Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My God, it's full of stars!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭Keeks

I've done the new TR ramp test for my latest two FTP

You can do the ramp test n Zwift too......GP lama has done a workout for it and can be found on https://whatsonzwift.com ..... there is actually some other good workouts here too if you havent seen this before...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

Keeks wrote: »
    You can do the ramp test n Zwift too......GP lama has done a workout for it and can be found on https://whatsonzwift.com ..... there is actually some other good workouts here too if you havent seen this before...

Thanks, those FTP tests also use the free ride functionality. Will just go back to my old approach!

Week back in work and not been a good week for training. Doing a local park run in the morning to baseline the running. Technical enough course but will give it a lash. A lad from work doing it as well, he is also doing IM Cork and we work very closely together, former inter-county Dublin hurler and definitely some competition going on. Should be fun. Other than that a spin planned for the weekend and a swim tonight.

Hurler dude bailed. First park run 21.10

Sh1t but a marker.
    181 bpm avg, 87 max

Left hip flexor a limiter from hitting expected avg and max but at best would have be 20 sec.

Need to get that sorted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭Kurt.Godel

tunney wrote: »
    Sh1t but a marker.

Sh1t, good, bad, indifferent... good to see any sort of marker up here. That's what you did today and kudos for it; onwards and upwards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭El Director

Kurt.Godel wrote: »
    Sh1t, good, bad, indifferent... good to see any sort of marker up here. That's what you did today and kudos for it; onwards and upwards.

+1

Disaster of a week. Some sort of a flu, into what I can only call exercise induced nosebleeds. Effort goes up, nose bleeds, session over. Fvcking annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭peter kern

Disaster of a week. Some sort of a flu, into what I can only call exercise induced nosebleeds. Effort goes up, nose bleeds, session over. Fvcking annoying.

I have that too from time to time ( the nosebleed) I just keep going at slight slower pace and put a bit of tissue in nose. ( I guess that's why like Ireland as it happens much more frequently at dry air...)

Cheers for that Peter. Good to know that it is not just me. Seems to have cleared up now mind.

Although healthy I am missing the motivation. Something just isn't there. Is it something bigger than tri that's causing it? I just don't know.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Cheers for that Peter. Good to know that it is not just me. Seems to have cleared up now mind.

Although healthy I am missing the motivation. Something just isn't there. Is it something bigger than tri that's causing it? I just don't know.

Is Tri what you actually want to do... or are doing it because that is what you know?

• Advertisement

mloc123 wrote: »
    Is Tri what you actually want to do... or are doing it because that is what you know?

More than tri I suppose, more of a general lack of Joie de vivre I suppose.

i would suggest break it down into smaller things

work first on getting 5 k time down and actually enjoy training rather than entering a race which you think will make you train for it .

mlocs question is a good one because at the end of the day it will never be as it was ,and being pissed off with the current numbers or missed training is not going to help. at the same time being a bit fitter is always a good thing .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OArKXKj5PeU

I watched this recently... it put things in perspective, a decade and all that goes with it (marriage, kids, job etc..) has a big impact on priorities.
    Over the last few years I would not even start a race, what was the point... my times and performance would be nowhere near my 2010/11 season. I think at some point you need to just re-evaluate what you want from it all.

New month, time to get some training in. Work nuts and will remain so will need to work on time management and work life balance....

Some goals for February

3ilgzoH.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

Rough guesstimates that equates 15.5 hours a week.

Over ambitious to the point of being counter productive??

BTH wrote: »
    Rough guesstimates that equates 15.5 hours a week.

Over ambitious to the point of being counter productive??

Cycling includes commuting time so single digits once that is out :)

F**k it, fractured my toe.

F**k it, fractured my toe.

Sh1te Dave. How did that happen? How was training going?

Training was returning to decent ish.

I was tired and going to bed and stubbed my toe hard on the point of a wooden door frame. Idiot thing to do!

I was tired and going to bed and stubbed my toe hard on the point of a wooden door frame. Idiot thing to do!

Tape it up, you'll be grand ;)

• Advertisement

Ouch! That was unfortunate. Good luck with the recovery!

Few days away there with Tango and JackyBack

510 km of riding with 7470m vertical in 20.5 hours

Few drinks, some good good and some running and swimming.

Good craic. Just need to keep it up.

"You don't know man, you weren't there."

one of my favorite race repeorts ever straight to the point

i have only one question will you go back next year?

peter kern wrote: »
    one of my favorite race repeorts ever straight to the point

i have only one question will you go back next year?

No. I would not.

The bike course is the problem for me. The roads are too narrow, the surface too bad. There are bohereens for bits (albeit hollywood style bohereens rather than Brazilian ones). People had to ride on the crown of the road, hard to over take.
    The descents usually were sharp, short and ended in a hard right so was frustrating.

Road was grand and so would have been the swim, volunteers and support were excellent but also a pattern of short cost avoidance measures that bothered me too.

So no. However I am glad that I did the inaugural, and possibly penultimate, Ironman Cork.

Since Cork I've managed a 10, 20 and 30 minute run. Patella tendons still quite sore.

Two turbos and the usual 20km a day cycling.

Stiff and sore to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

Hang in there it and I hope your feeling better soon

do you strap the knee I found that helped untill it was fully healed get your self to physio if needed though

Baby75 wrote: »
    Hang in there it and I hope your feeling better soon

do you strap the knee I found that helped untill it was fully healed get your self to physio if needed though

On the patella tendons I tend to avoid doing anything until they are right. I know what I need to do to avoid getting tendinosis/Tendinitis and to shift the pain.

I'm sure I'll return to no suffering and issues soon!

My wife was away last week so couldn't post until now......

I was cycling to work last Tuesday and a pedestrian stepped out in front of me without looking. I braked hard and swerved and i *think* I didn't connect, certainly not hard if I did. However I went down hard enough and in the middle of the road. Car following behind me whacked me in the back of the head with (guess here) its bumper. Needless to say I did not get back up.

Helmet dead but it did its work.

Nothing broken, elbow sore (very), neck and back fecked and a concussion. Off work and in bed since (mostly).

Ah well, still alive!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,902 ✭✭✭woody1

bloody hell, :eek:

good luck with recovery

Advertisement