Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Ninty Direct

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Japan-centric Direct on Sunday, 7pm Japan time (6am here, by my calculation)
    Announcing Wii U/3DS releases in Japan for the Summer. Might get some surprises, you'd never know.

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2015/05/29/japan-centric-nintendo-direct-airing-this-weekend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Been all but confirmed Fire Emblem iF will be part of it, as its out late in the Summer in Japan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Trying to remember, was the e3 direct region specific, or was there just the American one?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

New Chibi Robo!
    Woo hop!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

New Micro Direct hit America today.

Big news is Splatoon update of Ranked Battles, new weapon and map hitting later today (probably 3 or 4 in the morning due to 'Murica time).

Chibi-Robo news
    Mario & Sonic at 2016 Olympics (it has soccer, volleyball and rugby.... could it be actual fun?)
    New Dr.Mario in 2 weeks
    Bravely Second out 2016 :(
    Other stuff I cant remember

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

I love how only Nintendo are like "Hey there's this previously unannounced Dr Mario game we made, you can get it next week" or "Remember those Splatoon maps we promised? The first one is out today!". It's really pretty cool. Not to mention the whole random mini out of nowhere Direct.

And just over 2 weeks before E3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

CTdXkrtVAAAeOvd.jpg:large

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

Hope there are new Splatoon maps.

• Advertisement

Hope there are new games. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,119 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

It's about time. We haven't heard from Nintendo since E3 and that was nearly 5 months ago. The last real Direct was over 7 months ago. I want to see new, proper Wii U games. I don't want to see or hear a thing about those awful games, Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash or Animal Crossing: amiibo Festival. I don't want to hear about Xenoblade Chronicles X either. Though I'm very much looking forward to it, we know enough about it already. This better be good after beng silent for so long. They owe us big time. Some new footage of Zelda U would be nice as well.

Oh and Nintendo said there were games coming out for Wii U before the end of the year that haven't been announced yet. They're cutting it fine but now would be the time for information. I would think they'll be eShop only as something would have leaked and it's too close to Christmas to start printing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Mr E wrote: »
    Hope there are new games. :o

I like the message saying nothing about mobile or nx. Kind of telling us not to expect much!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

sligeach wrote: »
    It's about time. We haven't heard from Nintendo since E3 and that was nearly 5 months ago. The last real Direct was over 7 months ago. I want to see new, proper Wii U games. I don't want to see or hear a thing about those awful games, Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash or Animal Crossing: amiibo Festival. I don't want to hear about Xenoblade Chronicles X either. Though I'm very much looking forward to it, we know enough about it already. This better be good after beng silent for so long. They owe us big time. Some new footage of Zelda U would be nice as well.

Oh and Nintendo said there were games coming out for Wii U before the end of the year that haven't been announced yet. They're cutting it fine but now would be the time for information. I would think they'll be eShop only as something would have leaked and it's too close to Christmas to start printing.
    Yes I really don't think they have any aces up their sleeves for Xmas I'm not expecting much at all.
    In regards to such a long break from the directs I can understand with the main host of the direct Dying an all.

It will be pretty interesting to see if they make even a passing mention to the NX. I don't even think we have heard anyone from Nintendo say the word 'NX' right, like on video etc? It's just been press releases and online/press interviews they have mentioned it, could be wrong about that.

I think it might be too close to Christmas to expect anything big but the new president said there will be previously unannounced games, so will be interesting to see what those are.

Corholio wrote: »
    It will be pretty interesting to see if they make even a passing mention to the NX. I don't even think we have heard anyone from Nintendo say the word 'NX' right, like on video etc? It's just been press releases and online/press interviews they have mentioned it, could be wrong about that.

I think it might be too close to Christmas to expect anything big but the new president said there will be previously unannounced games, so will be interesting to see what those are.

