Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rangers FC On Field Gossip & Rumour Thread 2017 Mod Note in OP(Updated 14/08)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    The SFA ;)

how is this the sfa's fault?:confused: Genuine question btw

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭TheBuilder

'their Protestant rivals', is the bit that annoys me most about that, what a ****ing pathetic thing to say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭lubo_moravcik

TheBuilder wrote: »
    'their Protestant rivals', is the bit that annoys me most about that, what a ****ing pathetic thing to say.
    Do you agree with the 'disband' part though?

Of course I don't, but Barcelona's opinion isn't something I'm going to get worried about, they're not the be all and end all of football.

Their stupid, irresponsible mention of religion is what I have a problem with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

The same, great Barca who invited rangers back 2years after that cup win over there? **** Barca indeed

Sorry, i've never bought into the "Special Relationship" lark that you guys love so much - be it Barca, Hamburg. Chelsea or Linfield. There's only one club that I care about.

Yep.

Aye, that's what he's saying. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

I think they're still registered with them, but like I said: I'm not sure how all this fits together now.

I think it's FIFA/UEFA rather than the SFA tbh.
    The SFA blocked their registration if i remember correctly, and they were subsequently given temporary registration in order to make the start of the season.

TBF, I reckon we're just the victim of beurocracy and red tape on this one rather than anything deliberately blocking us.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭blahfckingblah

to be honest yesterday was the first i have ever heard of a special relationship with Barcelona for Rangers. can't really be much to it is there?

that's a good attitude support the club(s) you like not the ones you're supposed to like.

Elgin til i die :p

@BBCchrismclaug: #Rangers still talking to #Hearts about Templeton. Confident they'll get him. #BBCSport

to be honest yesterday was the first i have ever heard of a special relationship with Barcelona for Rangers. can't really be much to it is there?

that's a good attitude support the club(s) you like not the ones you're supposed to like.

Elgin til i die :p

There is absolutely no special relationship with Barcelona, when we were there their end behind the goal was filled with Irish flags and a banner saying 'Our day will come'.

Which was promptly taken by one brave Scot wading into their end :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Eirebear wrote: »
    I think it's FIFA/UEFA rather than the SFA tbh.
    The SFA blocked their registration if i remember correctly, and they were subsequently given temporary registration in order to make the start of the season.

TBF, I reckon we're just the victim of beurocracy and red tape on this one rather than anything deliberately blocking us.

seems a right mess. Surely the club should have had it sorted by now? If that was possible of course

seems a right mess. Surely the club should have had it sorted by now? If that was possible of course

Sadly i don't think it's down to the club - registration issues are the due restriction of the authorities.

I do, however, think there may have been an oversight by the club and that the assumption was made that things would be sorted.

Eirebear wrote: »
    The same, great Barca who invited rangers back 2years after that cup win over there? **** Barca indeed

Sorry, i've never bought into the "Special Relationship" lark that you guys love so much - be it Barca, Hamburg. Chelsea or Linfield. There's only one club that I care about.

Yep.

Aye, that's what he's saying. :rolleyes:
    The only special relationship I have with football is with Celtic, I've no interest in this pals act with any of these foreign clubs. I was quoting a comment on here from last night.

Didn't he mention about Celtics old rivals having to disband?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭blahfckingblah

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    There is absolutely no special relationship with Barcelona, when we were there their end behind the goal was filled with Irish flags and a banner saying 'Our day will come'.

Which was promptly taken by one brave Scot wading into their end :D
    behind their goals is the boixos nois their fascist ultras not a nice group of people by any means

They've been banned for years now I think, but yeah they're a bit of a confused bunch.

Andy Halliday (Scottish Middlesbrough player, pals with the likes of Templeton) is saying on twitter we've signed someone.
    Andy Halliday ‏@Andy_Halliday
    Can anyone remember my input to #deadlineday last 2 years?? Well, I know of at least 1 player Rangers have signed....

RangersMedia News ‏@RangersMedia
    A rumour at this stage that the three players @Andy_Halliday says have signed #RFC are Templeton, McGowan and Hutton. Deadline day <3

Andy Halliday ‏@Andy_Halliday
    @RangersMedia 2 out the 3 are correct

He could be at the wind up, I can't see us signing Hutton and McGowan when we already signed the greek boy for right back.

Doubt it will be Hutton, I think Templeton and McGowan.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Broxi_Bear_Eire

care enough to reply though? But seriously it just shows that not everyone in the wider football world buys into the 'same club'. fwiw ye are still the same imo

I replied because it would have been bad manners not to. ;):p

Jim White (Parody) ‏@JimSkySports
    News just in - Rangers to sign Francesco Stella. Celtic fans issue statement saying the one thing they won't boycott is wife beating.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 5,322 ✭✭✭RoryMac

Great signing for Rangers but you have to wonder why Templeton would drop 3 divisions at this stage of his career! Aside from money of course

RoryMac wrote: »
    Great signing for Rangers but you have to wonder why Templeton would drop 3 divisions at this stage of his career! Aside from money of course

My bets are on reconstruction though I won't welcome it just now.

