Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Caterpillar Jacket(MandMDirect)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭shot2go

mine just arrived, very impressed. great quality jacket. ordered a xl for a pressie for my OH. i got an awful lot for 62euro

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

shot2go wrote: »
    mine just arrived, very impressed. great quality jacket. ordered a xl for a pressie for my OH. i got an awful lot for 62euro

How big is the XL? (Stupid question) But is it Massive, or is it more of a normal Large?

(MandMdirect website says different than Amazon)

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭shot2go

normal large, i tried it on myself and it would be about the same size as all the other large - xl jackets he has. its lovely and warm!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Although mine arrived it was a gift for my mother to give to me at Christmas and delivered to her so I cannot comment on the size yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Samuri Suicide

Just arrived. V impressed for £20.00!! (I live in UK) It is good quality and warm.

For the sizing I am normally an XL and I went XXL for this and its a perfect fit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭Cunning Stunt

hmmm from the last few posts, it seems like they are sized a bit small.I hope the one I sent my Dad fits him :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

On the irish site, I ordered one for my Oh and one from the kids section for my son, they arrived this morning, the two of them will be toasty in the morning, fine warm jackets they are.

My oh half usually wears a medium and his fits perfect, my son in 7 to I got 8 to 9, and his is fine and big - should get next winter out of it.

Thanks Beer baron, a few brownie points earned for me in the run up to christmas.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 875 ✭✭✭mean gene

im a medium but ordered a large and the large fits me perfectly -nice jacket

I had a website site issue with M&MDirect.co.uk and ended up with 3 of the same Jacket(different Jacket). I don't have them, they have supposedly shipped(although Couriers are still waiting since Sunday) but I have been charged for 3 Jackets. :D

Now, even though I posted this offer, I'm slightly annoyed at them getting business through my good word of mouth because their customer service has been dire since Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

Beer Baron wrote: »
    I had a website site issue with M&MDirect.co.uk and ended up with 3 of the same Jacket(different Jacket). I don't have them, they have supposedly shipped(although Couriers are still waiting since Sunday) but I have been charged for 3 Jackets. :D

Now, even though I posted this offer, I'm slightly annoyed at them getting business through my good word of mouth because their customer service has been dire since Monday.

If one of them happens to be double xl I'll happily swap for an xl. Xl fits but is a little snug.

• Advertisement

If one of them happens to be double xl I'll happily swap for an xl. Xl fits but is a little snug.

Not a caterpillar jacket though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,930 ✭✭✭dodzy

Mine arrived today. Never any issues with m&m until today. First off, ordered a medium, and got a medium. Size is goog so don't know what previous posts are about relating to them being undersized.

That said, zip don't work, and left hood cord broken. A few loose threads here and there. I just have this feeling that even though the label and tags say CAT, it just is not of the usual CAT quality. So, wrapped it up for the long road to returnsville:(

Bugger.

Seems I have two in DPD Athlone and one on the way to Belfast. So for €4.99 vs £4.50 the Irish stuff gets here quicker.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Mine was a bigger size/fit than I expected - but not as full/puffy as I was hoping for. Still happy enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

same as above poster went for xl. obviously my fault not theirs but lovely jacket and will be fairly handy for he snowy months :eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 875 ✭✭✭mean gene

dodzy wrote: »
    Mine arrived today. Never any issues with m&m until today. First off, ordered a medium, and got a medium. Size is goog so don't know what previous posts are about relating to them being undersized.

That said, zip don't work, and left hood cord broken. A few loose threads here and there. I just have this feeling that even though the label and tags say CAT, it just is not of the usual CAT quality. So, wrapped it up for the long road to returnsville:(

Bugger.

read review on it and a lot of people mentioned the zip-mine is grand for 30 euro you cant go wrong

mean gene wrote: »
    read review on it and a lot of people mentioned the zip-mine is grand for 30 euro you cant go wrong
    Just onto them. It'lll cost 20 quid to send back with an post. They will refund postage cost if item is faulty, and either refund or replace. Might give them another go as I quite like it. That said, I'm still confident that they are 2nds at best. Definitely not the finish you would expect from a premium brand.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Seems I have two in DPD Athlone and one on the way to Belfast. So for €4.99 vs £4.50 the Irish stuff gets here quicker.

