Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New England Patriots Thread Mod Warning Post #253

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,936 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Well I think we will win out after the bye week and most likely be top seeds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,064 ✭✭✭Christy42

bruschi wrote: »
    Brady has looked poor this season. Even with the OL issues, which TBH I've thought they've good great when healthy, he's been missing throws and reads he'd normally make in his sleep.

Offensive play calling has been weird too. Hogan and Dorsett have disappeared, we continue to ignore White regularly, and run when we should pass. That first series against the Packers was phenomenal, where has that been all year?

I don't see us going past the Divisional round this year unless something majot changes. AFC teams are likely to be

1. Chiefs
    2. Steelers
    3. Pats
    4. Texans
    5. Chargers
    6. Titans

I wouldn't be confident of beating any of them away from home.

We could get to the championship game, I still could see us taking the Steelers there, but no way we beat the Chiefs at Arrowhead. Its very late in the year to be putting out such an abysmal performance as that one to the Titans. Maybe the bye is what is needed to reinvigorate and get it right, but I think the defence played above itself for 2 weeks and gave us a false sense of security and as above, I too think Brady has been way off his normal form. He missed some terrible throws on Sunday, one that sticks out was an easy out to White where he over threw it by yards. He has gone away from Hogan altogether now too for whatever reason. Its good there is an option there in Gordon, but he was trying to force it too much on Sunday.

I think Brady is starting to get old. I would say get a new qb in the draft to train up over the next few years. All season he has seemed a little off. Belichek and the rest of the team has done well to cover for it (though to be fair a bad Brady is still better than what most of the league has).

Brady is still absolutely a great qb (top 10 easy), even if he is off his usual form so I doubt you need him yet.

Even by Brady's own timeline he has 4 years left. 4 years is not so long on the bench for a qb. Especially for taking over a role like Brady's. We will see what will happen. Bill may go all in for another win with Brady, still definitely possible with the right tools around him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,546 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

eagle eye wrote: »

It could definitely happen, but I'd feel we'd be a paper tiger. I don't't have any confidence in the team this year. They look all out of sorts.

I felt after the SB that all we needed was a average defense to be able to win, but the way the offense has struggled this year is very disheartening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

Christy42 wrote: »
    I think Brady is starting to get old.
    Brady is old for the NFL :)
    He hasn't been at his best, but I don't see much to be worried about from the QB position (in terms of the overall team). He's still 5th in yards, and while Gordon has helped, in the redzone we've really missed a healthy Gronk (just one TD this season). And we're still 7:3.
    The D is still a huge worry, it's at the stage where we won't know if they'll turn up on the day or not.

Due to age, we could do with the next QB in next years draft, with a chance to sit like Jimmy did. Easier said that done though.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,142 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

eagle eye wrote: »

The Chiefs need to lose 2 of 6 games for us to be top seeds. I dont see that happening. They play the Rams this week which could be one, they have the Raiders twice and Ravens, Chargers at home and Seattle away.

Patriots have Vikings at home and Steelers away. As likely to lose those as the Chiefs are to lose another of their match ups. Plus, the game away in Miami has constantly been a thorn in the fixture list for whatever reason. I just dont see us catching them out and having top seed.

• Advertisement

meh.

A win is a win and good to have Gronk back. Good too that Michel wasnt badly injured and same with concerns over Brady and Edelman.

and a 14 point win.

But yet it just seems like a very unconvincing win. Again, I'm only looking long term down the line in January and I still dont see us toppling anyone in the NFC. The AFC doesnt look hugely dominating, Kansas being the best and Steelers showing in a couple of weeks now that they are very vulnerable too.

Will still probably go top 2 seed and a bye, but I'm far from convinced by the play on defence and offence right now. Still, this is the Patriots and I would never ever rule them out, I just dont see it at this point in time.

bruschi wrote: »
    I'm far from convinced by the play on defence and offence right now. Still, this is the Patriots and I would never ever rule them out, I just dont see it at this point in time.
    The offense didn't seem to click in the red zone. We moved the ball, but never put up the points. But once we went past 20pts, it was game over.
    Fortunate it was the Jets, cause the defense stunk and against the Rams/Saints, we'd be blown out.

