Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Strokestown **Mod Note in Post #4461**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭JCJCJC

I fully agree. And he deserved to be evicted

However, you cannot hire loyalist henchmen to enforce a court order

You hire a licensed security company.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭blueythebear

JCJCJC wrote: »
    You hire a licensed security company.

As i understand it... the company was hired by the sheriff. I presume that the sheriff confirmed that they were licensed appropriately considering the same crowd had been used by the sheriff before

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

I didn’t shoot No Deputy !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,743 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Big sheds will open Nov12.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

As i understand it... the company was hired by the sheriff. I presume that the sheriff confirmed that they were licensed appropriately considering the same crowd had been used by the sheriff before

You don't need a PSA to work for the sheriff.

You don't need a PSA to work for the sheriff.

Which is why i used the phrase "appropriately licensed"... that said, the fact of whether the persons that were attacked were actually psa licensed has never been confirmed either way.

Either way, the eviction was carried out appropriately. Physical force had to be used because those individuals present would not leave despite a high court order. The status of the security guys is a side issue totally.

mgn wrote: »
    I agree 100% with you, i just feel sorry for the brother and sister that lived there all of their lives being thrown out because the other brother dident pay his debts.
    I think if i was in the same boat, i might not go to easy either.

The sister only stayed there occasionally.

Was anyone ever arrested after all the carry on??

Nov12 should give us a few answers,

• Advertisement

Nov12 should give us a few answers,

No it wont. You think anyone is going charging in there once they are in breach of the order? Itll be ack to the high court for the bank to have anyone in the property arrested first. That will be in the new year unless the bank plan on another PR disaster by removing people close to christmas

There was a handful of arrests around the country and files sent to the dpp

No it wont. You think anyone is going charging in there once they are in breach of the order? Itll be ack to the high court for the bank to have anyone in the property arrested first. That will be in the new year unless the bank plan on another PR disaster by removing people close to christmas

Hmmmmmm...... surely we will get a few answers?

Maybe the big sheds might give up a few insights.

Didn't the gardai seize a cattle truck and a teleporter used by the thugs who attacked the security men - did they ever give them back to their owners?

Hmmmmmm...... surely we will get a few answers?

Maybe the big sheds might give up a few insights.

Given your obsession with big sheds, what do you believe will be the insights provided by those sheds?

Given your obsession with big sheds, what do you believe will be the insights provided by those sheds?

Obsession..... bit of hyperbole there, my friend.

Not sure, but I see you have a gathering of ‘thanks lice’ around your posts.

Perhaps they might have some insight.

Seem very elaborate constructions rather incongruous with their surroundings eh?

Anaway... let’s see on Nov 12.

• Advertisement

Obsession..... bit of hyperbole there, my friend.

Not sure, but I see you have a gathering of ‘thanks lice’ around your posts.

Perhaps they might have some insight.

Seem very elaborate constructions rather incongruous with their surroundings eh?

Anaway... let’s see on Nov 12.

Not being familiar with the property, i wouldnt know. What is so elaborate about the constructions?

There appears to be a recent judgment on the issue from Allen J in the high court which sheds a little light on the eviction..

https://beta.courts.ie/view/judgments/5a8b840b-f6c4-41bd-a377-303aa2fddb34/f11945fc-918e-47cb-862a-e4b397aca7c7/2019_IEHC_667_1pdf/pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭SilverKrest

pablo128 wrote: »
    Please explain to us what would happen if everyone who took out a loan didn't pay it back.

In your own time.

The bank would ask the government to bail it out and then the tax payer would end up paying for it

The bank would ask the government to bail it out and then the tax payer would end up paying for it

And interest rates would increase so as to make mortgages completely unsffordable for everyone. Nobody could buy a property so everyone would have to rent, with rents increasing to unaffordable levels.

We are already seeing this happen to a degree, partly due to defaults but also due to banks inability to recover their security when chancers like the strokestown family choose not to pay and try to do everything to frustrate the bank.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭armaghlad

And interest rates would increase so as to make mortgages completely unsffordable for everyone. Nobody could buy a property so everyone would have to rent, with rents increasing to unaffordable levels.

We are already seeing this happen to a degree, partly due to defaults but also due to banks inability to recover their security when chancers like the strokestown family choose not to pay and try to do everything to frustrate the bank.
    Why did the bank lend to chancers in the first place?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Raconteuse

Hatrickpatrick with his "everyone should be free" schtick endorsing violence I see.

