Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Theta Network

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 546 ✭✭✭dirk_dangler

Rob2D wrote: »

He posted it one day later and THETA not included, does not inspire confidence, hope you enjoy holding his bags on the slow bleed down the ranks.
    He make nice easy to understand videos, but from what i have seen his info is at least a week or two old, he will be all over ROSE when it hits 50c.
    His top 5 holdings
    1. Bitcoin 27%
    2. Ethereum 30%
    3. Polkadot 9.34%
    4. Cardano 8%
    5. Chainlink 4%

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭bosco12345

He posted it one day later and THETA not included, does not inspire confidence, hope you enjoy holding his bags on the slow bleed down the ranks.
    He make nice easy to understand videos, but from what i have seen his info is at least a week or two old, he will be all over ROSE when it hits 50c.
    His top 5 holdings
    1. Bitcoin 27%
    2. Ethereum 30%
    3. Polkadot 9.34%
    4. Cardano 8%
    5. Chainlink 4%

You've got a weird vendetta against Theta. We get it, you think its going to bleed out, let's just wait and see what happens. But sooner rather later its hitting $20

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

His top 5 holdings
    1. Bitcoin 27%
    2. Ethereum 30%
    3. Polkadot 9.34%
    4. Cardano 8%
    5. Chainlink 4%
    Just an FYI he doesn't hold everything he makes a video about. If he made content based solely around what he owns he'd have damn all to make content for. He sends out his portfolio every week and tells you what he sold that week. He will tell you in his videos if he holds the coin hes talking about.

As for the info, script writing and editing do take time so yes his info isn't fresh off the presses.
    I dont see this as a gotcha really

bosco12345 wrote: »
    You've got a weird vendetta against Theta. We get it, you think its going to bleed out, let's just wait and see what happens. But sooner rather later its hitting $20
    seannash wrote: »
    Just an FYI he doesn't hold everything he makes a video about. If he made content based solely around what he owns he'd have damn all to make content for. He sends out his portfolio every week and tells you what he sold that week. He will tell you in his videos if he holds the coin hes talking about.

As for the info, script writing and editing do take time so yes his info isn't fresh off the presses.
    I dont see this as a gotcha really
    I have no vendetta against THETA, i dont hold any, so if it goes up or down i don't care
    He pushes THETA as going to rise in price, yet he does not hold any?
    Do you not think that is strange?
    Does he not like making money?
    Does he not believe the content of his videos?
    As for the videos being late with news, there is a whole load of Youtubers who review Movies, TV shows and video games, you know they do a first impression video and then a few days later do a detailed review, why is he not doing this?
    "I have discovered a gem folks, here is a synopsis, i'll be back with a full review in a few days"
    The answer is he is watching other Youtubers and copying their content, he is not revealing any gems to his audience before the news breaks, you are getting it after the smart money has already filed their bags, if you are happy with that, good for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

BitBoy, popular crypto streamer with 750k+ followers, to launch Theta NFTs on ThetaDrop.com in May

We’re excited to announce that BitBoy, the popular crypto streamer with 750k+ followers, will launch his own Theta NFTs on ThetaDrop in May. Bitboy along with a number of other creators are launch partners of ThetaDrop general NFT marketplace throughout May and June, when the platform opens up broadly in addition to branded partners like World Poker Tour.

Influencers and creators are beginning to recognize the value in building their NFTs on Theta, where gas fees are 99% cheaper than on Ethereum, transactions are lightning fast, and energy demands are low thanks to Theta’s Proof of Stake consensus protocol. TFUEL, the main utility token of the Theta Network, will be used to create, buy, sell and transact digital NFT assets across the ThetaDrop platform.

Link

https://twitter.com/mitchliu/status/1382744154854232066

Edge nodes a good bit off the 100k yet. Currently at 35k

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

...he is not revealing any gems to his audience before the news breaks, you are getting it after the smart money has already filed their bags

Says man incessantly shilling LINK at ATH when some here have been buying since <$1 or $2.