On the positive side, Hogan got some catches, and Gordon is looking fitter. Lovely catch for that 3rd down. Still waiting to be convinced by this team, just don't seemed to have settled.

Agree with Bruschi, I don't think this team is built to win out, sadly.

Agree with Bruschi, I don't think this team is built to win out, sadly.
    I can see the offense clicking at some stage, but not the defense (not without the offense putting up points and pressure).
    To be fair, and I only really thought about this today, we are trying to get to a 3rd straight SB, and a 4th in 5 years. The league is designed to prevent teams doing that.

I can see the offense clicking at some stage, but not the defense (not without the offense putting up points and pressure).
    To be fair, and I only really thought about this today, we are trying to get to a 3rd straight SB, and a 4th in 5 years. The league is designed to prevent teams doing that.

Yeah and to be honest, most patriots fans are completely spoiled, I include myself in that. Where some fans hope they'll have a winning season, some think they have a shot of playoffs, patriots base their expectations on winning Superbowls. It's not arrogant or dismissive, but just a fact that they've achieved so much, expect so much, that it filters to fans expectations too.

Despite my expectations and obnoxiousness of Superbowl or bust, I'm still very appreciative of what I'm seeing. NFL on sky started just before the patriots (Brady?) dynasty so I've been more than lucky to have been able to watch them at their peak for 18 years now. So although I followed them prior, I can't say I've seen them thru the bad and average times. And it will be back. So to have such a run of absolute success is unbelievable. It would be nice to win more tho while the chance is still there!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Completely agree with us not winning it out, and there's no shame in that tbh. 3 SB appearances in 4 years is incredible, considering the nature of the league. You look at all the teams that have made the SB in recent years (Broncos, Falcons, Hawks, Eagles, Panthers) and none of those have even had comparable subsequent success.

Brady doesn't look himself, it seems that age might finally be creeping up with him, and the same can be said for Gronk. Our defensive front is really lacking a wrecking-ball leader that all contenders have. Our LBs especially are just so uninspiring. Dont'a does not look the player he was a few seasons ago, and Van Noy and Roberts are average NFL players at best. LB really needs to be addressed in next year's FA/draft, and our d-line could do with injection of quality also.

Doesn't take a genius to figure out that we're looking down the barrel of a major rebuild. I know Tom wants to play until he's 45, but best case scenario we're looking at max 2 more seasons of us being genuine contenders, and I even think that's a stretch. Our star players - Brady, Gronk, McCourty, Gilmore, Edelman, Hightower - are either in their prime (Gilmore) or on the down-slope of their careers. LBs and D-line aren't good enough and the obvious void of an heir to Brady is the easily the biggest concern. The only positive is that our o-line looks set for a number of years, which will be helpful to either an ageing Brady or a young QB.

I still think this season we could win it all, but that's probably my bias shining through. We've looked so poor on the road, yet been scintillating at home. If we somehow catch the Chiefs, which is a lot more realistic (however still unlikely) than I had previously thought, we have a great chance at reaching another SB. However, at Arrowhead I really don't give us much of a chance. But get to a SB and anything can happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,147 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Sickening. Brady might as well retire if Belichick doesn’t dramatically alter the defense in the off season

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Doogs27

What a way to lose the game!!! If the ravens win in overtime, pats will regret that Miami razzle dazzle

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAgh

That is all

The Chiefs winning is the problem to open up a two game lead.
    We didn't need to get the no.1 seed today but we needed to stay one game back. No chance of getting it now.
    Horrendous performance by the defence against a very average offense.

Still can't believe that play happened. It'll be the last time Gronk will be out there on a hail Mary anyway.