"Please note that the presentation will not feature any updates on NX and mobile."

http://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-direct/11-12-2015/

• Advertisement

"Please note that the presentation will not feature any updates on NX and mobile."

http://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-direct/11-12-2015/

Ah didn't see that.

Not surprising but The Land of The Rising Sun just had it confirmed that they're having their Direct at the same time as us. It'll be hosted by Morimoto again and will focus on Wii U and 3DS titles released by the end of Spring next year.

Nintendo Direct Predictions - Discussion (November 2015)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTLUnuHSQ3Y

I agree with a lot of their predctions. They forgot about Metroid Prime: Federation Force. I think we might get Pikmin 4. I also think Zelda U may have moved to NX exclusively though they won't talk about that until E3 next year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭pasta-solo

Can tonight's Direct be streamed on the Wii U itself or just from a particular website? Never been free for a live one before!

pasta-solo wrote: »
    Can tonight's Direct be streamed on the Wii U itself or just from a particular website? Never been free for a live one before!

I don't know about the other regions but the UK is Twitch only. And watching Twitch on the Wii U is a major pain in the @rse. I'll fetch the links in a bit. Why Nintendo had to do that I'll never understand. Youtube is so much easier. I'm trying not to get excited. It always ends badly.

Actually, you should be able to watch it from your Wii U here:

http://www.nintendo.co.uk/Misc-/Nintendo-Direct/Latest-Nintendo-Direct/Nintendo-Direct-698557.html

Here's the Twitch link:

http://www.twitch.tv/nintendouk

• Advertisement

Yusss! Missed twilight princess on gamecube and wii, delighted with the hd remaster!

And new Zelda! Next years gonna be great!

The worst kept secret has been confirmed. I hate how amiibo are in everything though. I despise them.

Web Portal for SMM?? Why not put that in the flippin' game?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Day 1 data packs & shìtty micro-transactions games :(

Started great with Twilight Princess but has gone $h1t€. There better be new announcements before the end. TP HD while great, it's a HD remake of a game I've already played and finished with yet more SCamiibo.

Why wait until February for the classic pokemon on virtual console??? Should have been a "released after the presentation" announcement.

Have zero interest in anything Pokemon related.

Starfox Zero in April 2016, and horrible controls seem intact. Sigh.

Was it just me, or did he make it sound like they were un-delaying Starfox???

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

FFS Fire Emblem isn't even out & they are flogging us dlc :confused:
    Pikachu was obese in red/blue O_O

• Advertisement

Good God, 5 months since E3 and they're still talking about games we already know about.

F*** off SCamiibo.

Shibata shouldn't be presenting Directs. His English and pronunciation are awful.

I think he's fine. English isn't his native language and I can understand him perfectly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,674 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Shibata shouldn't be presenting Directs. His English and pronunciation are awful.

One of the lesser concerns.

Hate to be negative, maybe I'm just falling out of love with this stuff, but it all feels so samey.

Want new Zelda WiiU. Will buy TP. Didn't see anything else at all that I can see myself playing.

Do not want Cloud in Smash Bros. It's the same story as Snake. When was the last time we got a true Final Fantasy on a Nintendo console? The SNES.

Well thank God I didn't get excited before the Direct because that was awful. 1 new game, if you can call it that. It's a remake and not graphically pleasing either with yet more SCamiibo attached.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

That tiny tease of Zelda U was unfair, but good to see it's still on track for 2016.

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭Cantstandsya

One last trailer...

Stars pass by, what could this be? Hmmm, Starfox already announced, could it be... Metroid??

"NEW SMASH BROTHERS CHARACTER!!!"

FFS... that was a big pile of nothing. I'll grab Twilight Princess but it seems like Nintendo have given up until NX. Fair enough I suppose given the Wii U's sales.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Starfox Zero in April 2016, and horrible controls seem intact. Sigh.

I am genuinely excited about a new Starfox fan.

I'm a HUGE fan of the n64 iteration but I couldn't agree with your sigh more.

