Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rebuilding Ireland home loan

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭GaGa21

TeaCupMood wrote:
    Curious at what stage do most people go in face to face to talk about applying for this? Is it when you've got the application fully filled out or? I'm waiting one of the councils to reply by email about something that's blocking me from going further but I've a feeling I won't get a reply any time soon.

They call you in after your application has been submitted and gone through and before it's sent to the underwriters.
    You are better off phoning than emailing in my experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 TeaCupMood

GaGa21 wrote: »
    They call you in after your application has been submitted and gone through and before it's sent to the underwriters.
    You are better off phoning than emailing in my experience.

You're right. I just thought it'd be tough to get through to the right people but hopefully if I call the general number for the council they'll help.

Call council and ask to be put through to housing. When there, ask to speak to someone in charge of the applications.
    They will probably try fob you off by saying they will get someone to call you back. Say you would like to speak to someone now and if not you will wait till end of the day before you will call back ready to make a formal complaint...that worked for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭Teapot22

Hi, just wondering if there's anybody here who applied as a couple but with only one income and if they were successful? Looking into this at the moment. I imagine the council's underwriters are as strict as the banks? Such a frustrating process!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 delkel38

GaGa21 wrote: »
    Is this all councils or just Kildare? Maybe they have just reached their own individual budget? My application was only processed last week after applying in October and there was no mention of approvals being stopped with Offaly CC. Hoping to hear back next week if successful or not. Now am worried it's too late...
    We are dealing with offaly and the excuses come after we bombard them with emails. Told us last week the loan pack will be sent to our solicitor. This week their solicitor is reviewing our documents. All I can say is good luck with offaly but maybe you will be lucky if you plan to buy. I heard from a good source that 8 people have been approved so far by offaly.

• Advertisement

delkel38 wrote:
    We are dealing with offaly and the excuses come after we bombard them with emails. Told us last week the loan pack will be sent to our solicitor. This week their solicitor is reviewing our documents. All I can say is good luck with offaly but maybe you will be lucky if you plan to buy. I heard from a good source that 8 people have been approved so far by offaly.

Got good feedback regarding our application so am hopeful. But not happy with the delay in processing it. They obviously forgot about it due to the changes in departments and it's highly unlikely to be sorted this year.
    Only thing putting us off now is they don't top up for renovation costs of older houses....may need to look at newer build instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 foodiewarrior

hi guys.

i went sale agreed in September. I'm still waiting for the closing date. It wont be soon though.
    I want/need to change my job. It would be for the same salary. Is this ok with the RI scheme?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Cocobean1

Ailbag wrote: »
    Hi guys, just a heads up - I was approved for this loan in June and found a house in August so was looking to draw down a few weeks ago.

All paper work - sent to me and to my solicitor - stated that they needed 5 working days notice in order to arrange the transfer of funds.

However, when my solicitor sent in requisition form - 8 working days before my closing date, the council said there was no way my cheque (not transfer) would be ready. The result was an 8 day delay in my closing date, despite giving them more time than they asked for...

We would have sent in the paperwork earlier, but only received the closing date less than two weeks in advance. Just wanted to let people know!

The same thing happened to us!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

hi guys.

i went sale agreed in September. I'm still waiting for the closing date. It wont be soon though.
    I want/need to change my job. It would be for the same salary. Is this ok with the RI scheme?

You'd want to ask your relevant County Council rather than Boards - each one is different.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Alk866

Finally after more phone calls than hot dinners the approval letter comes in the door after applying in June with sdcc. Anyone else deal with sdcc. Did you have to submit payslips and statements again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭klub44

Did any one had problem with gifts from parents? Firstly Fingal wanted only gift letter, which was provided, then they requested my mothers bank statement showing money transfers to me, and now they want my parents saving statements to prove where they had money from. My parents won't show me their saving/deposit account for obvious reason. So I don't know how to sort this request.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Mikeyd11111

Has anyone been successful in getting their own mpi. 10 percent is crazy. Aviva is only 15 a month I think...

Has anyone been successful in getting their own mpi. 10 percent is crazy. Aviva is only 15 a month I think...

It's crazy but you have to not qualify for their mpi in order to shop around for your own mpi. I think it's the same everywhere.

delkel38 wrote: »
    It's crazy but you have to not qualify for their mpi in order to shop around for your own mpi. I think it's the same everywhere.

Thanks for feedback have you any idea how to not qualify?thanks again

Can anyone tell me how accurate the calculator is. Are people getting the amount that the calculator saido you can have?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Cocobean1

Can anyone tell me how accurate the calculator is. Are people getting the amount that the calculator saido you can have?

We were able to get the amount that the calculator gave.

Cocobean1 wrote: »
    We were able to get the amount that the calculator gave.