We're so poor on the road, we really can't afford to be lower than the #2 seed. Luckily the Texans lost or we would be staring down the barrel of a 3rd, if not 4th seed (with the Steelers away to come).

I feel so deflated. We're in the final year or two of being a genuine contender before a rebuild, and to all but lose out on the #1 seed like that is a shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭me89

Still can't believe that play happened. It'll be the last time Gronk will be out there on a hail Mary anyway.

We're so poor on the road, we really can't afford to be lower than the #2 seed. Luckily the Texans lost or we would be staring down the barrel of a 3rd, if not 4th seed (with the Steelers away to come).

I feel so deflated. We're in the final year or two of being a genuine contender before a rebuild, and to all but lose out on the #1 seed like that is a shame.

I don't understand why Gronk was in there, they were 70 yards from the endzone, Hail Mary wasn't going to reach.

Gronk subbed in for D-Mac

me89 wrote: »
    I don't understand why Gronk was in there, they were 70 yards from the endzone, Hail Mary wasn't going to reach.
    That was strange, no need for Gronk to be there, not his fault.

People will look at the last play, but there was lots of other issues.
    • Brady taking that sack (otherwise great), just 6pts in the second half, inability to run the ball, and then still running the ball (which had me screaming) instead of letting Brady continue to shred them.
    • The defense is just so bad. Not a single pro bowl contender amongst any of them. Flowers probably the only one having a good year.
    • Gost missing two kicks that he should make.
    There's no way we can go into the playoffs and win 3 (at least) games against the better teams with that D.

Well done Miami though. They'd the Tannehill injury, two blocked punts and Stills for some bizzare reason giving himself up short of the first down. They over came that and still won.

In fairness to Gilmore he's been excellent with the exception of the Titans game. He'll be in the conversation for All-Pro and is a nailed on pro-bowler.

Terrible ending will over shadow one of the best offensive displays this season. I thought Brady looked much more in sync, and the receivers were making plays. Running game wasn't up to much, and another bizarre lack of White.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭BizzyC

Its amazing that in a game where we had 2 blocked punts setting us up inside the redzone, and defending against an underwhelming Offence we still managed to lose that one.

I thought Brady looked pretty good, his pass to Patterson was phenomenal.

That defence though...people talk about our scoring D not being bad etc, but they are just so unreliable it's unreal.
    34 points against the Fins, letting Boldin in for 2 and then that mess at the end...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,213 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

If it weren't for that idiotic play at the end we could and should have won the game.
    If it were a W instead of an L the comments would be positive towards offense and critical of defense, same as always

If we win it all this year (less likely than other years) it will be one of Brady's most hard won rings as it will be the offense winning it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Sickening loss, way worse than the other losses this season because when you watched those games you knew we had lost well before it was over as oppose to thinking we'd won and then having it blow up in our face.

Also, the last play defensively a disaster. We setup for a long hail mary try so we we stretched out so when they threw it short they had so much space to run. Even if we had Josh Gordon in there instead of Gronk, he would have been a nice hybrid option for both scenarios. Tall and a good jumper obviously not as good as Gronk but he would also have been much more suited to chase after speedy RBs and WRs in the short pass and lateral scenario.

Because of the loss the 1st seed is out of the question but the 2nd seed and bye is still very much in play but we missed out on a massive opportunity yesterday to have a game cushion. The silver lining yesterday is that both the Texans and Steelers lost but now we need to win in Pittsburgh as the Texans have the easier schedule on the run in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,213 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Hazys wrote: »
    Because of the loss the 1st seed is out of the question but the 2nd seed and bye is still very much in play but we missed out on a massive opportunity yesterday to have a game cushion. The silver lining yesterday is that both the Texans and Steelers lost but now we need to win in Pittsburgh as the Texans have the easier schedule on the run in.
    Yeah I think #2 is the best we can hope for now.

Unfortunately I think the outcome of the season will be a loss in the AFC Championship game, to KC.

ELM327 wrote: »
    Yeah I think #2 is the best we can hope for now.