Please Nintendo please do not **** this up with motion control or the gamepad.

Just give it offscreen play and that's it. Focus on the game.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,495 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

I think he's fine. English isn't his native language and I can understand him perfectly.

They should have a native English speaker present them for this region imo.

Xenoblade and Bravely Default were the highlights for me anyway.

• Advertisement

Suprised there was no Minecraft! Aside from that, looking forward to Twilight Princess, but not a lot else there that was exciting. The sooner the NX arrives, the better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

looking forward to TP HD and at least we know the new zelda game is still confirmed for the wii u. Not sure about anything else tho, xenoblade looks good but couldnt get into the 3ds one so i doubt ill be buying it. Half tempted by hyrule warriors legends but already got the other one for wii u. glad triforce heros and splatoon are getting updates too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

That Wipeout ripoff looks tasty, out in a couple of weeks too!

Definitely getting Typoman. And out next week

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

I didn't really expect any new big announcements - Star Fox and Zelda U were meant to be 2015's big releases and when they got pushed Nintendo could hardly just magic big AAA titles from thin air (and considering a third party is handling Twilight Princess instead of in house with EAD (who did Wind Waker HD) all available hands are probably on deck for Zelda U).

I think there's a lot to look forward to though, particularly on the 3DS side with Yo-Kai Watch, Happy Home Designer, Fire Emblem, Triforce Heroes, Mario and Luigi x Paper Mario, Final Fantasy Explorers, Bravely Second, a new Langrisser, two Dragon Quests, Terraria, Mega Man Collection, Sonic Boom and Hyrule Warriors.

And it's not like there's nothing on Wii U with Xenoblade, Star Fox, Pokken, Minecraft: Story Mode, Twilight Princess, Mighty No. 9, continued DLC for existing games, and eventually Zelda U.

Not to mention Nintendo's ever expanding Indie support. And that Midgar Smash stage looks awesome.

If Paper Jam Mario is another 50 hour game like the last one, I'll be very happy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

Reading a lot of complaints on other sites that Twilight Princess doesn't look much better in HD. Not sure what stream people were watching as to my eyes, it was a significant improvement over the SD version.

Also really liking the look of Starfox. Looking forward to a shooter that isn't about constantly leveling up and customization for the sake of it.

I too have been reading a lot of complaints about TP HD and I can kind of see where people are coming from.
    screenshot2015-11-12aevpnf.png

Those spires on top of the towers look awful. Nearly look like they're from the N64. I don't think the improvements look nearly as good as the other Zelda remakes. And that's the thing, for it to look really good it would a tonne of work, it's not worth the money in Nintendo's eyes. I think it looks alright, nothing special. The character models seem to have had the most improvement. I'm more annoyed that amiibo are in nearly every game now. They're Trojan horse DLC. I cannot state enough how much I despise them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

more SCamiibo.
    F*** off SCamiibo.
    more SCamiibo attached.
    I hate how amiibo are in everything though. I despise them.
    I cannot state enough how much I despise them.

Actually, you can.

Still not enough. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

I too have been reading a lot of complaints about TP HD and I can kind of see where people are coming from.
    screenshot2015-11-12aevpnf.png

Those spires on top of the towers look awful. Nearly look like they're from the N64. I don't think the improvements look nearly as good as the other Zelda remakes. And that's the thing, for it to look really good it would a tonne of work, it's not worth the money in Nintendo's eyes. I think it looks alright, nothing special. The character models seem to have had the most improvement. I'm more annoyed that amiibo are in nearly every game now. They're Trojan horse DLC. I cannot state enough how much I despise them.

I would say that the screenshot is that bad due to the poor quality of the underlying assets as opposed to an issue with the HD upgrade. The SD version of that same section of footage looks significantly worse.

As you said though, it's not worth Nintendo's time or money to go back and change stuff like this.

Not sure I'll pick up the game regardless but the limited edition version does look pretty cool.

• Advertisement
Advertisement