Traders swap bags out, it's not a big deal and should make no difference to you. In fact, it makes absofcukinglutely no difference to you. The longer it takes for people to cop onto your golden ticket is more of a chance for you to buy cheaper, celebrate it! Few coins I hold long-term, lots I've bought and sold which I thought could go higher but the potential return didn't seem as evident or immediate in comparison to others so I sold those still-promising projects. That happens every day with tens of thousands of traders.

Nothing is being achieved by sh!t-talking everything else. Or at least put some effort into calling out actual scamcoins instead of calling everything that isn't LINK a crock of sh!t. It's one-note, it's dull as fcuk and it's making whoever hasn't blocked you already incrementally more stupid with every message for having read it.

Here we go again. Closing in on the ATH, $14.35 so far

$15.90 at one stage

I have no vendetta against THETA, i dont hold any, so if it goes up or down i don't care
    As for the videos being late with news, there is a whole load of Youtubers who review Movies, TV shows and video games, you know they do a first impression video and then a few days later do a detailed review, why is he not doing this?
    "I have discovered a gem folks, here is a synopsis, i'll be back with a full review in a few days"
    The answer is he is watching other Youtubers and copying their content, he is not revealing any gems to his audience before the news breaks, you are getting it after the smart money has already filed their bags, if you are happy with that, good for you.
    He first covered thetha well over a year ago.
    As for why doesn't he do a quick video and say he'll have a review in a few days, well frankly that's not his style. And its his style of videos that's made him wildly popular. This is what separates him from other youtuber who do that style of lazy video.
    If you subscribe to his newsletter he tells you what videos hes making well in advance too and also share tips on his twitter and telegram.
    I like a lot of crypto but i dont hold it because i have more faith in other projects and believe they will make me more money. I also dont have an infinite supply of money. Do you buy every crypto you like.I dont find that strange in the slightest. Perhaps he held some and sold after he made x percentage of profit.

• Advertisement

grindle wrote: »
    Says man incessantly shilling LINK at ATH when some here have been buying since <$1 or $2.

Traders swap bags out, it's not a big deal and should make no difference to you. In fact, it makes absofcukinglutely no difference to you. The longer it takes for people to cop onto your golden ticket is more of a chance for you to buy cheaper, celebrate it! Few coins I hold long-term, lots I've bought and sold which I thought could go higher but the potential return didn't seem as evident or immediate in comparison to others so I sold those still-promising projects. That happens every day with tens of thousands of traders.

Nothing is being achieved by sh!t-talking everything else. Or at least put some effort into calling out actual scamcoins instead of calling everything that isn't LINK a crock of sh!t. It's one-note, it's dull as fcuk and it's making whoever hasn't blocked you already incrementally more stupid with every message for having read it.

This post comes across as a man who bought the THETA top and now is watching as it slides down the ranks, as predicted, rank 16 today.
    Some are in LINK since $1-2, so late then, could have got in at 20c like myself, but matters not, as the outlook for LINK has changed dramatically since then, we are still early at $38.
    Dont believe me, do a bit of digging , ECB are onboard with LINK, they put it in a report just released.
    As for calling out scam coins, get a grip , you post here with the usual tips, buy XYZ thank me later, ABC to the moon, utterly worthless.
    You are positioning yourself as a seasoned crypto investor, yet dont have the guts to call out ADA, XRP and the rest of the shît coins that are pushed here, shame on you, you will be back here posting about how you knew they where shït coins once they dump, bragging that you only stick to ETH and BTC.

Enjoy your heavy THETA bags as they continue to bleed

Is this becoming the Link thread now? Cmon put that stuff in another place.

Tfuel below 20cents is going to be a rare opportunity

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

What's the use case of the TFUEL and THETA coins? I get their platforms and I get their use case and if they were a company I'd buy shares in them. But what makes the price of their coin valuable and what gives it upside potential?

I'm a THETA bull as much as the next person but just wondering what gives its token value.

This is the differences:

Theta is the governance token which allows you to setup a guardian node but you need a minimum of 1k. The more guardian nodes the more secure the network. You get rewarded tfuel for validating the blocks generated from enterprise nodes and confirming transactions. It's proof of stake. It has a max supply of 1 billion which is all in circulating supply. 600million is locked up.