Unfortunately I think the outcome of the season will be a loss in the AFC Championship game, to KC.

Yeah, we're not that good this season. I keeping thinking this Sunday will be the time we put in a complete game for 60 minutes, figure out all the tiny issues that are nagging the team and blow a team out but it just hasn't come and it may never come. It could still happen and we go on a run at the right time, but it doesn't seem that likely this year.

I keep have to remind myself to take all this doom and gloom with a pinch of salt as we have such high standards as Pats fans that we are spoilt. Every other fan in the NFL would be ecstatic that we are the 2nd seed with 3 games left.

In fairness to Gilmore he's been excellent with the exception of the Titans game. He'll be in the conversation for All-Pro and is a nailed on pro-bowler.
    I’d be shocked for him to be an all-pro. It’d be shocking enough that he’d be a pro bowl selection.
    He’s has some good games, but he’s been terrible in a number of games as well. Fins didn’t throw that much yesterday, and Gilmore struggled when they did.

I’d be shocked for him to be an all-pro. It’d be shocking enough that he’d be a pro bowl selection.
    He’s has some good games, but he’s been terrible in a number of games as well. Fins didn’t throw that much yesterday, and Gilmore struggled when they did.

I'm not too sure you've been fair in your analysis. He's been near-universally lauded this season, and has been probably our best defensive player. Other Patriot forums I visit are very positive towards him, and tbh, I find it surprising you hold this opinion.
    It's hard to judge how the pro-bowl will be represented, considering it's fan-voted (which on another note is utterly ridiculous considering its importance for HOF). He should be an absolute lock, but due to him not being very high-profile, I could easily see him missing out.

Here's 1 article about him being a contender for all-pro.

Here's another by PFF, released about 2 weeks ago naming the MVP's for each position outside of QB, Gilmore got it for DB's (league-wide).

I literally searched his name and clicked the 'news' tab in google and those 2 popped up. I'm sure if you do a proper search a lot more positive articles can be found.

I'm also fairly certain there was a stat on Sunday about him having forced the lowest pass completion percentage for QB's, league-wide. Again, open to correction here, but I think PFF have him currently top 3 rated DBs in the league at present.

Yeah Gilmore has stood out on a poor defense.

• Advertisement

Other Patriot forums I visit are very positive towards him, and tbh, I find it surprising you hold this opinion.
    It's hard to judge how the pro-bowl will be represented, considering it's fan-voted
    I don't think you can use fans forums and then knock fan voting.
    Here's another by PFF
    PFF has value, I don't want to knock it too much. But in the home game against Miami, they were giving the Mimi D high scoring, despite us walking through them. It cut back to Rob Ryan who was literally laughing at their analysis.

I'm not saying he has been terrible, but I don't see the Pro-Bowl level play. He's had good games, but a number of bad games. And he's been beaten by average WRs, including Sunday. It might be fair to say he's been one our better players on defense; but he's paid to be our best and given the quality of our D, he should be one of the best. Maybe he could make the Pro-Bowl, but Fuller and Howard seem to be of a higher calibre than Gilmore (granted that I see Gilmore weekly and less of the other two).

I don't think you can use fans forums and then knock fan voting.

PFF has value, I don't want to knock it too much. But in the home game against Miami, they were giving the Mimi D high scoring, despite us walking through them. It cut back to Rob Ryan who was literally laughing at their analysis.

I'm not saying he has been terrible, but I don't see the Pro-Bowl level play. He's had good games, but a number of bad games. And he's been beaten by average WRs, including Sunday. It might be fair to say he's been one our better players on defense; but he's paid to be our best and given the quality of our D, he should be one of the best. Maybe he could make the Pro-Bowl, but Fuller and Howard seem to be of a higher calibre than Gilmore (granted that I see Gilmore weekly and less of the other two).

There's a big difference between voting for the pro-bowl and contributing to forums. One requires the click of a mouse, the other requires constructing an opinion and backing it up. Just because they both require an internet connection doesn't make them in any way similar. It's actually very easy to knock one and not the other.

