Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crypto debit cards latest?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22 justtrying312

suave.4u wrote: »
    it has happened to me as well. I used the CDC Card via Curve in Lidl and it went through. Next week, the same card failed.
    I always carry two cards, you can't rely 100% on CDC card

did you get refunded, for the error?

here's a link to a thread with pics showing my problem, if anyone's interested..

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭suave.4u

did you get refunded, for the error?

here's a link to a thread with pics showing my problem, if anyone's interested..

All failed transactions are refunded in couple of working days

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

All failed transactions are refunded in couple of working days

Yeah it is like N26 (and I supposed Revolut although I am not a user myself). Instead of showing a separate section for pending transactions which are not yet settled (like traditional banks do) they are applying pending transactions to the balance immediately so that the user gets the impression things are done in real time (whereby with a traditional bank it takes a few days for the transaction to be displayed as processed).

But in reality, regardless of what the App shows, those transaction aren’t deemed to have occurred until they are fully settled.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

My Binance card arrived today. Looks very smart.

I'd like to start using it for the craic but I wonder how the tax would work?????

Rob2D wrote: »

I'd like to start using it for the craic but I wonder how the tax would work?????

Every time you convert crypto to fiat (i.e. if you are using the card to pay something in euros and fund the purchase from a crypto balance), you are triggering CGT. So to keep your tax records sane I would personably avoid avoid doing that on a daily basis and for small amounts. IMO if the idea is to spend crypto with the card, it is simpler (from a tax perspective) to convert a large amount to euros once a month and then to have the card hit that euro balance for actual payment transactions (ie you are only triggering CGT once a month).

Now if you are never converting any crypto and just toping-up euros and spending them, there shouldn’t be any tax liability. My understanding is that the cash back you receive isn’t subject to income tax as it is a commercial offer (same as some banks offering small cash back for using their credit card). Of course if the cash back is paid in crypto and you subsequently dispose of that crypto, then it is subject to CGT (based on the fair market value on the day you received it).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭mhairt

You can just load Euro on it. Save spending that crypto. You can rearrange all the coins in the card dashboard

• Registered Users Posts: 4,198 ✭✭✭digiman

Not into crypto much at all, but have read about crypto.com offering 2% cash back on all purchases if you get a card with them. Are there any others offering better at the moment for buying a similar amount of their coin? Don’t want to spend any more than €500 in some coin to get such offers.

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭suave.4u

digiman wrote: »
    Not into crypto much at all, but have read about crypto.com offering 2% cash back on all purchases if you get a card with them. Are there any others offering better at the moment for buying a similar amount of their coin? Don’t want to spend any more than €500 in some coin to get such offers.
    I have the crypto.com 3% indigo card.You don't spend €500; you just stake it and you can unstake after 180 days and get the whole amount back if you wish. CRO is on the upwards, so you will most likely get profit on the staked amount as well.

I have the card for close to 5 months and already have EUR 300 worth of cashback; it is a no brainer to get one. IM me if you need a referral for eur 25 each

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Str8outtaWuhan

I have the crypto.com 3% indigo card.You don't spend €500; you just stake it and you can unstake after 180 days and get the whole amount back if you wish. CRO is on the upwards, so you will most likely get profit on the staked amount as well.

I have the card for close to 5 months and already have EUR 300 worth of cashback; it is a no brainer to get one. IM me if you need a referral for eur 25 each

indigo is now 4k to stake

indigo is now 4k to stake

That's dollars, it's 3.5k Euro. You'll get a return of 10% APY which is miles better than leaving it in a bank account to lose value :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,198 ✭✭✭digiman

Looks like I could get 3% with the binance card by staking around €1.5k which is a hell of a lot less risk.

What has driven these prices so high in the last few months? Binance has more than 10x this year

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭dec2000

Looks like I could get 3% with the binance card by staking around €1.5k which is a hell of a lot less risk.

What has driven these prices so high in the last few months? Binance has more than 10x this year

If you're not much into crypto and just want the cashback card, check out Nexo.io. they will give you interest on Euros and have a 2% cashback card.

Disclaimer: I don't have an account with Nexo but considering it, just doing some research on it.

Yeah.... crypto.com cards are solid. I got the ruby card for 81 euro when it was 1000 CRO's required for staking...

the 1000 cro's I had to buy are now worth 180 euro.. and I've gotten 140 euro in cashback using the card, so pretty good deal for me..

If I were you I'd work out how much I'm spending each month, or year if possible lol and decide if it's worth going for the card.. It's very sweet if I'll be honest. Can pay for friends stuff and build up cashback that way etc.