People who brazenly avail of a service yet don't pay for it despite agreeing to, are scum. And those who are blinded by "socking it to The Man" nonsense wouldn't be so understanding if they were self employed and had to chase up money they're owed.

And someone asked where's the compassion - are they for real? Compassion for what? Some folk - well meaning in fairness - think that anyone who is pursued by the debt collectors, bailiffs etc is a poor victim who ran into trouble and are trying their best but the cruel debt recovery machine doesn't care.

Reality check: the above is not correct. Pay no attention to the gutter press and the populist mobs.

There are two categories: can't pay and won't pay. The "can't pay" folk are those who have run into financial difficulty and are trying their best. I have compassion for them - most people do. Despite the populist narrative, bank workers and customer service advisors are just ordinary folk too. They have families and friends - they have bills to pay. Like anyone, they don't want someone to be suffering the anxiety that goes with financial struggle. So they set up payment plans for them.

Eviction does not occur until long, long after the arrears start to accumulate. Many many many reminders through letters and phone calls. To the "won't pays". It's unhelpful, scaremongering rubbish to pretend that a person or family who has fallen on hard times but trying their best, will be evicted, or have their electricity or heating cut off.

There's a third category too - those who fall in between. They have fallen on hard times but they won't engage with their creditors. You have to though. It's not nice but it's better to get a payment plan than leave it build (the creditor can't be expected to just know that they're not a "won't pay").

The people in this case have been given ample chance to engage, to come to an alternative arrangement. They have chosen to view themselves as being above everyone else and not liable for what they owe. That isn't "the downtrodden" - that is beyond arrogant. They are self entitled freeloaders and so are their mob. They chose the path that would have consequences, and now they're pretending to be hard done by because those consequences are now a reality. **** 'em.

armaghlad wrote: »

Ah yes. Blame the banks... sure its their own fault because they forced this poor farmer to take out the loan. Personal responsibility seems to not be an issue to some

armaghlad wrote: »

When something is used as collateral they usually feel it’s a safe bet.

When something is used as collateral they usually feel it’s a safe bet.

There are some counties in Ireland now, mainly above the Galway-Dublin line, where mainstream lenders won't issue new residential mortgages, because the security is unenforceable thanks to the vigilantes, and/or weak and scared-off sheriffs. That leaves only the sub-prime lenders who charge higher rates to everyone, so the good payers in effect pay for the delinquents. It's reflected ultimately in property prices.
    Be careful who you vote for...

Raconteuse wrote: »
    Hatrickpatrick with his "everyone should be free" schtick endorsing violence I see.

People who brazenly avail of a service yet don't pay for it despite agreeing to, are scum. And those who are blinded by "socking it to The Man" nonsense wouldn't be so understanding if they were self employed and had to chase up money they're owed.

And someone asked where's the compassion - are they for real? Compassion for what? Some folk - well meaning in fairness - think that anyone who is pursued by the debt collectors, bailiffs etc is a poor victim who ran into trouble and are trying their best but the cruel debt recovery machine doesn't care.

Reality check: the above is not correct. Pay no attention to the gutter press and the populist mobs.

There are two categories: can't pay and won't pay. The "can't pay" folk are those who have run into financial difficulty and are trying their best. I have compassion for them - most people do. Despite the populist narrative, bank workers and customer service advisors are just ordinary folk too. They have families and friends - they have bills to pay. Like anyone, they don't want someone to be suffering the anxiety that goes with financial struggle. So they set up payment plans for them.

Eviction does not occur until long, long after the arrears start to accumulate. Many many many reminders through letters and phone calls. To the "won't pays". It's unhelpful, scaremongering rubbish to pretend that a person or family who has fallen on hard times but trying their best, will be evicted, or have their electricity or heating cut off.

There's a third category too - those who fall in between. They have fallen on hard times but they won't engage with their creditors. You have to though. It's not nice but it's better to get a payment plan than leave it build (the creditor can't be expected to just know that they're not a "won't pay").

The people in this case have been given ample chance to engage, to come to an alternative arrangement. They have chosen to view themselves as being above everyone else and not liable for what they owe. That isn't "the downtrodden" - that is beyond arrogant. They are self entitled freeloaders and so are their mob. They chose the path that would have consequences, and now they're pretending to be hard done by because those consequences are now a reality. **** 'em.

