Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Fire Stick error 5505

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭spider_pig

SCOOP 64 wrote: »
    just checked region, it is set to Ireland, Republic of, never had it working, given up trying.

Yes ser to Ireland but I change to uk and still doesn't work.ive been on so many chats now over the past few weeks and each time they say the same that I've a uk model I need the international one.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Yeah, if you buy the FireTV or FireTV 4K you'll have hassle. Buy the basic and itll work right away. Its totally retarded but there you go.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭ridelikeaturtle

[HTML][/HTML]
    spider_pig wrote: »
    still no joy for me with that, i tried it with uk address and Irish address both dont work

I suspect then you may have one of the FireSticks that is UK-only, and if you want it to work for Amazon Prime Video content, you'll need to purchase another "international" version.

However, you may be able to access content via 3rd-party apps on the FireStick, such as NetFlix; it's just the Amazon Prime Video content that won't work (because it's outside the UK).

ED E wrote: »
    Yeah, if you buy the FireTV or FireTV 4K you'll have hassle. Buy the basic and itll work right away. Its totally retarded but there you go.

I have the basic fire stick and still had to get Amazon web chat to allow me to access prime video content on it when used in Ireland.

he also said that if I access prime video on another non-amazon device e.g. a laptop that it (setting change) would have to be done again as that would reset the change that he made.

this issue stems from the fact that these fire stick / tv products are not to be sold for shipping to Ireland ( only if you use a redirect service like parcel motel etc ) and the amazon prime content is not configured to work on them when in use in Ireland

being honest the content is not that great really.

the fire stick itself can be useful for other services.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 blackwrx

Had this error. Got on the chat to an agent called Pakrash. He sorted it in a few mins. Just had to reboot the firestick after and all worked ok.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,568 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

2 min web chat, told them error 5505 and regional error, fixed it in a jiffy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,223 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Have'nt tried in a long time to fix that, might give it a go as some people seem to be getting somewhere.

Have'nt tried in a long time to fix that, might give it a go as some people seem to be getting somewhere.

if you are a prime subscriber just get on web chat and ask straight off could they please change the setting to enable your fire tv to work for prime content in Ireland.

if they don't agree just try again later and you'll get a different person

but you shouldn't have a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 TableTopTree20

If (like me) the Amazon live-chat gets you nowhere you can do the following:

1. Open the Silk Web Browser on the Fire TV
    2. Go to primevideo.com and login (tick 'Keep me signed in' and also save password if prompted - makes it easier to log back in)
    3. At the top of the screen in Silk Browser there is a button to show the desktop version of the site, click it.
    4. Select a movie or TV show, when you click the play button it will play it in the native Prime Video app with no 5505 error.

You can add a shortcut to "primevideo.com/mystuff/watchlist/" on the Fire TV homescreen by installing an app called "Bookmarker 1" from the official app store. When you open it first you enter the url and choose 'Silk Browser'. Every time you click it in the future it will open your Prime Video watchlist in Silk Browser with just one click.

Another solution is to install the Android TV app version of Prime Video on the Fire TV.

The apk can be downloaded at this link:
    gofile.io/?c=BBBdPJ
    -- or --
    drive.google.com/file/d/1Nv80eU5QRYKh1rMOx35UsG_BE6XTEimE/view

It worked for me with no 5505 error

I got the link from this XDA post - forum.xda-developers.com/android-stick--console-computers/help/app-amazon-prime-video-apk-sony-tv-t3981747

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭spider_pig

Another solution is to install the Android TV app version of Prime Video on the Fire TV.

The apk can be downloaded at this link:
    drive.google.com/file/d/1Nv80eU5QRYKh1rMOx35UsG_BE6XTEimE/view

It worked for me with no 5505 error

I got the link from this XDA post - forum.xda-developers.com/android-stick--console-computers/help/app-amazon-prime-video-apk-sony-tv-t3981747

Do you download it with the browser on the firestick?

spider_pig wrote: »
    Do you download it with the browser on the firestick?

