Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Wars Battlefront 2 - Game Thread

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Dave0301

The multiplayer in this game is amazing. I love the animations and various abilities. Dice are the masters of MP imo. They're the only devs that make MP that a SP person like me can enjoy.

ETA: I also love the little details. Like when you bolster everyone as an officer and then someone you bolstered says "you heard the man, let's press forward!"

Only problem is the lobbies are kind of dead and i find i'm being thrown in everyday with the same people which isn't a great way to test your skills.

I was late to the party with this one, but played it for a few weeks after getting it on PS Plus.

Single player was a bit meh but the multilayer is great. I am glad I missed out on the messing around when it was originally released.

Can't say I have noticed any issues with volume of players, but I have stuck to the weekend or Wednesdays for the XP bonus so that might make a difference.

Another thing I like about this game - they added co-op modes which can be used to farm upgrades much more easily for your classes so that when you do start PVP you're not at a disadvantage against higher level players. Many of the grindy trophies such as killing 500 enemies as a hero can be done there too.

Co-op is actually a decent game mode, and can be a good challenge if the team don't work together well. Farmed most of the trophies that way.

25 hero starship kills was the one that I found the biggest slog.

25 hero ship kills was a pain at first but then started to pick up the pace.
    Co op is cool but i wish it had more modes other than just attack this objective, defend this objective.

I only have 1 trophy left which is to reach rank 50 and wow is it long, mainly because my favourite modes are PVP but they don't give a lot of xp like co op does - and even co op xp farming is long without triple/double xp days.

Yes, it is definitely a grind without XP rewards. You should be able to get decent scores in HvV modes, which if used with XP days should help.

I think I may have mentioned before that I'm not keen on HvV modes. I mainly grind out co op and tend to get 40,000 to 50,000 score per game without double xp. I'm not long off 50 now so hoping to get the plat by tomorrow or the day after.

Captain Phasma has to be the most OP hero in co op with the heat reduction perks. She becomes a turret that doesn't need to reload and with the perk that decreases damage she almost can't die... but you have to use her right. I see some players place her shock droid in really useless positions. Needless to say they get killed quick enough for me to take over and utilise her powers properly. :D

Agreed. The heavy gunner sentry mode is good for pushing your score up as well.

Particularly on some maps where the enemy is basically filtered into a corridor of death :pac:

Advertisement