Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Caterpillar Jacket(MandMDirect)

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,930 ✭✭✭dodzy

septicsac wrote: »
    Got my Cat the other day, well pleased, no strings, no issues with zips and looks a quality jacket.

Happy for you, but there is no way on earth that these are "Class A" CAT product. Not a chance in hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭craggy2

• Registered Users Posts: 17,978 ✭✭✭✭rob316

craggy2 wrote: »

Sweet thanks, what sizing like on this folks?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

I went xtra large and it is prob that bit too big but great jacket all the same

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

craggy2 wrote: »
    rob316 wrote: »
    Sweet thanks, what sizing like on this folks?

Thanks
    shot2go wrote: »
    normal large, i tried it on myself and it would be about the same size as all the other large - xl jackets he has. its lovely and warm!

Looks like its the same price for item & delivery when converted from both sites £23.98 v €30 approx

http://www.mandmdirect.com/01/details/CT427/Caterpillar-Mens-Puffa-Jacket-Black

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I bought Large and I'm Large-XL and if fits nicely. It's really warm. It's my default "It's very cold out" Jacket.

I've said it before, but for anybody contemplating purchase, just be aware that you ARE NOT going to get regular Caterpillar quality with this jacket. For the money, it's not bad I suppose, but for those of you out there that have worn Cat stuff before, you will cop the difference immediately.

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭K.C

Just ordered one,cheers OP.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I got 1 of the jackets for my father in law for Christmas, he's out in all weather and locations, he swears by the jacket, keeps him bone dry and he hasn't ripped it yet even though he's constantly going through ditches and places like that. I just picked 1 up for myself, I'll just leave it in the boot of the car as a backup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Good bargain, thanks, ordered one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

Beer Baron wrote: »
    I bought Large and I'm Large-XL and if fits nicely. It's really warm. It's my default "It's very cold out" Jacket.
    What ber rating would you give it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭Invincible

Cape Clear wrote: »
    What ber rating would you give it?

Sure that would be Tog :)

I'd give it a ber rating of "Jesus, tis grand and warm". A tog rating of a 14.5 I'd say. Happy out with mine.

It's not the most attractive of jackets and wear a tracksuit with it and you might need an asbo but its a good jacket.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭Cunning Stunt

dodzy wrote: »
    I've said it before, but for anybody contemplating purchase, just be aware that you ARE NOT going to get regular Caterpillar quality with this jacket. For the money, it's not bad I suppose, but for those of you out there that have worn Cat stuff before, you will cop the difference immediately.

Are they cheap knockoffs then, or how does it work - and does it apply to all brands on the site? I bought a karrimor winter jacket from them not so long ago. Thought it was a good deal..but the arms seem a little short and one of the buttons popped within 2 days of wearing. Sending it back would just leave me further out of pocket...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

The inside of mine just fell apart.. :(

Still a warm jacket though. I might gt it repaired for < €5.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭septicsac

Are they cheap knockoffs then, or how does it work - and does it apply to all brands on the site? I bought a karrimor winter jacket from them not so long ago. Thought it was a good deal..but the arms seem a little short and one of the buttons popped within 2 days of wearing. Sending it back would just leave me further out of pocket...

Cant speak for all the jackets, but more than happy with mine, albeit not worn it a whole lot. When I have it has not fallen apart, no strings/threads and really is a warm jacket - more than happy with it , especially for the money and as far as I am concerned I have gotten the usual Cat customer satisfaction. Would suspect that there is a catch though, no way the CAt gear can be this cheap - I would suspect 2nds/slightly imperfect jackets, with some obviously worse than others....just my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭breathn

This jacket is decently warm for sure, but [EDIT] I would expect sturdier quality for anything stamped with CAT.
    It arrived with the inside pocket ripped, and within a few days the whole inside of the pocket is in tatters.

Things like how incredibly thin and fragile the pocket material is gives it away, and the very light stitching holding that together.

I notice a few threads coming lose elsewhere on the outside, I hope it holds together because it is nice and warm!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

breathn wrote: »
    This jacket is decently warm for sure, but there's no way in heck it's a legitimate CAT jacket.
    They are legit, but they are 'Outlet' legit.
    Be careful trying to tell people on here that Outlet versions aren't nearly as good as in store versions, I tried and it led to my telling them being drowned out, and People taking offense to finding it out.
    (Apparently the Kildare Outlet sells 'real' clothes, It's just all the other outlets that sell cráp) :rolleyes:.

As for Karrimor, mentioned above, they (Along with Donnay, Slazenger, Dunlop, Everlast, Kangol and Lonsdale) are owned by Sportsdirect, and there shouldn't be a huge difference unless it was one of their more expensive products.. :confused:. They all sell on SportsDirect website for the same price, without 'imperfections'.
    If buying any of those, just go to the SportsDirect site, MandM seem to be for the discarded stuff.

Elverys may become part of the Sportsdirect group soon.

I returned one way back (ordered immediately after OP ), because zip was fecked. Got a replacement. Still holding together but not CAT quality. Nowhere near. The price is generally a good indicator. You're not going to get a genuine padded CAT hoodie for less than €30 anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,978 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Got jacket yesterday, I echo what others have said no way is it CAT quality or else CAT stuff is gone very poor. Loose threads all over the jacket and the pockets feel very flimsy. Don't think they are knockoff just factory seconds is my guess.
    For €29 including postage im fairly happy though, its a very comfortable jacket. I'll be pleased if I get a year out of it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭col.in.Cr

rob316 wrote: »
    Got jacket yesterday, I echo what others have said no way is it CAT quality or else CAT stuff is gone very poor. Loose threads all over the jacket and the pockets feel very flimsy. Don't think they are knockoff just factory seconds is my guess.
    For €29 including postage im fairly happy though, its a very comfortable jacket. I'll be pleased if I get a year out of it.

Got one yesterday,that sums it up perfectly

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Callanutd

Just got mine, will do nicely for the price. Bought it to wear standing on cold sidelines Saturdays and Sundays. Like above if I get the rest of the year out of it then its well worth it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I got mine today, for 20 odd yoyos it's brilliant, nice and warm, just throw it in the car for when you're caught needing a jacket.

Clareman wrote: »
    I got mine today, for 20 odd yoyos it's brilliant, nice and warm, just throw it in the car for when you're caught needing a jacket.

Like today. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Got mine today, happy with it. Quality is decent, and its seriously warm.

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭K.C

Got mine also. For the price I'm delighted with it, very warm. I was glad of it this morning when I was walking the dog. :)

Beer Baron wrote: »
    Like today. :p

I got a notice that there was a package in reception for me, normally I wouldn't bother until I'd be going home but I knew what it was and I knew it'd be handy for going to lunch, ooooh how I was glad of it

Advertisement