Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rebuilding Ireland home loan

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 652 ✭✭✭GaGa21

TeaCupMood wrote:
    Curious at what stage do most people go in face to face to talk about applying for this? Is it when you've got the application fully filled out or? I'm waiting one of the councils to reply by email about something that's blocking me from going further but I've a feeling I won't get a reply any time soon.

They call you in after your application has been submitted and gone through and before it's sent to the underwriters.
    You are better off phoning than emailing in my experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 TeaCupMood

GaGa21 wrote: »
    They call you in after your application has been submitted and gone through and before it's sent to the underwriters.
    You are better off phoning than emailing in my experience.

You're right. I just thought it'd be tough to get through to the right people but hopefully if I call the general number for the council they'll help.

Call council and ask to be put through to housing. When there, ask to speak to someone in charge of the applications.
    They will probably try fob you off by saying they will get someone to call you back. Say you would like to speak to someone now and if not you will wait till end of the day before you will call back ready to make a formal complaint...that worked for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭Teapot22

Hi, just wondering if there's anybody here who applied as a couple but with only one income and if they were successful? Looking into this at the moment. I imagine the council's underwriters are as strict as the banks? Such a frustrating process!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 delkel38

GaGa21 wrote: »
    Is this all councils or just Kildare? Maybe they have just reached their own individual budget? My application was only processed last week after applying in October and there was no mention of approvals being stopped with Offaly CC. Hoping to hear back next week if successful or not. Now am worried it's too late...
    We are dealing with offaly and the excuses come after we bombard them with emails. Told us last week the loan pack will be sent to our solicitor. This week their solicitor is reviewing our documents. All I can say is good luck with offaly but maybe you will be lucky if you plan to buy. I heard from a good source that 8 people have been approved so far by offaly.

• Advertisement

delkel38 wrote:
    We are dealing with offaly and the excuses come after we bombard them with emails. Told us last week the loan pack will be sent to our solicitor. This week their solicitor is reviewing our documents. All I can say is good luck with offaly but maybe you will be lucky if you plan to buy. I heard from a good source that 8 people have been approved so far by offaly.

Got good feedback regarding our application so am hopeful. But not happy with the delay in processing it. They obviously forgot about it due to the changes in departments and it's highly unlikely to be sorted this year.
    Only thing putting us off now is they don't top up for renovation costs of older houses....may need to look at newer build instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 foodiewarrior

hi guys.

i went sale agreed in September. I'm still waiting for the closing date. It wont be soon though.
    I want/need to change my job. It would be for the same salary. Is this ok with the RI scheme?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Cocobean1

Ailbag wrote: »
    Hi guys, just a heads up - I was approved for this loan in June and found a house in August so was looking to draw down a few weeks ago.

All paper work - sent to me and to my solicitor - stated that they needed 5 working days notice in order to arrange the transfer of funds.

However, when my solicitor sent in requisition form - 8 working days before my closing date, the council said there was no way my cheque (not transfer) would be ready. The result was an 8 day delay in my closing date, despite giving them more time than they asked for...

We would have sent in the paperwork earlier, but only received the closing date less than two weeks in advance. Just wanted to let people know!

The same thing happened to us!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

hi guys.

i went sale agreed in September. I'm still waiting for the closing date. It wont be soon though.
    I want/need to change my job. It would be for the same salary. Is this ok with the RI scheme?

You'd want to ask your relevant County Council rather than Boards - each one is different.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Alk866

Finally after more phone calls than hot dinners the approval letter comes in the door after applying in June with sdcc. Anyone else deal with sdcc. Did you have to submit payslips and statements again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 63 ✭✭klub44

Did any one had problem with gifts from parents? Firstly Fingal wanted only gift letter, which was provided, then they requested my mothers bank statement showing money transfers to me, and now they want my parents saving statements to prove where they had money from. My parents won't show me their saving/deposit account for obvious reason. So I don't know how to sort this request.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Mikeyd11111

Has anyone been successful in getting their own mpi. 10 percent is crazy. Aviva is only 15 a month I think...

Has anyone been successful in getting their own mpi. 10 percent is crazy. Aviva is only 15 a month I think...

