Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Ninty Direct

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,081 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Hilarious. Fans had a reaction to MP: FF. His eyes constantly looking up and right, because you know what the opposite means. Very disappointing Direct for Wii U owners bar the new Paper Mario title. The leak was real and I said if it was true how I felt about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Monster Hunter X is now Monster Hunter Generations?
    Looks really nice...
    (Now to actually get better at 4U... :()

Haha, that Rhythm Paradise Megamix bit was actually properly funny :D

There's the Kirby game.

Kirby Planet Robobot... for 3DS! Go get 'em CiDeRmAn!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Can't believe that leak was genuine.

And it works with all the Amiibos

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

sligeach wrote: »
    Wonder what they'll end with?

Nothing it seems. :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Can't believe that leak was genuine.

So hype for Kirby :-D

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Nothing it seems. :pac:

I'm shocked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

That Direct went pretty much exactly as expected based on how they described it.

I'm always glad for new features in Super Mario Maker.

It's always important to note how Nintendo describe the Directs going in. This one was for "updating on Wii U and 3DS titles planned for launch through summer 2016". Any big surprises were unlikely. Though I'm convinced Zelda U isn't a real game anymore. Just a collective delusion.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,087 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

All I gathered from that is YUS!!! Amiibos are relevant again, kindof...

Zelda U is being delayed to be relaunched as an NX game :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Were there any new games mentioned for the Wii-U? All I remember is 3DS, pre-order, DLC, Amiibo, 3DS and more 3DS.

Monster Hunter X/Generations will be great no doubt. That Metroid game looks a bit cack (I'd not heard about it before). Give us a proper Prime sequel not on handheld please.

Paper Mario: Colour Splash was officially announced. And the new Star Fox: Guard game. So those rumours about Star Fox being in a state of crisis were nonsense it would appear.

It sure was. That guys source was obviously a bit dodgy.

And we didn't get a single twilight princess trailer, that was kinda unexpected.

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭bkrangle

anyone got any idea when the spec ed of fire emblem fates is likely to be available for preorder? I hear it sold out very quickly in the US

Paper Mario: Colour Splash was officially announced. And the new Star Fox: Guard game. So those rumours about Star Fox being in a state of crisis were nonsense it would appear.

I wouldn't say that. There was something wrong that this was the first time in months we heard or seen anything of this game when it launches now officially confirmed next month. The decision was supposed to be, in fact today by Japan's time zone. Could easily have moved to dispel the rumours. The proof will be in the final game and its reviews. Need to rewatch that bit as the NOE site had a fit at the start and so missed the body of the Star Fox footage.

• Advertisement

sligeach wrote: »
    I wouldn't say that. There was something wrong that this was the first time in months we heard or seen anything of this game when it launches now officially confirmed next month. The decision was supposed to be, in fact today by Japan's time zone. Could easily have moved to dispel the rumours. The proof will be in the final game and its reviews. Need to rewatch that bit as the NOE site had a fit at the start and so missed the body of the Star Fox footage.

I'd say its more likely that guy was talking bull****/had a bad source.
    It actually looked better than it did. I'm excited for it.

It sure was. That guys source was obviously a bit dodgy.

And we didn't get a single twilight princess trailer, that was kinda unexpected.

I was so sure they'd end with that. They must be very happy with pre orders. I'm not impressed by it and yet they still got my money.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,579 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Zelda U is being delayed to be relaunched as an NX game :pac:

So is it coming out on WiiU or not?

No new Zelda this gen??

I'm pretty happy with that direct, except for two things.

1. Feels like the NX is looming over the whole thing, given how little the Wii U got there.
    2. Sort out this cross buy **** nintendo, its getting ridiculous at this point.

edit - that is strong speculation on Zelda there, although a semi verified leak confirmed it, it'll get the cross get treatment like twilight princess did.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,579 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

And SNES games on 3ds, but not the one I bought at launch. F*ckin booourns.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,107 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

bkrangle wrote: »
    anyone got any idea when the spec ed of fire emblem fates is likely to be available for preorder? I hear it sold out very quickly in the US

I really want to get this too, although I hate the manufactured rarity applied to such things. I almost think the special edition should be the 'main' version of the game so it will be a real shame if it's a nightmare to get a hold of.

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭bkrangle

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Star Lord wrote: »
    Kirby Planet Robobot... for 3DS! Go get 'em CiDeRmAn!!!

As a massive Kirby nut Rorobots looks the business, an unexpected sequel to Triple Deluxe, and that was a blast.
    They really need to release a new compilation though, possibly like the Dream Collection on the Wii, a collection this time of his portable games, there's so many!
    4 new Kirby Amiibo though, bugger!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Starfox looks the business though, they seem to have used the time to reduce the Gamepad involvement, outside of a novelty co-op mode, which is great.

• Advertisement

Europe:
    •March 3 - Super Mario World and Earthbound
    •March 10 - The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past and Super Metroid
    •March 17 - F-Zero and Super Mario Kart
    •March 24 - Donkey Kong Country and Donkey Kong Country 2

Sweet.

Advertisement