That is an excellent post which lays out in a fair and balanced way the way some folk are ‘ gaming ‘ the system big time.

Those who support these tossers are just as guilty and instead of supporting them they should stay out of stuff that is not their own business.

I fully support the posters point of view.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,510 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/courts/district-court/former-garda-in-eviction-case-says-he-would-require-1m-to-appear-in-court-again-1.4060496?mode=amp

This one of the lads at the eviction providing 'advice'?

All these idiots do is cause more problems for naive and vunerable people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,392 ✭✭✭facehugger99

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/courts/district-court/former-garda-in-eviction-case-says-he-would-require-1m-to-appear-in-court-again-1.4060496?mode=amp

Touch of the Freeman about him.

Touch of the Freeman about him.

Shows one the type one is dealing with.

These tools need to be cleared out.

Probably told by the Freemen that he’ll get a fool’s pardon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

ding ding round 2

This should become an Annual Event at this time of year to help us get through the Winter .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

kbc should call in this crowd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

still want to known about the other brother and his house(s)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭jay0109

Still nothing paid since 2014

Not knowing is more fun . It’ll make a better Movie .

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Fritzbox

Are the original owners/"evictees" now, by legal definition, breaking and entering the property? Is it now a matter for the Guards?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭pablo128

Fritzbox wrote: »
    Are the original owners/"evictees" now, by legal definition, breaking and entering the property? Is it now a matter for the Guards?

I think it is a matter for the guards now, whereas before it was not.

Tis a cold night . I hope they brought heavy coats with them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,117 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

Folks... Where is Ben Gilroy... Surely he is the only man that can save us now...

Folks... Where is Ben Gilroy... Surely he is the only man that can save us now...

Is he not in the chokey?

Any news from the big sheds at the back?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,154 ✭✭✭Jeff2

Isn't that the woman that went off the rails on Facebook when the eviction happened.?

I won't repeat what she said but she went quite then.

Jeff2 wrote: »
    Isn't that the woman that went off the rails on Facebook when the eviction happened.?

I won't repeat what she said but she went quite then.

Nurse......... NURSE.......... SHES OUT AGAIN:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,117 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

jay0109 wrote: »
    Still nothing paid since 2014

Incredible to think people feel sorry for them, the vast majority of the country went out in the pissing rain this morning to pay there mortgages, bills ect..

Here is a land owner with assets to pay off his debts but won't because of stubbornness and freeman bull****.... And apparently some fella on YouTube that reckons money doesn't exist.... Or something

The biggest mistake the bank made was getting a group of heavies down from the North especially when they consider themselves British , this is something that won't end well as a result

Incredible to think people feel sorry for them, the vast majority of the country went out in the pissing rain this morning to pay there mortgages, bills ect..

Here is a land owner with assets to pay off his debts but won't because of stubbornness and freeman bull****.... And apparently some fella on YouTube that reckons money doesn't exist.... Or something

The biggest mistake the bank made was getting a group of heavies down from the North especially when they consider themselves British , this is something that won't end well as a result

It has to be brought to a successful conclusion, to protect those who actually pay their debts, otherwise it’s anarchy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

If the bank gain possession of the house again they should bulldoze it immediately to stop this ****e continuing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭pablo128

gandalf wrote: »
    If the bank gain possession of the house again they should bulldoze it immediately to stop this ****e continuing.

I was only saying the same thing to a lad in work today . Flatten it to fcuk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,183 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

get irish professionals to feck them out and i'll be happy enough. hiring criminals wasn't the best idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Nevin Parsnipp

Not a lot happen's in Strokestown ....so this is an opportunity for the locals to do a bit of Buckleppin and show them up in Dublin that they can't do what they like.

Bad idea to hire the Nordies to carry out the eviction...could scupper the whole deal.

Good few folks these days seem to think that you can borrow money without having to pay it back...so this will be an interesting test case .

get irish professionals to feck them out and i'll be happy enough. hiring criminals wasn't the best idea.

When wasit ever said that the eviction team were criminals? There have been claims that they were unlicensed but there is no evidence either way being reported on.

Fact is, that no irish security team will evict people because of the "house for free" brigade.

• Advertisement
Advertisement