It's crazy but you have to not qualify for their mpi in order to shop around for your own mpi. I think it's the same everywhere.

delkel38 wrote: »
    It's crazy but you have to not qualify for their mpi in order to shop around for your own mpi. I think it's the same everywhere.

Thanks for feedback have you any idea how to not qualify?thanks again

Can anyone tell me how accurate the calculator is. Are people getting the amount that the calculator saido you can have?

Can anyone tell me how accurate the calculator is. Are people getting the amount that the calculator saido you can have?

We were able to get the amount that the calculator gave.

Cocobean1 wrote: »
    We were able to get the amount that the calculator gave.

Thanks for reply

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 230 ✭✭surrender monkey

klub44 wrote: »
    Did any one had problem with gifts from parents? Firstly Fingal wanted only gift letter, which was provided, then they requested my mothers bank statement showing money transfers to me, and now they want my parents saving statements to prove where they had money from. My parents won't show me their saving/deposit account for obvious reason. So I don't know how to sort this request.

Usually a lender will accept a Deed of Confirmation. If you Google "irish banking federation deed of confirmation" you will get a blank copy of the deed. See if Fingal will accept this!

Thanks for feedback have you any idea how to not qualify?thanks again

This is part of the mpi contract

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,591 ✭✭✭raheny red

Hoping to sign contracts tomorrow :eek::)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 Whyohwhyy

For the hpl form, can I just walk in to a revenue office like the one in cathedral Street and get the form sorted? I'm in Dublin often enough anyway so this would be handy enough.

Whyohwhyy wrote: »
    For the hpl form, can I just walk in to a revenue office like the one in cathedral Street and get the form sorted? I'm in Dublin often enough anyway so this would be handy enough.

Yep. It takes 2 mins once there's nobody in front of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Huntline

Ailbag wrote: »
    Hi guys, just a heads up - I was approved for this loan in June and found a house in August so was looking to draw down a few weeks ago.

All paper work - sent to me and to my solicitor - stated that they needed 5 working days notice in order to arrange the transfer of funds.

However, when my solicitor sent in requisition form - 8 working days before my closing date, the council said there was no way my cheque (not transfer) would be ready. The result was an 8 day delay in my closing date, despite giving them more time than they asked for...

We would have sent in the paperwork earlier, but only received the closing date less than two weeks in advance. Just wanted to let people know!

Hi, do you mind me asking how long it took for the mortgage cheque to clear?

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Shamboo1801

Huntline wrote:
    Hi, do you mind me asking how long it took for the mortgage cheque to clear?

Our cheque was issued and sent to our solicitor on a Thursday, transferred to the sellers solicitor on Friday and we got our keys at 4.50 that day

Our cheque was issued and sent to our solicitor on a Thursday, transferred to the sellers solicitor on Friday and we got our keys at 4.50 that day

Thanks, the sellers solicitor received ours today, I thought we would have to wait 5 working days for it to clear.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 rootyrooty

Some questions that may have already been answered before but I can't find them :(

1. If I have no property in mind (just the area really), do I leave all the "DETAILS OF PROPERTY TO BE MORTGAGED" section blank?

2. Under "MORTGAGE DETAILS", I should probably leave this blank too if I don't have a place in mind? (since I don't know the purchase price, stamp duty etc)

3. Same for "CONTACT DETAILS" and the solicitor section?

Basically - it's early days for me but I really want to see if I can get approved for this scheme.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Colemania

rootyrooty wrote: »
    Some questions that may have already been answered before but I can't find them :(

1. If I have no property in mind (just the area really), do I leave all the "DETAILS OF PROPERTY TO BE MORTGAGED" section blank?

2. Under "MORTGAGE DETAILS", I should probably leave this blank too if I don't have a place in mind? (since I don't know the purchase price, stamp duty etc)

3. Same for "CONTACT DETAILS" and the solicitor section?

Basically - it's early days for me but I really want to see if I can get approved for this scheme.

Yes, you leave all the above blank but anything you're unsure about, you can run through with the County Council you're applying to when you meet them. That's the main purpose of the meeting

Colemania wrote: »
    Yes, you leave all the above blank but anything you're unsure about, you can run through with the County Council you're applying to when you meet them. That's the main purpose of the meeting

Thanks! On another note, which banks are people using at the minute for the rejections? I remember reading a good while back that there are some which are better than others to get a rejection letter online etc. I think AIB was one of them that give you a letter of rejection online and maybe the other was just using the BOI calculator or something.

