Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EPH Ember

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭KingCong

rameire wrote: »
    New update and app is back working.

Is this working for everyone? Still on the old version (before last week's updates) and don't want to update to a broken app.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭vkus6mt3y8zg2q

KingCong wrote: »
    Is this working for everyone? Still on the old version (before last week's updates) and don't want to update to a broken app.

Update fixed it for me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭dar_cool

Update is working ok for me too on Android

• Subscribers Posts: 48 AnneRyan

Mine is down again ! Coming back from holiday soon so want to heat up house, the whole reason I bought it for! Can't open app at all today.

AnneRyan wrote: »
    Mine is down again ! Coming back from holiday soon so want to heat up house, the whole reason I bought it for! Can't open app at all today.

It's working for me on the latest app but still as buggy as ever (actions like temp changes or turning zones on/off taking multiple attempts before they take effect).

• Advertisement

I take it all back! I had a powercut today at home that's why nothing was working. App came back on its own when power was restored

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭hotshots85

Anybody know if, on a 3 zone EPH RF kit, you can programme one thermostat to control 2 zones?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 czikago

Hi. during pairing eph controller with gateway I dont get any r1,r2 or r3 any ideas? The same story after resetting.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,126 ✭✭✭rameire

anybody having issues with the app in the last 12 hours.
    my app is showing as if it is connected.
    but my readings are off on the app, compared to the standalone and main controller readouts.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

Mine working fine except no need to use it in the summer as have combi boiler. Winter coming, hope I remember how to use it.!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,126 ✭✭✭rameire

app started reading correct figures again last night at midnight.
    Thankfully its just hot water its used for at the moment. 3 months without the heating on.
    the mean temp is going to drop from the 27th onwards so wont be long till the heating is back on.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭dnme

I invested in this system 2 years ago. I likes the fact that this was Irish, and had high hopes that they would get to grips with the app in terms of usability and function. Unfortunately not.

I would like to see the following
    1. Get rid of the WiFi relay device. Why the hell isnt this built into the thermostat as an option at least.
    2. A major overhaul of the app to make it far easier to use and understand.
    3. Useful functions such as being able to tell the app to maintain a certain temp in a certain zone for a period of time.
    4. Usage Reporting.
    5. Behaviour learning

Just my 2c.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

dnme wrote: »
    I invested in this system 2 years ago. I likes the fact that this was Irish, and had high hopes that they would get to grips with the app in terms of usability and function. Unfortunately not.

I would like to see the following
    1. Get rid of the WiFi relay device. Why the hell isnt this built into the thermostat as an option at least.
    2. A major overhaul of the app to make it far easier to use and understand.
    3. Useful functions such as being able to tell the app to maintain a certain temp in a certain zone for a period of time.
    4. Usage Reporting.
    5. Behaviour learning

Just my 2c.

Never gonna happen. I'm gonna replace mine with a Drayton Wiser.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Nicolas_Bandon

Anybody having problems connecting to EPH server? It seems to be down for me at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Skippy along

Anybody having problems connecting to EPH server? It seems to be down for me at the moment.

App failing to load for me too!

App failing to load for me too!

Working as normal for me

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Nicolas_Bandon

Working as normal for me

It's back to normal this morning.

New update coming for the app on 14th. Hopefully it will bring a few badly needed features

• Registered Users Posts: 7,517 ✭✭✭matrim

Just got that email too. Hopefully it being some good new functionality.

I'd quess that It will be an API change so if anyone is using the home assistant component to enhance the app functionality then this will likely break it. I'll look to update it as soon as possible after the app update

Yep got the email. Well knock me down with a feather!

If they introduce Google home integration I'll be very happy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭LizardKing

app looks better , and faster , no crashes so far.

not sure if any new features were added apart from temp having .5 option instead of rounded up full integers only

Yes definitely is more slick and looks alot better. Doesn't look like any integration has been added which is disappointing

Anybody having to re-add their home to their app after the update? From the demo's it looks to be better laid out but there's little to no new features for the 'PS' Home. Interestingly the new 'TS' thermostat (link) they look to be launching supports different temps at different times, looks like those of us with the programmer combi packs won't be getting this basic feature.

Anybody having to re-add their home to their app after the update? From the demo's it looks to be better laid out but there's little to no new features for the 'PS' Home. Interestingly the new 'TS' thermostat (link) they look to be launching supports different temps at different times, looks like those of us with the programmer combi packs won't be getting this basic feature.

Judging by a Facebook comment, only the TS may get voice integration in the future. Hope that it's not the case.

Ush1 wrote: »
    Judging by a Facebook comment, only the TS may get voice integration in the future. Hope that it's not the case.

Saw the same comment, if true its treating their existing customers very badly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,044 ✭✭✭Pique

Unless they give a huge discount to owners wanting to 'trade up' that really is a balls, and an insult.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,517 ✭✭✭matrim

Their site has a section for RF TRVs now but nothing listed. Would be nice if some of those were added to the system.

Anybody having problems with ember app since the update. Have re-set router, re-paired gateway and RF controller but nothing seems to re start it. App on phone looks perfect and allows me to boost upstairs and downstairs and shows On for 2hrs etc. BUT it's not coming on. Shows in activity log as well. They now say my phone Samsung J6+ may not be compatible?? Not old phone and widely sold in Ireland.
    Any suggestions before I smash it! The Ember that is!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

AnneRyan wrote: »
    Anybody having problems with ember app since the update. Have re-set router, re-paired gateway and RF controller but nothing seems to re start it. App on phone looks perfect and allows me to boost upstairs and downstairs and shows On for 2hrs etc. BUT it's not coming on. Shows in activity log as well. They now say my phone Samsung J6+ may not be compatible?? Not old phone and widely sold in Ireland.
    Any suggestions before I smash it! The Ember that is!

I had a couple of issues and managed to get them all resolved with help from their customer service / technical support team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 AnthonyOD1987

Sorry to crash the thread!! Recently moved into a new build that has a R27 HW programmer and 2 CDT2 thermostats ( 1 in sitting room, 1 in the main bedroom upstairs.

The builder when showing us how to use it suggested we leave the programmer constantly to "ON" for the 2 zones and control the temperature via the thermostat which works fine for the most part.

However I am noticing lately that if have the set the thermos in the sitting room to give heat, and even when the fire symbol is on, the rads don't heat up. also if we have the thermostat on in the sitting room to give heat and then switch the bedroom thermostat on to give heat, it nearly cuts the heat going to the downstairs zone.

anyone any ideas is this 1) normal and if not normal what the issues could be? could it be a thermostat issue? do most people have the controller on a timer or just control the heat via the thermostats?

any help would be great before i call someone to come take a look

Advertisement