If thinking of joining make sure to use someone's referral code as you and the person's code you used get 25$ free if you stake for a ruby card++

crypto ftw!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭SlowBlowin

I know I am a grumpy old f*%ker but he whole process of applying for these cards is driving me nuts.

I was using an app tonight (either Crypto or Binance) to take an ID image, selfie mode, it says "remove glasses", now there is another massage, but I cant read it so I put my glasses back on, the message reads "remove hands from face", so I remove my glasses again - etc etc.

SlowBlowin wrote: »
    I know I am a grumpy old f*%ker but he whole process of applying for these cards is driving me nuts.

I was using an app tonight (either Crypto or Binance) to take an ID image, selfie mode, it says "remove glasses", now there is another massage, but I cant read it so I put my glasses back on, the message reads "remove hands from face", so I remove my glasses again - etc etc.

yeah it's a nightmare a bit but, worth while! remember to use someone's ref code as a bonus on these crypto sites. Better to use than not! hope it worked out for ya

yeah it's a nightmare a bit but, worth while! remember to use someone's ref code as a bonus on these crypto sites. Better to use than not! hope it worked out for ya

If anyone's got valid referral codes for Crypto and Binance then PM them to me, I will use them tomorrow or whenever the ID gets approved..

• Registered Users Posts: 16,474 ✭✭✭✭banie01

If anyone's got valid referral codes for Crypto and Binance then PM them to me, I will use them tomorrow or whenever the ID gets approved..

Pm sent with codes for both.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭FGR

I thought to get 3% you'd have to stake 50 BNB which last I checked was €426 x 50 which is just nuts.

I have the card - can someone oblige and tell me I have it wrong so I can get more cashback ? I also wouldn't be surprised if bnb jumped that much in so little time..

FGR wrote: »
    I thought to get 3% you'd have to stake 50 BNB which last I checked was €426 x 50 which is just nuts.

I have the card - can someone oblige and tell me I have it wrong so I can get more cashback ? I also wouldn't be surprised if bnb jumped that much in so little time..

I have just got the Binance card, and yes thats my understanding too you need to stake 50 BNB.

I have the Crypto card on the way too, and thats a 3.5k stake, as I understand it.

FGR wrote: »

Yep I believe that's correct (it is not a once-off staking though, I think it is the 30 days moving average of all your BNB holdings on the Binance platform across all products). That’s pretty crazy and clearly it makes no sense to buy the tokens just for the benefits of the card, it is more something to take as an extra if you are holding the tokens for other reasons anyway.

• Advertisement

I have been enjoying spending crypto on the Binance card, but I do have 1 issue.

Lidl shopping, ATM and high street shopping no issues, but I am yet to find a source of fuel where the card works, the PIN is accepted but the transaction fails (with "code 100" on the garage with a self pay terminal). I have tried my 2 nearest petrol stations, 1 is a Centra and the other is an interdependent.

Is this just my bad luck or to be expected ?

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Rock Paper Scissors

Can you top up the binace card with euro and use it that way?

If you can, any fees/charges for doing so?

Thanks guys

• Registered Users Posts: 16,474 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Can you top up the binace card with euro and use it that way?

If you can, any fees/charges for doing so?

Thanks guys

You can deposit Euro to your binance account and then move it to your card from your spot wallet.

banie01 wrote: »
    You can deposit Euro to your binance account and then move it to your card from your spot wallet.

Any charges for POS transactions if I do this?

No charges for bank deposits, you still get cash back etc..

No charges for bank deposits, you still get cash back etc..

Thanks for the reply.

Are there any other fees for using the card in POS tranactions

Thanks for the reply.

Are there any other fees for using the card in POS transactions

No, you do not get cash back on ATM, everything else no fees and cash back. The only fees I have paid is when using a normal credit card to transfer money in, bank transfers are free.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

Binance just announced lower BNB requirements for rewards. Was thinking they'd have to do that alright.

Binance just announced lower BNB requirements for rewards. Was thinking they'd have to do that alright.

Yes while the BNB price increase is obviously great for old timers, it had made some of their services unattractive for new-comers.

Having said that, it should be a reminder to everyone that none of these benefits are contractual and Binance is free to change the rules at any time, for the better or the worse (same with CDC and any other similar platform).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Daithi40

Happy out using my Wirex and Cryptp.com cards thru Curve.... for 1 and 2 % cashback and linking to grocery stores and petrol stations...

Advertisement