My bets are on reconstruction though I won't welcome it just now.
    Yeah probably but there's no guarantee that will happen at least in time to speed up your return to to the SPL

Yeah probably but there's no guarantee that will happen at least in time to speed up your return to to the SPL

I just have this gut feeling

I just have this gut feeling
    I think you may be right

I think its blatantly obvious there is going to be an SPL 2 next year. We're signing SPL standard players easily, then Boca and Goian away on one year loans to make sure they stay in international contention. Why one year? There's another year until the world cup after that so what are they going to do?

Ryan McGowan and David Templeton having medicals :)

Let the media, and SPL fans, moan as much as they want.

The fact of the matter is this.
    After today's ins and outs (Pending) we will be sitting with a squad of 26 players.

Only 8 of them 25 or over.
    Only 4 of those players will be over 30.

17 players will be under 23.

"Big" signings or not - that is building for the future.

• Advertisement

I think its blatantly obvious there is going to be an SPL 2 next year. We're signing SPL standard players easily, then Boca and Goian away on one year loans to make sure they stay in international contention. Why one year? There's another year until the world cup after that so what are they going to do?
    Reconstruction of the league will speed up the return by 1 year but these guys still have 2 seasons at least before they're back in the top flight. Hard to understand guys like Templeton signing.

Not sure calling the second tier in Scottish football the SPL2 really does anything to increase the appeal or quality.

Reconstruction of the league will speed up the return by 1 year but these guys still have 2 seasons at least before they're back in the top flight. Hard to understand guys like Templeton signing.

Not sure calling the second tier in Scottish football the SPL2 really does anything to increase the appeal or quality.

Maybe a young guys like these are looking longer term

Within 3 years, most of that team will be 26/27 and younger.
    They'll have been playing together as a unit for 3 years and will be hungry to make an assault at the top level.

I also firmly believe that Rangers will win one or two league/scottish cups over those three years.

Granted, it's a gamble for both the player - and for Rangers.
    But it's one that excites me.

Maybe a young guys like these are looking longer term

Maybe they are but it says a lot about the state of Scottish football that dropping 3 divisions is a step up!

Still, great signing for you's and as EB said above you have a good size squad now with some good talented youngsters

Bocanegra seems gutted to be away, but determined he's coming back next season.

McGowan staying at Hearts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

Certainly seems like some people know a bit more about the situation of league reforms in the coming seasons than the rest of us.

Did Templeton sign?

Did Templeton sign?

Looks like it yeah

Very happy with Templeton, Jambos must be fuming :D

Templeton signs four year deal

• Advertisement

Division 3 Galacticos!
    :p

David Cooper Templeton, it was meant to be :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭Mr_Spaceman

Brilliant news that we've secured Templeton.

I was at Anfield for Liverpool-Hearts last night and he really looked the part against top EPL players.

Like his performance at Tottenham last season, the guy is clearly confident.

Well done Alistair.

Brilliant news that we've secured Templeton.

I was at Anfield for Liverpool-Hearts last night and he really looked the part against top EPL players.

Like his performance at Tottenham last season, the guy is clearly confident.

Well done Alistair.
    Who do you actually support?

Who do you actually support?

Rangers

47k tickets sold for tomorrow apparently

And that's with pay at the gate too, immense.

And the commentator at the Man City v QPR game said there will be more people at Ibrox tomorrow than there were watching the English champions :)

Should be a cracking atmosphere at Ibrox tomorrow, there's a real excitement around the club right now-something that I havnt felt for a long time.

It's an important time for Ally and the players now, this is our lot untill a year in January, and they need to go about their business properly.
    I firmly believe we have a squad capable of succesive promotions, and even a chance of a league/scottish cup or two over the next three seasons. But only if the players and management apply themselves in the correct manner.

I'm pleasantly surprised at the calibre of player that has come in - Black and Templeton, for instance. I would have liked Craig Beattie as well, but if prefers pissing about with a non-entity like St Johnstone then it's his loss.

The foreign imports are an unknown quantity as yet but I'm pleased we've cast the net wider.

It also speaks volumes about the solid prestige of playing for the Rangers - despite being in Div 3 - that plenty of players have been only too willing to sign.

Interesting times.

TEAM - Rangers: Alexander; Argyriou, Perry, Cribari, Wallace; Macleod, Black; Little, Shiels, Templeton; McCulloch.

Bench: Gallacher, McKay, Faure, Crawford, Kyle

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement