Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Aer Lingus Fleet/Routes Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Luckysasha

Anyone have any info on EI103 DUB to JFK staring this month (Departing DUB @ 7.50am) It's supposed to be leased from Air Contractors but I can't see any info on seating etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,542 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Yes it will be operated by one of the three Boeing 757s that they are providing to Aer Lingus currently.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,106 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Luckysasha wrote: »
    Anyone have any info on EI103 DUB to JFK staring this month (Departing DUB @ 7.50am) It's supposed to be leased from Air Contractors but I can't see any info on seating etc.

The current 757 service SNN-BOS will be moved to DUB for the summer months (A 762 will be put in SNN).

You should be able to access seat maps on the website for EI103, make a false booking and go as far as seat selection. No credit card info needed.

If you want to go through alternative measures, get the seat map for either SNN-JFK or DUB-YYZ, or google "Seatmap Aer Lingus 757"

Seating is 3x3 in economy 2x2 in business class.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,856 ✭✭✭trellheim

The Airbus seats with no seatback netting are a pile of dog doo doo. Are there any plans to change this ? There is nowhere to put a bottle of water or a book,

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

trellheim wrote: »
    The Airbus seats with no seatback netting are a pile of dog doo doo. Are there any plans to change this ? There is nowhere to put a bottle of water or a book,

I assume you ar referring to the handful of ex-Iberia aircraft in the EI fleet. Dont think they are changing them any time soon.
    4-6 months ago they was talk that EI were comparing options for a revamp of their S/H seating....(H6 Airliners Experience visit showed some pics of a selection of seats)
    Absolute earliest we might see a change (assuming a decision has been made) would be this Winter...I would suspect a 'smaller' carrier like EI may have to wit till Winter 2016/2017 to take delivery of a seat order.

*Al of the above is guesswork by your truly...I have no actual info :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,142 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

trellheim wrote: »

Theses seats are likely the future of aircraft seating, lighter seats, a plastic pocket for a magazine and safety card etc, more durable and therefore less maintenance less cost !! My airline are looking at plans to remove the fabric seat pocket altogether because they keep breaking and are abused by passengers, and replacing new seats with a hard plastic pouch!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,806 ✭✭✭billie1b

Off topic

Speaking of revamps, FR are starting the revamp of their 738's this winter schedule.

billie1b wrote: »
    Off topic

Speaking of revamps, FR are starting the revamp of their 738's this winter schedule.

Are they? How are they changing them?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,806 ✭✭✭billie1b

Carnacalla wrote: »
    Are they? How are they changing them?

Sky interior, getting rid of the yellow, new slimmer but studier seats, new carpets.

* they haven't decided if the seats will be this year or next year yet

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Preset No.3

Off topic

I know FR are a major shareholder in EI but someone should start an FR fleet discussion so it won't infect things here.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Preset No.3

Flew this weekend on -DVK and -DVH. Both aircraft looked incredibly shabby with loose tray tables, very worn leather and overall appearance of the aircraft.

I know FR are a major shareholder in EI but someone should start an FR fleet discussion so it won't infect things here.

Usually I would agree, but IMO the Ryanair fleet is fairly boring and I doubt that thread would really "take-off". (Sorry for the ancient pun)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Sky interior, getting rid of the yellow, new slimmer but studier seats, new carpets.

* they haven't decided if the seats will be this year or next year yet

Can they retrofit sky interior into the current fleet?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

This thread is for EI fleet discussion, please start an FR fleet discussion thread if you would like to keep posting about it. Thanks.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,620 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Didn't want to start a new thread but I'm flying on an AL B757 (SNN-JFK) this day week.

I've got seat 22F (window) both ways. Did I make a good selection?

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭knockon

Right in the middle with the 3 lavs around you. ....http://corporate.aerlingus.com/companyprofile/fleet/boeing757/

I'd move if it were me.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

I've got seat 22F (window) both ways. Did I make a good selection?

If I were you I would try to be in the forward lefthand half of the cabin.... ie in front of row 17.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,620 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Tenger wrote: »
    If I were you I would try to be in the forward lefthand half of the cabin.... ie in front of row 17.

I tried but I can't change the seat unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,133 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

When online check in opens you should be able to select a different seat, failing that check in at airport, ask agent if another seat is available you can move.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭kevinandrew

The Aer Lingus 2014 results presentation does state that they will be investing in the short haul fleet, how far that investment will go remains to be seen but as mentioned they were looking at new seats and in the meantime they've been fitting new seat covers to some of the older aircraft.

With Ryanair going for the Boeing Sky Interior, or at least the retrofit option, it will make the current Aer Lingus cabin look very bland and dated. New seats and updating the older overhead lockers is the least they could do to keep up, go one step further and they could look at the Zodiac offering for the Airbus cabin, it's ahead of the Sky Interior.

• Advertisement

Anyone know anything about the 767 arriving in Shannon to operate services from the 8th of June? Has it got its business refit yet?

Anyone know anything about the 767 arriving in Shannon to operate services from the 8th of June? Has it got its business refit yet?

The B767 will operate BOS-SNN this evening. I assume the outbound 757 (EI-LBS) will position to Dublin this evening empty? I also assume the B767 has got the business refit in the U.S.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

The B767 will operate BOS-SNN this evening. I assume the outbound 757 (EI-LBS) will position to Dublin this evening empty? I also assume the B767 has got the business refit in the U.S.

What times are going on here?

fr336 wrote: »
    What times are going on here?

The B767 is scheduled for departure from BOs at 19:15 and arrival at SNN at 06:15.

The B767 is scheduled for departure from BOs at 19:15 and arrival at SNN at 06:15.

Ta. And the 757 whenever?

Oh I see! You reckon it will return to DUB from BOS empty

fr336 wrote: »
    Oh I see! You reckon it will return to DUB from BOS empty

Yep spot on ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Jack1985

Yep spot on ;)

Nope it's returning to DUB as EI132 with pax in both economy and business. Why pass on the opportunity to make money on a positioning Atlantic flight, huh? :)

So a total of four (!) Aer Lingus flights from BOS tonight:

EI136 BOS-DUB A333 EI-ELA 1800L/0505L (2200Z/0405Z)
    EI134 BOS-SNN B762 N225AX 1915L/0615L (2315Z/0515Z)
    EI138 BOS-DUB A333 EI-EAV 2100L/0805L (0100Z/0705Z)
    EI132 BOS-DUB B752 EI-LBS 2200L/0930L (0200Z/0830Z)

EI-LBR takes the honors tomorrow of operating the inaugural EI103 at 07:50 after its arrival from YYZ as EI128.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭A319er

And it's 98% full too , smart flies ...........

• Advertisement

98% full? With a B762, 2 A333's and a B752?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement