Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rangers FC On Field Gossip & Rumour Thread 2017 Mod Note in OP(Updated 14/08)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

Which ever it was it was wrong I hate as you put it this mentality that someone can't get a red in the first five minutes. If it deserves a red then it should be a red

I agree, though its something that ref's often get praised for, as its claimed it doesn't ruin the game

Rules are rules though, and without consistency across the board, regardless of which period of the game the offense is committed, theyneed to be enforced for the sake of fairness

I think challenges like that however are something that Ian Black is going to have to get used to. He'll be a marked man, with quiet a few in the league out to show him who the real hard man is

• Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Broxi_Bear_Eire

LiamoSail wrote: »
    I agree, though its something that ref's often get praised for, as its claimed it doesn't ruin the game

Rules are rules though, and without consistency across the board, regardless of which period of the game the offense is committed, theyneed to be enforced for the sake of fairness

I think challenges like that however are something that Ian Black is going to have to get used to. He'll be a marked man, with quiet a few in the league out to show him who the real hard man is

Oh that is obvious already he has copped a sore one at least once in every game so far and yes I expect him to get it,but the standard of refs is a bit woeful.
    As for the rest of your post I agree totally

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

LiamoSail wrote: »
    While I agree that the Berwick lad should have walked for that tackle, I'm not sure whether this was down to the referee's poor judgement of the tackle, or down to that mentality prevalent among a majority of referee's whereby you can't get a straight red for a tackle in the opening five to ten minutes

Which ever it was it was wrong I hate as you put it this mentality that someone can't get a red in the first five minutes. If it deserves a red then it should be a red

I have the same attitude when it comes to defenders climbing over and dragging the opposition when defending a corner. 99 times out of 100 if a foul is given by the ref you can be sure it will be a free out and not a penalty.

I hate watching the messing, dragging and shirt pulling that is given a blind eye by refs, the sooner penalties become as common as frees out the better in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

35.000+ season tickets sold.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Did Andy Murray have a trial with ye or something?

2u8uxy0.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭TheBuilder

Murray had to choose between putting his efforts into tennis full time or signing for Rangers when he was a teenager.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

TheBuilder wrote: »
    Murray had to choose between putting his efforts into tennis full time or signing for Rangers when he was a teenager.

Really? I had heard he was a Hearts fan, although that true or not wouldn't mean he didn't have an option of playing for the old rangers.
    Interesting info indeed. You'd think a living would be easier made in football than tennis. He must really love his sport to abandon football to persue it.

Really? I had heard he was a Hearts fan, although that true or not wouldn't mean he didn't have an option of playing for the old rangers.
    Interesting info indeed. You'd think a living would be easier made in football than tennis. He must really love his sport to abandon football to persue it.

Yeah, I think he's actually a Hibs fan, his grandad came through the youths there and played for cowdenbeath and stirling albion

He has major knee problems as well, that could have been a factor as it might have effected his development as a footballer more than a tennis player

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭lubo_moravcik

Did Andy Murray have a trial with ye or something?

2u8uxy0.png
    Minor league team lol

Minor league team lol

After spending a lot of time coaching over there, American's views on "soccer" should be taken lightly lol

• Advertisement

TheBuilder wrote: »
    Minor league team lol

After spending a lot of time coaching over there, American's views on "soccer" should be taken lightly lol
    True, Bocanegra is your captain after all

Alexander, Argriyou, Emilson, Boca, Wallace, Faure, Black, McLeod, Shiels, Little, McCulloch

Kick off 7.45pm

Think it might be a close one, fancy a win though.

1-0, McCulloch :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

Andy Little - The new Kenny Deuchar!

Great counter-attack, 2-0 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭RoryMac

Eirebear wrote: »
    Andy Little - The new Kenny Deuchar!

Is he a doctor too? Nice bit of form Little is in at the moment.

RoryMac wrote: »
    Is he a doctor too? Nice bit of form Little is in at the moment.

A Dr. of goals! :D

Yeah i think that's 8 so far this season.
    I know it's hardly top level stuff, but he can only put the ball in the net.

• Advertisement

A Dr. of goals! :D

Yeah i think that's 8 so far this season.
    I know it's hardly top level stuff, but he can only put the ball in the net.

Seems to have a knack for it, he may well continue to improve as you move up through the divisions. Good to see a young guy making the most of his opportunity ahead of more experienced & expensive players

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

2 games against Div.1 opposition (albeit the same team) ... It bodes well for you's that your squad should able enough for the coming seasons.