Thanks for reply

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭surrender monkey

klub44 wrote: »
    Did any one had problem with gifts from parents? Firstly Fingal wanted only gift letter, which was provided, then they requested my mothers bank statement showing money transfers to me, and now they want my parents saving statements to prove where they had money from. My parents won't show me their saving/deposit account for obvious reason. So I don't know how to sort this request.

Usually a lender will accept a Deed of Confirmation. If you Google "irish banking federation deed of confirmation" you will get a blank copy of the deed. See if Fingal will accept this!

Thanks for feedback have you any idea how to not qualify?thanks again

This is part of the mpi contract

• Registered Users Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭raheny red

Hoping to sign contracts tomorrow :eek::)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 Whyohwhyy

For the hpl form, can I just walk in to a revenue office like the one in cathedral Street and get the form sorted? I'm in Dublin often enough anyway so this would be handy enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭raheny red

Whyohwhyy wrote: »
    For the hpl form, can I just walk in to a revenue office like the one in cathedral Street and get the form sorted? I'm in Dublin often enough anyway so this would be handy enough.

Yep. It takes 2 mins once there's nobody in front of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Huntline

Ailbag wrote: »
    Hi guys, just a heads up - I was approved for this loan in June and found a house in August so was looking to draw down a few weeks ago.

All paper work - sent to me and to my solicitor - stated that they needed 5 working days notice in order to arrange the transfer of funds.

However, when my solicitor sent in requisition form - 8 working days before my closing date, the council said there was no way my cheque (not transfer) would be ready. The result was an 8 day delay in my closing date, despite giving them more time than they asked for...

We would have sent in the paperwork earlier, but only received the closing date less than two weeks in advance. Just wanted to let people know!

Hi, do you mind me asking how long it took for the mortgage cheque to clear?

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Shamboo1801

Huntline wrote:
    Hi, do you mind me asking how long it took for the mortgage cheque to clear?

Our cheque was issued and sent to our solicitor on a Thursday, transferred to the sellers solicitor on Friday and we got our keys at 4.50 that day

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Huntline

Our cheque was issued and sent to our solicitor on a Thursday, transferred to the sellers solicitor on Friday and we got our keys at 4.50 that day

Thanks, the sellers solicitor received ours today, I thought we would have to wait 5 working days for it to clear.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 rootyrooty

Some questions that may have already been answered before but I can't find them :(

1. If I have no property in mind (just the area really), do I leave all the "DETAILS OF PROPERTY TO BE MORTGAGED" section blank?

2. Under "MORTGAGE DETAILS", I should probably leave this blank too if I don't have a place in mind? (since I don't know the purchase price, stamp duty etc)

3. Same for "CONTACT DETAILS" and the solicitor section?

Basically - it's early days for me but I really want to see if I can get approved for this scheme.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

rootyrooty wrote: »
    Some questions that may have already been answered before but I can't find them :(

1. If I have no property in mind (just the area really), do I leave all the "DETAILS OF PROPERTY TO BE MORTGAGED" section blank?

2. Under "MORTGAGE DETAILS", I should probably leave this blank too if I don't have a place in mind? (since I don't know the purchase price, stamp duty etc)

3. Same for "CONTACT DETAILS" and the solicitor section?

Basically - it's early days for me but I really want to see if I can get approved for this scheme.

Yes, you leave all the above blank but anything you're unsure about, you can run through with the County Council you're applying to when you meet them. That's the main purpose of the meeting

Colemania wrote: »
    Yes, you leave all the above blank but anything you're unsure about, you can run through with the County Council you're applying to when you meet them. That's the main purpose of the meeting

Thanks! On another note, which banks are people using at the minute for the rejections? I remember reading a good while back that there are some which are better than others to get a rejection letter online etc. I think AIB was one of them that give you a letter of rejection online and maybe the other was just using the BOI calculator or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

rootyrooty wrote: »
    Thanks! On another note, which banks are people using at the minute for the rejections? I remember reading a good while back that there are some which are better than others to get a rejection letter online etc. I think AIB was one of them that give you a letter of rejection online and maybe the other was just using the BOI calculator or something.

We got ones from Bank of Ireland and KBC anyway. You have to get an actual letter from them on their letter head though.

• Advertisement

Colemania wrote: »
    We got ones from Bank of Ireland and KBC anyway. You have to get an actual letter from them on their letter head though.

Thanks again. I think some councils are less strict but I'll see, I remember some people on here saying online calculators will do in some cases. Then again the FAQs does make it look like it might have to be a letter: "A letter stating that your application is outside the lending criteria of the bank or building society with a lender calculator output sheet showing inadequate loan capacity for the amount sought from your local authority"

Maybe I read it wrong the first time. If anyone knows easy ways to get a rejection letter (online would be great) let me know!

Advertisement