Tfuel is the utility token used essentially for gas fees and reward payouts. Its better having a two token system imo and it's use case is completely different. It has no max supply.

But its use case is now increasing with payment method for NFT's. Also remember the burning and staking mechanisms coming in June, the rewards will be very high as % staked will be much lower than Theta. As more percent staked the rewards get less but the price of tfuel will increase. So you will have a steady passive income for life.

lngZtnEl.jpg

Also edge node payouts are increasing. The current tfuel model is flawed as there is 40k edge nodes with little rewards. It will essentially incentive more users to launch edge nodes and expand the network.

The end goal is more edge nodes

I've been slagged as a theta maxi so do your due diligence!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,756 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

I have 175 Theta Tokens from a year or so back.

How do I get TFuel to allow me to move my tokens to a different wallet?

BOHtox wrote: »
    What's the use case of the TFUEL and THETA coins? I get their platforms and I get their use case and if they were a company I'd buy shares in them. But what makes the price of their coin valuable and what gives it upside potential?

I'm a THETA bull as much as the next person but just wondering what gives its token value.

The elephant in the room that none of the THETA holders here want to acknowledge is Mixer.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mixer_(service)
    Mixer came preinstalled on every Xbox, millions of potential users from day 1, Microsoft with all their money poached top streamers from Twitch and Youtube, it had "Sparks"—a currency accumulated while viewing streams.
    Mixer=THETA
    Sparks=Tfuel
    Mixer was shut down by Microsoft as it did not put a dent in Twitch or Youtube.
    Now do you own research and go to www.theta.tv see how many are watching the streams, see how many followers the top streamer have, now compare to those on Twitch and Youtube.
    Now the THETA maxis here really believe THETA is going to $50, yet dont seem to want to or are able to explain the complete failure of Mixer.
    Its down two more places in the ranks from yesterday to 18.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,757 ✭✭✭el diablo

I have 175 Theta Tokens from a year or so back.

How do I get TFuel to allow me to move my tokens to a different wallet?

On an exchange such as Binance.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

el diablo wrote: »
    On an exchange such as Binance.

So I buy TFuel?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭wandererz

On the Theta Web Wallet there is an option to click and get an amount tfuel.

wandererz wrote: »
    On the Theta Web Wallet there is an option to click and get an amount tfuel.

Where? I had a look and couldn't see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

So I buy TFuel?

ya, how many is it asking for to move the Theta?

• Advertisement

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    ya, how many is it asking for to move the Theta?

PM me your Theta deposit address.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

The elephant in the room that none of the THETA holders here want to acknowledge is Mixer.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mixer_(service)
    Mixer came preinstalled on every Xbox, millions of potential users from day 1, Microsoft with all their money poached top streamers from Twitch and Youtube, it had "Sparks"—a currency accumulated while viewing streams.
    Mixer=THETA
    Sparks=Tfuel
    Mixer was shut down by Microsoft as it did not put a dent in Twitch or Youtube.
    Now do you own research and go to www.theta.tv see how many are watching the streams, see how many followers the top streamer have, now compare to those on Twitch and Youtube.
    Now the THETA maxis here really believe THETA is going to $50, yet dont seem to want to or are able to explain the complete failure of Mixer.
    Its down two more places in the ranks from yesterday to 18.

Up to 15th today

BOHtox wrote: »
    Up to 15th today

Back to 17, getting into Tron territory, a confirmed shít coin

Theta is one to hold and forget like a blue chip stock.

Judging its price daily is ret%%ded and shortsighted

Irish_rat wrote: »
    Theta is one to hold and forget like a blue chip stock.

Judging its price daily is ret%%ded and shortsighted
    A cope or coping mechanism, is a psychological strategy whereby someone rejects a harsh truth, and adopts a less disturbing belief instead.

A cope or coping mechanism, is a psychological strategy whereby someone rejects a harsh truth, and adopts a less disturbing belief instead.

Is this how you deal with not buying in at 23c like Lex recommended?