He's a great finisher, record of one in two in the games he played before this season.

RoryMac wrote: »
    Seems to have a knack for it, he may well continue to improve as you move up through the divisions. Good to see a young guy making the most of his opportunity ahead of more experienced & expensive players

TBF - so are McCleod and McKay.
    We might have brought in some relatively "big" names, but there's definetly space for the young lads over the next year or two.

3-0!
    McCulloch.

If only we could play like this away from home...

TBF - so are McCleod and McKay.
    We might have brought in some relatively "big" names, but there's definetly space for the young lads over the next year or two.

3-0!
    McCulloch.

If only we could play like this away from home...

I was more thinking of the Sandaza signing and the attempts to sign Beattie, It's a great opportunity for the young players to get proper experience and help their development

Finisged 3-0, much better performance.

McKay is going to be a star

• Advertisement

That'll do.
    Bring on the "Big Teams"

Break any world records tonight lads? :)

What was attendance, I remember Jelle saying earlier that at least 35k seats had been sold??

What was attendance, I remember Jelle saying earlier that at least 35k seats had been sold??

26 and a half thousand.

Not bad given midweek cup match attendances of recent years imo.

That was season tickets.

Scott Burns ‏@ScottBurns75
    I am told there is around £100k difference between the valuations of #hearts and #rangers for McGowan and Templeton. Could still happen.

#Malmo are prepared to sell Daniel Larsson if he can agree terms with #Rangers. Talks with agent to be held am tomoro

English player is another target. Along with 4 or 5 youngsters from Prem. Cammy Bell could happen if they get a loan for Gall.

• Advertisement

Very impressed with Faure, already looks like a good signing.

RANGERS chief Charles Green and manager Ally McCoist were bombarded with hundreds of vile calls — after their mobile numbers were posted online by a Celtic troll.

Hoops yob Stuart Kennedy, 35, tweeted the private details — then used his Twitter account to urge others to hound the pair.

Photographer Kennedy, 35, targeted his club’s Old Firm rivals as he watched Celts beat Helsingborgs in a Champions League clash at a packed Parkhead on Wednesday.

He claimed the numbers were being passed among tens of thousands of fellow fans in the crowd of 50,000.

In his first tweet he posted an 11-digit mobile number and wrote: “No joke, the belfast bhoys have been giving them it tight all day! haha.”

Soon after he posted a second message, adding: “Someone sent that as a text to me haha dont know if it is s**t. Let me know lol.”

A Rangers source said: “It’s shocking. Ally and Charles were given dogs abuse all day. Some of it was seriously abusive.”

Last night, Kennedy was facing a police probe.

At his semi-detached home in a quiet suburb of Carfin, Lanarkshire, the dad desperately tried to play down his actions.

He told The Scottish Sun he had no idea that the numbers he posted belonged to McCoist and Green. Visibly shaking, Kennedy, explained: “It was just a retweet. I didn’t think anything of it.

“Someone sent me it as a text and, like you would with a joke, I just thought that I would post it on.

“Honestly, I thought they were fake numbers — if I could say sorry to Ally I would.”

Kennedy suggested that he too has been the subject of sectarian abuse since he posted the numbers of the two Ibrox bigwigs. And he claimed he has had to hand his mobile over to Strathclyde Police as a result.

He said: “Since I posted the numbers I’ve taken them down.

“But I have been subjected to quite a few phone calls of a sectarian nature.”

A spokesman for Rangers described Kennedy’s actions as “grossly irresponsible” and insisted action had been taken to ensure Green and McCoist, below, were not subject to further abuse.

He added: “The numbers were made public on the internet, we believe, following the theft of a mobile phone.”

Strathclyde Police had no record of Kennedy complaining he too was subject to abuse on his phone.

A spokeswoman for the force said inquiries are continuing.

And guess what, HE's the victim of sectarian abuse, you couldn't make it up.
    Strathclyde Police had no record of Kennedy complaining he too was subject to abuse on his phone.

Oh, wait, maybe he's just full of ****.

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    RANGERS chief Charles Green and manager Ally McCoist were bombarded with hundreds of vile calls — after their mobile numbers were posted online by a Celtic troll.

Hoops yob Stuart Kennedy, 35, tweeted the private details — then used his Twitter account to urge others to hound the pair.