From what I recall he didn't exactly have a bad game the weekend, he was beaten once on a deep comeback route that was perfectly thrown. Very hard to defend against as you're primary concern is the deep ball when you're 30 yards down the field. He also got beaten on a deep slant for a TD. If you look back on that play he was in excellent coverage. It was just an excellent throw and catch. Had the ball been thrown even slightly off he was in a great position to intercept.
    In this era there's no such thing as a lock down corner anyway. If you call a corner poor because they get beaten 1/2 times a game then every corner in the league is poor.

Also, what other games has he been poor in? Tennessee is the only one that comes to mind. Even in the debacle against the Jags I'm fairly sure he had an excellent game.

TBH I don't want to be getting too drawn into this because you're the first person I've come across who's putting forward an argument that Gilmore is having a bad year. He has easily been our best defensive player this season. To suggest he's having anything other than a great season so far is just wrong.

It's hard to get stats for DBs but here's a few:
    He's second in passes defended across the league, only Fuller has more.
    He's also first among DBs for forced incompletions.
    He has forced an incompletion on 27.9% of his targets so far this season – the highest rate of any corner in the league.
    Targeting him has netted opposing quarterbacks a 70.9 passer rating and 44.3 completion percentage (before Miami game).

I'd be more than happy to see any stats that show the contrary, or even any expert opinion.

There's a big difference between voting for the pro-bowl and contributing to forums. One requires the click of a mouse, the other requires constructing an opinion and backing it up.
    There's a difference, but it's still just fans. And in the forum you don't have to back anything up; you'll see that all the time.
    TBH I don't want to be getting too drawn into this because you're the first person I've come across who's putting forward an argument that Gilmore is having a bad year.
    Ok, if you're going to say something that I didn't say, then there's no point is going any further. Not Pro Bowl != Bad year.

Our DL is the problem, we are not putting any pressure on the opposing QB. We have the second lowest sack total in the league. We have very few pressures compared to most also.

The defense is just so bad. Not a single pro bowl contender amongst any of them. Flowers probably the only one having a good year.
    There's a difference, but it's still just fans. And in the forum you don't have to back anything up; you'll see that all the time.

Ok, if you're going to say something that I didn't say, then there's no point is going any further. Not Pro Bowl != Bad year.

Firstly, I just backed up my argument. You still haven't, even when asked for specific examples and provided with same for the opposing argument.
    Fair enough on the second point, but even still, Gilmore is having a great season in most people's opinion, and statistically. To say he isn't even having a good year is just plain wrong.

Firstly, I just backed up my argument. You still haven't, even when asked for specific examples and provided with same for the opposing argument. Fair enough on the second point, but even still, Gilmore is having a great season in most people's opinion, and statistically. To say he isn't even having a good year is just plain wrong.
    You are wasting your time my friend. He said something and won't back down even though he is wrong.

• Advertisement

Firstly, I just backed up my argument. You still haven't, even when asked for specific examples and provided with same for the opposing argument.
    He's had good games, but a number of bad games. And he's been beaten by average WRs, including Sunday.
    I mean, you can state stuff that I didn't say, and then ignore stuff as well. He didn't play well on Sunday, that is a specific example. He wasn't getting beat by a high class WR that has Pro-Bowl contention.
    Fair enough on the second point, but even still, Gilmore is having a great season in most people's opinion, and statistically. To say he isn't even having a good year is just plain wrong.
    I can be plain wrong in your opinion, and that's fine with me (and I'm sure it's the same with you). I've watched all the games. And as I said, he's has some good games, but a number of bad games as well; which I don't think puts him in the frame for Pro-Bowl. I think Flowers has had a good year, but not Pro-Bowl caliber (even though I saw a recent article that PFF had him extremely high on their chart).