Thanks! On another note, which banks are people using at the minute for the rejections? I remember reading a good while back that there are some which are better than others to get a rejection letter online etc. I think AIB was one of them that give you a letter of rejection online and maybe the other was just using the BOI calculator or something.

We got ones from Bank of Ireland and KBC anyway. You have to get an actual letter from them on their letter head though.

• Advertisement

We got ones from Bank of Ireland and KBC anyway. You have to get an actual letter from them on their letter head though.

Thanks again. I think some councils are less strict but I'll see, I remember some people on here saying online calculators will do in some cases. Then again the FAQs does make it look like it might have to be a letter: "A letter stating that your application is outside the lending criteria of the bank or building society with a lender calculator output sheet showing inadequate loan capacity for the amount sought from your local authority"

Maybe I read it wrong the first time. If anyone knows easy ways to get a rejection letter (online would be great) let me know!

Thanks again. I think some councils are less strict but I'll see, I remember some people on here saying online calculators will do in some cases. Then again the FAQs does make it look like it might have to be a letter: "A letter stating that your application is outside the lending criteria of the bank or building society with a lender calculator output sheet showing inadequate loan capacity for the amount sought from your local authority"

Maybe I read it wrong the first time. If anyone knows easy ways to get a rejection letter (online would be great) let me know!

Just to be clear. It's not so much a rejection letter. It's more so an insufficient offer. Most banks will offer you something but that something could be way off what this scheme is offering and what you require. We called up bank of ireland and they emailed us a letter of offer instantly, on their headed paper. The amount offered was way off what this scheme was offering so therfore is an insufficient offer and one of the 2 letters required for this application.

Just to be clear. It's not so much a rejection letter. It's more so an insufficient offer. Most banks will offer you something but that something could be way off what this scheme is offering and what you require. We called up bank of ireland and they emailed us a letter of offer instantly, on their headed paper. The amount offered was way off what this scheme was offering so therfore is an insufficient offer and one of the 2 letters required for this application.

Sorry that's what I meant - you're right. That sounds like a good option then for 1 letter, I'll try call them today so. Approval in principle I guess.

Huntline wrote:
    Thanks, the sellers solicitor received ours today, I thought we would have to wait 5 working days for it to clear.

I don't believe it's an actual physical cheque but a transfer of funds. Once it hits their account, away you go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 196 ✭✭Evenstevens

Sorry that's what I meant - you're right. That sounds like a good option then for 1 letter, I'll try call them today so. Approval in principle I guess.

I've been approved by DCC using the AIB online calculator and another one. You can print off the results from the AIB website. I also submitted KBC one which I had to do the long application for but got a decision in 2 weeks.

I don't believe it's an actual physical cheque but a transfer of funds. Once it hits their account, away you go.

No, ours was definitely a physical cheque which seems very outdated for a local authority to be dealing in such a way.

• Advertisement

Huntline wrote: »
    No, ours was definitely a physical cheque which seems very outdated for a local authority to be dealing in such a way.

Yeah

Cocobean1 wrote: »
    Yeah

Hi coco bean, thanks for the reply. How is your application coming along

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Whyohwhyy

I've been approved by DCC using the AIB online calculator and another one. You can print off the results from the AIB website. I also submitted KBC one which I had to do the long application for but got a decision in 2 weeks.

As in literally a screenshot of the calculator or did you go through the process of creating an online account, submitting all the info online and then getting a letter (for AIB)? My application with AIB online seems to have stopped working somehow so if I could use a calculator it'd help a lot.

Instead AIB are sending me out a form after talking to them on the phone for a while. I don't mind doing a bit of work for 1 bank but doing it for 2 on top of all the other paper work is taking its toll.

