Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Two new Trek Series coming. What do you want?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,725 ✭✭✭Evade

Sounds a lot like Andromeda or where STD looks like it's heading.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,560 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Chiorino wrote: »
    I was disappointed that this project never got off the ground, always thought it could have been very interesting.

https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Star_Trek:_Federation

That would have been so much better than the 3 action films we got instead.
    Evade wrote: »

Maybe it does but it would have been done in the Star Trek universe so much better. I so would have preffered that than the 3 JJ trek films we got.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,213 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

That might not be a bad thing.

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Minime2.5

Id like another enterprise series set in the 26th century .

• Registered Users Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭corkie

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Kinda ironic that the thing folks have wished for the most in this new era of Trek, had been another prequel show, ha. You'd imagine this won't be a hard one to get going, given the Enterprise bridge set is already built. Even much of the costumes, piping notwithstanding.

That first link mentions two more in development, with Enterprise being one. Wonder what the other is.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,063 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Another Canadian Directors Guild listing has appeared:

https://www.dgc.ca/en/ontario/productionView?p=54665

It refers to something called Strange New Worlds.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭Inviere

corkie wrote: »
    Confirmed:
    Captain Pike And The Enterprise
    To Be Star Trek’s Next Show

Is that the actual name they've gone with?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 20,772 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

I’ll watch it. But it doesn’t excite me.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

How about they make a series set after Voyager? New Cree, new ship and new discoveries. Maybe exploring the gamma quadrant.

they/them/theirs

• Advertisement

Brian? wrote: »
    How about they make a series set after Voyager? New Cree, new ship and new discoveries. Maybe exploring the gamma quadrant.
    It would gave to be set after Picard to remove the prequel restraints but yeah moving forward is better.

Ms

Spear wrote: »
    Another Canadian Directors Guild listing has appeared:

https://www.dgc.ca/en/ontario/productionView?p=54665

It refers to something called Strange New Worlds.

Star Trek:Strange New Worlds.

Its ok but sounds more like the title of a book.
    Brian? wrote: »

The problem I see with the Gamma Quadrant is that must or at least a lot of it was controlled/ruled by the Founders and the Dominion so most of them world's will now know of the Federation. Some might want to join some might not they might even be angry that the Federation won the war as they might have done well under there former leaders. Anywhere that was not under the former Empire are either very far from the wormhole or are at least as powerful or more powerful than the Founders and the Dominion were so unless tey wan t to trade will have no interest in the Federation.

Myself I would like to see a long mission ship in the 26th or 27th century exploring the Delta Quadrant too see what the after effects of it from Voyager and to a lesser extent the Equinox has been. What do races there think of the Federation now and the two ships that were from it that traveled through it.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

AMKC wrote: »

The problem I see with the Gamma Quadrant is that must or at least a lot of it was controlled/ruled by the Founders and the Dominion so most of them world's will now know of the Federation. Some might want to join some might not they might even be angry that the Federation won the war as they might have done well under there former leaders. Anywhere that was not under the former Empire are either very far from the wormhole or are at least as powerful or more powerful than the Founders and the Dominion were so unless tey wan t to trade will have no interest in the Federation.

Myself I would like to see a long mission ship in the 26th or 27th century exploring the Delta Quadrant too see what the after effects of it from Voyager and to a lesser extent the Equinox has been. What do races there think of the Federation now and the two ships that were from it that traveled through it.

That sounds decent as well. Just something new.

they/them/theirs

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,063 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

It was the title of a series of Star Trek books, so they already have the trademark. But it may suggest a return to the older style of exploration based stories.

Ms

Spear wrote: »
    It was the title of a series of Star Trek books, so they already have the trademark. But it may suggest a return to the older style of exploration based stories.

That's what I thought alright but was not sure.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

pixelburp wrote: »

That first link mentions two more in development, with Enterprise being one. Wonder what the other is.
    Star Trek: Seven of Nine
    ! ? ! ? ! ? !
    Fans have loved seeing Jeri Ryan back as an older, more human Seven, too, who’s suffered tragedy yet come out the other end stronger. But could her Picard comeback lead to her own spinoff?
    Star Trek: Picard Showrunner Has Pitched A Seven Of Nine Spinoff
    ^^^ May contain spoilers for latest Picard episodes.

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,893 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Jonathan Del Arco said in a recent interview that Jeri Ryan was their second choice for lead if Patrick Stewart said no. So definitely something they've been thinking about.