Pissing contest you want, pissing contest you shall get
    https://postimg.cc/w18bTPX5

Why blank out your hold?

• Advertisement

Why blank out your hold?

Post your entire portfolio....

Not arsed but your welcome to look at my ETH staking rewards.

This is almost a month old now

Pissing contest you want, pissing contest you shall get
    https://postimg.cc/w18bTPX5

This is a Theta forum, not a Link or any other forum.

Is your intention simply to go into the Theta forum and constantly & consistently deride the currency and those who hold it?

There's a term for that ...oh yeah...troll.

One can indeed block a person on boards, but unfortunately it doesn't prevent the posts showing up when quoted by others.

551953.jpg

ahhh...bliss
    551954.JPG

Is your intention simply to go into the Theta forum and constantly & consistently deride the currency and those who hold it?

One can indeed block a person on boards, but unfortunately it doesn't prevent the posts showing up when quoted by others.

Anywhere else he would be banned by now.

He is basically adding FUD to the thread to try and make hodlers sell their stash.

I do enjoy the craic though but if it begins to derail the thread then that wouldn't be good.

I'm adding a lot of tfuel to my portfolio. I think I have a serious problem :D

But what about the staking rewards? :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

Irish_rat wrote: »
    I'm adding a lot of tfuel to my portfolio. I think I have a serious problem :D

But what about the staking rewards? :cool:

I recently got to 1,000 theta and 10,000 tfuel (during the recent sales :D) for the staking. I hope the rewards are worth it.
    The 10k tfuel I’m staking on an edge node, apparently the pool of rewards increases by 50 when main net 3.0 launches in June

I’ve no idea what the rewards are for staking the theta tokens on gpool. I know someone who did it recently and isn’t happy with the returns.

This is with slightly over 1000 theta staked on gpool.

551957.jpg

These are the 10k tfuel number guesstimates, would take them as a pinch of salt
    IMG-20210501-153736.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭endainoz

Ah so it's not just the ripple thread he sh1ts on, the ignore button is a handy way. If enough do it, they'll eventually fade away once they are getting no more of the attention they desperately seek.

I'm just shocked he greyed out his holdings at that price.

Mitch liu:

"Ok here's what happened: we had a huge spike in users to WPT @Thetadrop site ~9pmPT that took down our systems.

We're rescheduling Drop #1 to week May 9, exact day TBD. Thanks for understanding as we want to do this right. All user pre-funding and deposits are intact and safe."

Not a good start to the NFT launch.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭quinneerr

Where did it all go wrong?
    Discussion deserted for 23 days
    Rank now 22 by market cap
    The $50-60 promised by posters is a distant dream
    Anyone got some hopium to lift the spirits or has Theta's fate been accepted?

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭pioneerpro

quinneerr wrote: »

Mainnet in June? Like this has a part to play

https://www.investing.com/news/cryptocurrency-news/the-fate-of-coins-after-the-chinese-crypto-ban--neo-theta-vechain-and-tron-2516040

But my TRON in particular bounced back handily

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭quinneerr

pioneerpro wrote: »
    Mainnet in June? Like this has a part to play

https://www.investing.com/news/cryptocurrency-news/the-fate-of-coins-after-the-chinese-crypto-ban--neo-theta-vechain-and-tron-2516040

But my TRON in particular bounced back handily

You hold Tron?
    best of luck , you will need it

• Advertisement

You hold Tron?
    best of luck , you will need it

Lol, the trolls really love the Theta thread.

FWIW I also hold a significant amount of DOGE. Feel free to cross-reference the price.

image.png

I missed you bud.

New validator to be announced. Not official yet

Mainnet 3.0 coming next month.

Tfuel rewards are going to be lucrative. Get mini pc and avoid gpool fees.

All I say is judge everything after mainnet, wait until end of June :)

Hows holding Rose going for you?

Are you dirk?

seannash wrote: »
    Are you dirk?

There's at least 2 accounts that are scarily similar to DirkDangler in the Telcoin thread - already called one out to much indignation lol

• Advertisement
Advertisement