Certainly is very outdated. Our solicitor informed us that the funds had been transferred to her account from the council. She then transferred to the sellers solicitors account. This was all done in the space of 2 days and we had our keys by COB on the second day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 196 ✭✭Evenstevens

Whyohwhyy wrote: »
    As in literally a screenshot of the calculator or did you go through the process of creating an online account, submitting all the info online and then getting a letter (for AIB)? My application with AIB online seems to have stopped working somehow so if I could use a calculator it'd help a lot.

Instead AIB are sending me out a form after talking to them on the phone for a while. I don't mind doing a bit of work for 1 bank but doing it for 2 on top of all the other paper work is taking its toll.

No I created an account with them and that allowed me to print off what I needed. That's what I submitted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 Lee3b

Finally after months I signed solicitors contracts Today to start the drawdown of our loan we applied with kildare in June and still haven't finished up yet we hope to be in our house by the end of January it was a loooooonnng road very hard one .. I know it will be worth it when we get there but the stress of it is sooo hard. Anyone applying just be prepared its not easy

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Slavi Pavlov

Lee3b wrote: »
    Finally after months I signed solicitors contracts Today to start the drawdown of our loan we applied with kildare in June and still haven't finished up yet we hope to be in our house by the end of January it was a loooooonnng road very hard one .. I know it will be worth it when we get there but the stress of it is sooo hard. Anyone applying just be prepared its not easy

Hi Lee3b, I’m glad to hear that you’re almost done with all that, I completely agree with the way how you described the process “Long, Hard and stressful” experience indeed! We applied at beginning of July and we are waiting for those contracts to be send over this week before Christmas so we can sign them too. The way how I see it happening is end of January but I’m not sure how long it takes to actually drawdown. For those who are thinking to apply for RIHL do know Yes it’s worth it! Just keep in mind that the amount of stress getting through the process is huge!
    @Lee3b please let me know if you have more details over the actual drawdown time frame please.
    Thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭brennan10

Meant to post this sooner but I've come through the application to finally moving in having applied through DCC. Signed the transfer deeds with my solicitor today which will be sent back to the council for safe keeping until the loan is paid off in 30 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭jesso22

I thought as much. Seems a bit harsh to me to miss a payment or two on a loan and then effectively be frozen out of buying a house for 5 years. Not sure what we are going to do when the time to buy comes now.

Go for it! My partner missed a few payments, his savings are terrible, but we still got approved. Think we kind of balanced each other out. My income is low, where his is higher, but my savings are good.

So.. solicitor received the contracts about 2 weeks ago, how much longer are are we talking about here till getting the keys..? I did see the massive size of the contract and know it's coming up to Christmas and we're the furthest one down on her list of priorities.. but generally speaking?

Also, council mentions needing proof of house insurance with them recognised on it before the drawdown of the loan. Am I right in saying we can't sort this until we have a closing date?

I forgot to mention, our solicitor knows the Dublin City Council's solicitors pretty well as they worked in that firm previously. It may help those going for the loan with DCC so drop us a PM if you want their details. Small gains and all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Lee3b

Hi yes it's sooo hard I just found it so stressful and still won't believe it until we have our keys . If been advised it normally takes 14 days that this part is quite quick but with Chrismas its just going to be affected . The solicitors not does say 14 day so they have told us 5th of ham at earliest however our solicitor has advised 11th before we close up . Keep me posted how u get on. I'm so grateful for this scheme having two children the banks said it wouldn't be an option ever for us to borrow what we got off the council so absolutely thrilled .

• Registered Users Posts: 4 CarlK90

Hi everyone, myself and my partner applied to Meath county council at the start of October and we got accepted last week. Great news right before Christmas. We got accepted for the full amount at 2% fixed. Meath Coco are a pleasure to deal with. We could email and phone with any queries and they would get back to us that day. We have just sent back the letter of acceptance and looking forward to the next step. We are buying a new build house which will be completed in March/April 2019. We put a booking deposit on this house in October this year. Our Help To Buy is sorted, along with everything for the house, so I guess it is just a waiting game now until it all falls into place.
    Roll on 2019 :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭trudy2222

Good morning all.

I’m at the very start of the process and I’m just wondering is it possible to apply to more than one county council?

We were hoping to buy somewhere in fingal or north county Dublin.

As far as I know, you have to be living in the county you are applying for.

Scratch that - seems i am mistaken!

• Advertisement
Advertisement