Ms

I would say no doubt if Jeri Ryan wants to do it and why would'nt she that they will do a spin off with her. Maybe call it Star Trek: Seven

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

I would say no doubt if Jeri Ryan wants to do it and why would'nt she that they will do a spin off with her. Maybe call it Star Trek: Seven

Of any of the spin-off's mooted & confirmed, a show centered on Seven would get my vote. I just think Ryan nails the role, and she's lost nothing since Voyager. There's huge scope to explore her arc, potentially even bringing back/concluding some of the Voyager character arcs too.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Inviere wrote: »
    Of any of the spin-off's mooted & confirmed, a show centered on Seven would get my vote. I just think Ryan nails the role, and she's lost nothing since Voyager. There's huge scope to explore her arc, potentially even bringing back/concluding some of the Voyager character arcs too.
    I'm possibly being a bit unfair here but Star Trek actors aren't always the strongest... Some had trouble escaping the shadow of the show but others aren't that good. Jeri Ryan though is one of the strongest of the actors (and actually had a successful post-Trek acting career) and her work on Picard showed she could do lead role work.

• Advertisement

ixoy wrote: »
    I'm possibly being a bit unfair here but Star Trek actors aren't always the strongest... Some had trouble escaping the shadow of the show but others aren't that good. Jeri Ryan though is one of the strongest of the actors (and actually had a successful post-Trek acting career) and her work on Picard showed she could do lead role work.

Fully agree, some can be hit and miss (sometimes the writing doesn't help), but Ryan has acting chops, and it shows. She's brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

My issue is that she doesn't sound, behave or act like Seven any more. She sounds like Jeri Ryan.

Ryan herself talks about this in an interview where she states that she was panicking before her first shoot on Picard as she tried to find the distinctive Seven voice and mannerisms. And then the people in charge told her not to bother.

This for me was a massive mistake. I'm not saying characters don't or shouldnt evolve. People change over the course of a decade for sure but they don't have personality transplants. Too much L.A. sass and not enough borg for me.

I found it distracting and disappointing to be honest. I'm a bigger fan of Voyager than most on here and Seven of Nine and her relationship with both Janeway and the Doctor was a big part of that. I saw very little of that character in Picard. Perhaps the flashback with Icheb was the only bit that rang true.

Kirby wrote: »
    People change over the course of a decade for sure but they don't have personality transplants. Too much L.A. sass and not enough borg for me.

There's been what, 20 years of development? I'm glad to see evolution in these characters...it'd be ridiculous to see the characters not having grown or changed at all in two decades. Seven especially, she has almost certainly spent a lot of time rebuilding herself, her personality, her identity.

Kirby wrote: »
    My issue is that she doesn't sound, behave or act like Seven any more. She sounds like Jeri Ryan.

Ryan herself talks about this in an interview where she states that she was panicking before her first shoot on Picard as she tried to find the distinctive Seven voice and mannerisms. And then the people in charge told her not to bother.

This for me was a massive mistake. I'm not saying characters don't or shouldnt evolve. People change over the course of a decade for sure but they don't have personality transplants. Too much L.A. sass and not enough borg for me.

I found it distracting and disappointing to be honest. I'm a bigger fan of Voyager than most on here and Seven of Nine and her relationship with both Janeway and the Doctor was a big part of that. I saw very little of that character in Picard. Perhaps the flashback with Icheb was the only bit that rang true.

She had the doctor fandangle her cortical whatsit so she had the full array of human emotions, in the penultimate episode of Voyager. I'd expect her to be completely different after 20 years, she had a cry with Chakote in the finale.

I'd say the most interesting part of 7's character was her evolution towards being human again. This is the result. If anything I was a little disappointed she still used the name 7 of 9.

they/them/theirs

I think what makes Seven being different more jarring is that she doesn't look 20 years older. Jeri Ryan must have a really decrepit portrait in her attic.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,213 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

I think what makes Seven being different more jarring is that she doesn't look 20 years older. Jeri Ryan must have a really decrepit portrait in her attic.

Season two spoilers

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's nanoprobes! :)

[ClickBait Warning!]
    10 NEW Star Trek Series For CBS All Access We Want To See !!??
    Holodeck series anyone?

f7c408a7779bd306-600x338.png
    10. Tkon Empire
    09. Betazed
    08. Christine Chapel
    07. Lursa And B'Etor
    06. Q Continuum
    05. Guinan
    04. Holodeck
    03. Bajor
    02. Galactic Core
    01. Ferengi

^^^ Who is the WE in the above title?

List of shows probably nobody wants in the spoiler.

^^^ Who is the WE in the above title?
    People who've heard of Star Trek and have to crank out a bunch of low effort blog posts every day?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Congrats, you gave some clickbait site some drinking money. Actually thought this was some news on new shows 'n all!

Advertisement