breakfast roll for a St Paddy's Day parade, I sh*t you not.

Poor little bastard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭Stranger Danger

I was at a Charity Ball last year for Halloween.

It was kinda like what I'd imagine a novelty stripper convention to be like.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,827 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

I was at a Charity Ball last year for Halloween.

It was kinda like what I'd imagine a novelty stripper convention to be like.

Sexy nun, Sexy witch, Sexy Minion...but Sexy Donald Trump is just wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

A good friend is having his wedding on Halloween but ISN'T doing a costume reception. Missed trick imo. I'll be going as a divorce lawyer!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

Going to Halloween party for kids and parents this weekend. We're going as the Addams family (well morticia, Gomez and the baby). Not quite sure my 3yr old will let me draw on a moustache and eyebrows. Putting a lot of effort in, lots of sewing and props to buy.

Halloween night will be answering the door all night to trick or treaters but I enjoy that.

I just don't like when teenagers show up sheepishly holding a bag with no costume or just a mask. They're getting fruit!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭NachoBusiness

Scream 1 & 2 Halloween Party at the Lighthouse I suspect.

I'll be the one in the Michael Myers mask staring at the girls dressed as French Maids.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Lad's when you're disconnecting your doorbell make sure you know what you're doing. I made a right horlex of mine last year and the whole thing had to be replaced.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭Baron Kurtz

Lad's when you're disconnecting your doorbell make sure you know what you're doing. I made a right horlex of mine last year and the whole thing had to be replaced.

At least it didn't end up like what happened to poor Marge and Lisa.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭Crooked Jack

OldGoat wrote: »
    I always hide the sweets behind the door but leave a basket of fruit in full view. Reactions are hilarious.
    I am evil. Horribly horribly evil!

Take onion. Insert stick. slather in chocolate or toffee. Hand out to trick or treaters.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭Medusa22

Myself and the OH usually carve pumpkins, put on our Halloween costumes (I think we'll go as the nurses from Silent Hill or maybe one of us will be the Pyramid Man this year), and terrify the children that call to the door. To be fair, we do also give them a ridiculous amount of sweets, and then we get drunk and watch Halloween films. I'm inviting a friend over this time to join us in the festivities!

Medusa22 wrote: »
    Myself and the OH usually carve pumpkins, put on our Halloween costumes (I think we'll go as the nurses from Silent Hill or maybe one of us will be the Pyramid Man this year), and terrify the children that call to the door. To be fair, we do also give them a ridiculous amount of sweets, and then we get drunk and watch Halloween films. I'm inviting a friend over this time to join us in the festivities!

You're inviting "a friend" over to join you and the missus?

Trying to spice things up, are we?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Pumpkin spice!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭Medusa22

Unfortunately she's a-sexual, well, a girl can try! :pac:

Medusa22 wrote: »
    Unfortunately she's a-sexual, well, a girl can try! :pac:

Nobody is that asexual

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/silent/images/d/d4/SH_Movie_Nurses.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20120202105435

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭XplaygirlX

Can't understand peoples fascination with it.
    :)

It's for children really. And youngones to go out and get p!ssed. As for me, I'd much rather spend it with my 4 y/o son, bringing him trick or treating then comin home and playing games with him. Then when he's gone to bed, settle down with a drink, some food and watch a good horror film. My version of a perfect Halloween :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Notavirus.exe

Ever notice how Halloween starts in September and Christmas starts as soon as Halloween ends?

How times have changed.

Ever notice how Halloween starts in September and Christmas starts as soon as Halloween ends?

How times have changed.
    The Christmas market at Brown Thomas opened on August 20th, 2015 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

How times have changed.

I actually find that Christmas starts at the start of September and Halloween starts a few days into October

• Advertisement

Any one got any original ideas for costumes?

I guess it depends on the context of where you will wear the costume. Not every costume will work in every setting :) Like the time I arrived at a party dressed as "inside out".

I have a really good relationship with my local butcher. Mainly because my monthly house party makes him more profit in a day than he normally gets in 2 weeks.

But while sitting around lighting some of the not commercially available incense that a few of my "students" have given me I joked with him that I would love to dress up as "inside out" at least one Halloween. And he actually started listing for me which organ from which animal would be the closest to being realistic - like heart from a pig - lungs from a cow - kidneys from a sheep and so on and so on.

So when a mate of mine threw a house party with fancy dress for Halloween once - I basically tightened on a whitish skin colored body sheet fitted and tied in against the body - and then stapled and sewed on the organs in generally the right places. And then stuck a mirror to my forehead. The effect being that whoever meets you will look into their own eyes and then down on an inside out body :)

A seriously weird outfit to walk in I have to tell you. But -

Probably not the way YOU want to go - but if you are artistic with a white sheet and a load of crayons you could do an "inside out" costume that would be pretty cool. The goal being that you would be the only one not to use an indefinite article like "a" or "an" at the party. When people ask "what are you here as" most people say "I am an..." or I am here as a....." but you can boast you are the only one at the party who does not need "a" or "an" and you just reply "I am inside out" :)

Advertisement