No, the Silk Browser on the Fire TV does not allow downloads.

This link shows you how to install an apk: lifewire.com/how-to-sideload-fire-tv-apps-on-your-fire-tv-4582671

Open the Settings menu on your Fire TV device --> Select My Fire TV --> Select Developer options --> Turn on both ADB debugging and Apps from Unknown Sources

You then install an app called "Downloader" from the official Fire TV app store.

Open "Downloader" and enter this URL:
    gofile.io/?c=BBBdPJ

The webpage will open within the "Downloader" app - click the download button on the webpage.

It should then download and install the app.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭mistress_gi

Hi all! I am also experiencing this error on my firecube. But my prime vídeo account is through eir.
    Anyone ever got that setup working in firetv?

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭SharpCoder

I had this issue and changing my locale to Republic of Ireland had no effect.

I am a Amazon Prime UK member but went to Amazon.com support chat @ https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/contact-us/general-questions.html?

went to "Devices - FireTablet, FireTV, Echo etc."

Selected my Device..

Picked "Fire TV Device"

Then picked "Prime Video"

then lastly "Problem Streaming/Downloading Video"

I then picked the Recommended "Chat" to talk to someone.

i set chat title question as "I am getting a error 5505 when trying to view primevideo on my firestick"

Chat went as so...
    09:23 AM PDT *******(Amazon): Hello, my name is *******. I'm here to help you today.
    I'm sorry that you are getting error while streaming on fire stick device.
    May I know your current location?
    09:24 AM PDT Myself: Republic of Ireland
    09:24 AM PDT *******: Have you subscribed for Prime through Amazon.com or Amazon.co.uk?
    09:24 AM PDT Myself: .co.uk i believe
    09:26 AM PDT *******: Myself, it seems you accidentally contacted Amazon.com instead of Amazon.co.uk.
    However, please do not worry, I will check and try my best to help you.
    Just to confirm, did you purchase the Fire stick device from Amazon.co.uk?
    09:26 AM PDT Myself: no, i purchased it on a kiosk in the UK
    09:27 AM PDT *******: Okay, thanks for the info.
    Please allow me a moment to check this for you.
    Thanks for waiting.
    09:28 AM PDT *******: Myself, I've made some changes in your account, can you check if the prime video working on fire stick or still getting error?
    09:28 AM PDT Myself: ok, let me check
    09:28 AM PDT *******: Sure.
    09:30 AM PDT Myself: okay, yes it seems to working now
    09:30 AM PDT *******: Great !!!!!
    I set the video home territory to your location and as per your Fire stick device.
    Please be rest assured, you won't face this issue now.
    It wasn't set before.
    09:31 AM PDT Myself: Thank you *******, will i have to do that on my other firestick too?
    i have two
    09:31 AM PDT *******: You can check that one too.
    That should also work now.
    09:31 AM PDT Myself: okay will check that now too
    09:31 AM PDT *******: Sure.
    Please do.
    09:34 AM PDT *******: Did you check the other one too?
    09:36 AM PDT Myself: okay sorry had to boot it up cold, took a little while, yes it's working now, thank you!
    09:36 AM PDT *******: You're most welcome, Is there anything else I can do to bring a smile on your face?

09:36 AM PDT Myself: That's all *******, thanks for your assistance.
    09:36 AM PDT *******: Thanks for contacting Amazon.
    It was a pleasure assisting you today. We look forward to seeing you soon.
    Have a great day !
    Stay safe, Bye!!!
    Please click "End Chat" to close this window.

... hopefully this method will work for others.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,223 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

So you have to be subscribed for Prime to stop the error 5505 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭SharpCoder

So you have to be subscribed for Prime to stop the error 5505 ?

well it is a subscription service?

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭slayer91

Hi,

If it's any help, had the same problem since I got my firestick some weeks ago. Tried all the google tips including the ones here. Came across this thread and follow the link to web chat.
    The very helpful Jade checked out my account(Prime Subscriber) and asked me to restart the fire stick and all prime videos working now.

Thanks all.

Advertisement