I went uk aswell, the price difference was too much to ignore. They have a 24.99 jackey for 34.99 euro so can't justif it. I'll be happy if the gear is in new condition.

dodzy wrote: »
    Just onto them. It'lll cost 20 quid to send back with an post. They will refund postage cost if item is faulty, and either refund or replace. Might give them another go as I quite like it. That said, I'm still confident that they are 2nds at best. Definitely not the finish you would expect from a premium brand.

Get them to email you a pre paid label and you use parcel motel costing €4.50. Basically parcel motel hand it to the Royal Mail with a collect + barcode, you stick to the box, and job done. That's how I'm sending something back to them soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭bars

Received jacket yesterday(DPD delivered).
    Lovely jacket and size L is size L.

• Advertisement

Get them to email you a pre paid label and you use parcel motel costing €4.50. Basically parcel motel hand it to the Royal Mail with a collect + barcode, you stick to the box, and job done. That's how I'm sending something back to them soon.
    Cheers for the info BB; good to know for any potential future issues. The CS agent never mentioned that as an option when I asked her this morning. Only that I was to email them a cost for the reg'd parcel and they would refund me.

Different jacket, similar issue in that I've stuff to go back to them. Three identical jackets(their stupid website) turned up, two by dpd and one parcel motel.

Pm couldn't stop/refuse the package so I can do a return with them using the collect+ option so I will bill mandm €3.50 plus €4.50 to return it.

I told the DPD man to return one so my tracking now says "Parcel Rejected" "At Depot" and I kept the one jacket I actually wanted. Easier to reject the parcel than going to the trouble of resenting it, also costs me nothing.

Hopefully all goes well because I have been charged for all the jackets and shipping individually of course.

got one of these in xxl but wasnt expecting a hood so if anyone wants it for cost price
    (31.50) let me know

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭breathn

Thanks OP. The jacket is keeping me nice and warm.

Though I'm convinced that MandM are selling seconds. There's lots of thread unraveled on my one, and the internal pockets are so flimsey that they've already torn. I expected CAT stuff to be tough :)

I can fix those things with a bit of needle and thread work though and still have a warm jacket for a great price, but I don't think it will hold together for the rest of the season at this rate ;)

Ordered mine late (9th), but thought it would have been here by now.
    I just checked my email and it turns out i missed the email where they wanted my date of birth/address/chosen address etc..

Received another email two days ago
    Dear Mr ********* ,
    Thank you for your recent order. We're sorry, but we've been unable to process your payment, so unfortunately your order has had to be cancelled.

If you'd like to replace re-order please visit mandmdirect.com, or give us a call on [URL="tel:0871%20664%201333"]0871 664 1333[/URL]*
    We're proud to be different, we're on sale 365 days a year. Offering you the biggest
    brands at the lowest prices, every day.

Yours sincerely,
    The MandM Direct team

So, my order has been cancelled. Does anyone know how long it should take for the money to go back into my account?

Allyall wrote: »
    Ordered mine late (9th), but thought it would have been here by now.
    I just checked my email and it turns out i missed the email where they wanted my date of birth/address/chosen address etc..

Received another email two days ago

So, my order has been cancelled. Does anyone know how long it should take for the money to go back into my account?

Still have my xxl for sale if you're interested.

Thanks. I found a similar Craghoppers for €35. so going to go for that.

Thanks though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Allyall wrote: »
    Thanks. I found a similar Craghoppers for €35. so going to go for that.

Thanks though.

Got a link to that? Or was it on the high street?

Tinie wrote: »
    Got a link to that? Or was it on the high street?

It's Gone. :(:(

I waited too feckin long. I'm going to see if it comes back at a similar (But i'm not going to wait long :o).

It's on thehut.

The black one in the middle on the bottom, I was going to post it, but the price/offer changed. For the rest of the jackets, it's a better offer.
    http://i.imgur.com/WqxH8O2.jpg

They have changed the code, and with it changed the price. It must have been a misprice. Gone up to €51 now which is still okay, considering i had missed the caterpillar jacket anyway and was paying €38 + €3.50 (or €7) on ParcelMotel.

Might still get it.

There is other jackets available, i just wasn't mad on them. The only ones i like are the Craghoppers.

THEHUT 25% OFF JACKETS WITH CODE THGW25

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭septicsac

Got my Cat the other day, well pleased, no strings, no issues with zips and looks a quality jacket.

Advertisement