Maybe we are just arguing semantics. You think he's been good enough to warrant Pro-Bowl, I don't. Maybe I'm being too critical of his play, and I can accept that maybe the money (and the expectations of being our No1 CB) is playing a factor. He hasn't had good safety help either. And if he doesn't get Pro-Bowl, I don't think that validates my point, as I agree that fan voting can skew it.

I mean, you can state stuff that I didn't say, and then ignore stuff as well. He didn't play well on Sunday, that is a specific example. He wasn't getting beat by a high class WR that has Pro-Bowl contention.

I can be plain wrong in your opinion, and that's fine with me (and I'm sure it's the same with you). I've watched all the games. And as I said, he's has some good games, but a number of bad games as well; which I don't think puts him in the frame for Pro-Bowl. I think Flowers has had a good year, but not Pro-Bowl caliber (even though I saw a recent article that PFF had him extremely high on their chart).

Maybe we are just arguing semantics. You think he's been good enough to warrant Pro-Bowl, I don't. Maybe I'm being too critical of his play, and I can accept that maybe the money (and the expectations of being our No1 CB) is playing a factor. He hasn't had good safety help either. And if he doesn't get Pro-Bowl, I don't think that validates my point, as I agree that fan voting can skew it.
    Fair enough, we'll agree to disagree. And completely agree about the pro-bowl, his inclusion or lack thereof is irrelevant.

That Dolphins loss is even worse now. Could be playing for the No.1 seed on Sunday.

Well we can still possibly get it. If we beat the Steelers we have a chance. Chiefs have a tough matchup at the Seahawks to come and Chargers have to go to Denver where they don't do well. I'm not in any way confident that it will happen, like as poor as the Steelers have been recently I still don't like our chances in Pittsburgh.

The defence would break your break

• Advertisement

me89 wrote: »
    The defence would break your break

Haha Int

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,427 ✭✭✭Shedite27

One of the greatest special teamas playes you'll ever see keeping the ball from going into the end zone.

Tbh the O has been worse today than the D so far. We still haven't put one decent drive together yet. And the dropped passes....
    At least the D has held them to 14.

Pathetic.

Well that was awful again from the offense. We really do suck at the minute

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 271 ✭✭Earleybird

So many uncharacteristic mistakes; getting a sinking feeling. For the first time in over a decade I no longer expect us to win no matter what.

Some bad drops and 14 penalties for 106 yards, very sloppy.

I'd still fancy us at home against anyone but it's hard to see us winning on the road in the playoffs.

I can't understand the play calling atball this year. Forcing a running game when it's not working, constantly puttting Brady in 3rd and long situations. Ignoring Gordon and Gronk in the red zone. Disappearance of Dorsett and Hogan.

This has been one of the most frustrating seasons o can remember, no identity on Offense at all. Actually think the defense has been much better this year. They gave us more than enough chances last night to take control of the game.

Crap game. The flag happy refs (when they felt like throwing a flag) made crap of it. Granted, a lot were pre snap so definitley flagged, but some of them were ridiculous calls that either made a mess of our drive or kept theirs going.

Ultimately though, it was a poor showing. The ints from Harmon barely kept the defence ticking over. Their third string RB ran all over us. Scoring 10 points will win you the square sum of F all. For a potential top seed team, they really dont look like one. The offence really is really not clicking. Genuinely wouldnt surprise me to see Gronk retire this off season. He looks bet.

Its not the first time I've written off the Patriots, but before it was more in haste and frustration and early in the season, this time it is more that I dont see where the improvements can come from and we are in the back straight leading into playoffs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭BizzyC

We're really looking poor lately.
    I had hoped for the surge in form come december, but we appear to be in full decline...

Interestingly though, my latest playoff prediction has us keeping the 2nd seed, with KC dropping from 1st.

I think Houston could drop one away to Philly,
    LA will win out
    KC could drop away to Seahawks
    If we can win our last 2 then, we keep our bye and have a chance to make the AFC game.

If we have to go on the road for the divisional, I cant see us winning.

• Advertisement
Advertisement