Photographer Kennedy, 35, targeted his club’s Old Firm rivals as he watched Celts beat Helsingborgs in a Champions League clash at a packed Parkhead on Wednesday.

He claimed the numbers were being passed among tens of thousands of fellow fans in the crowd of 50,000.

In his first tweet he posted an 11-digit mobile number and wrote: “No joke, the belfast bhoys have been giving them it tight all day! haha.”

Soon after he posted a second message, adding: “Someone sent that as a text to me haha dont know if it is s**t. Let me know lol.”

A Rangers source said: “It’s shocking. Ally and Charles were given dogs abuse all day. Some of it was seriously abusive.”

Last night, Kennedy was facing a police probe.

At his semi-detached home in a quiet suburb of Carfin, Lanarkshire, the dad desperately tried to play down his actions.

He told The Scottish Sun he had no idea that the numbers he posted belonged to McCoist and Green. Visibly shaking, Kennedy, explained: “It was just a retweet. I didn’t think anything of it.

“Someone sent me it as a text and, like you would with a joke, I just thought that I would post it on.

“Honestly, I thought they were fake numbers — if I could say sorry to Ally I would.”

Kennedy suggested that he too has been the subject of sectarian abuse since he posted the numbers of the two Ibrox bigwigs. And he claimed he has had to hand his mobile over to Strathclyde Police as a result.

He said: “Since I posted the numbers I’ve taken them down.

“But I have been subjected to quite a few phone calls of a sectarian nature.”

A spokesman for Rangers described Kennedy’s actions as “grossly irresponsible” and insisted action had been taken to ensure Green and McCoist, below, were not subject to further abuse.

He added: “The numbers were made public on the internet, we believe, following the theft of a mobile phone.”

A spokeswoman for the force said inquiries are continuing.

And guess what, HE's the victim of sectarian abuse, you couldn't make it up.

Oh, wait, maybe he's just full of ****.
    Was that really their numbers? I was given them on Wed too and thought there was no chance they were real.

Anyway, who is Michael Fink? I Fink we'll find out that he's pissed off back to Germany

ALLY McCOIST’S moves to rebuild Rangers have been thrown into chaos by rules forbidding SFL clubs from signing too many senior players.

Rangers have been caught in a red tape wrangle that could ruin their chances of significantly strengthening their squad before the transfer window closes tonight.

An SFL rule, in place for at least a decade, prevents its member clubs from registering more than 22 players aged over 21 in a bid to encourage youth development throughout the lower leagues.

To add to Ibrox woes, up to five senior players, including Steven Naismith, Steven Whittaker, Allan McGregor and Kyle Lafferty, are still officially registered to the club even though they’ve moved.

Rangers have kept them on their books as they try to gain support from FIFA to win transfer fees for them. That could restrict McCoist’s plans to add up to six senior players to his pool before the club is banned from transfer dealings for a year.

He hopes to sign David Templeton, German Michael Fink and Swedish striker Daniel Larsson but could be denied by the rules

He was on trial, I think we'll be going for players currently in Scotland.

He was on trial, I think we'll be going for players currently in Scotland.
    Under 21's ?

No idea, names like Templeton from Hearts and Larsson from Malmo are going around.

ALLY McCOIST’S moves to rebuild Rangers have been thrown into chaos by rules forbidding SFL clubs from signing too many senior players.

Rangers have been caught in a red tape wrangle that could ruin their chances of significantly strengthening their squad before the transfer window closes tonight.

An SFL rule, in place for at least a decade, prevents its member clubs from registering more than 22 players aged over 21 in a bid to encourage youth development throughout the lower leagues.

To add to Ibrox woes, up to five senior players, including Steven Naismith, Steven Whittaker, Allan McGregor and Kyle Lafferty, are still officially registered to the club even though they’ve moved.

Rangers have kept them on their books as they try to gain support from FIFA to win transfer fees for them. That could restrict McCoist’s plans to add up to six senior players to his pool before the club is banned from transfer dealings for a year.

He hopes to sign David Templeton, German Michael Fink and Swedish striker Daniel Larsson but could be denied by the rules

This makes zero sense, how can guys like Naismith be registered with Rangers and play for Everton ?

This makes zero sense, how can guys like Naismith be registered with Rangers and play for Everton ?
    A few fans of your club are questioning the same on Twitter.

Just read on FF that it has to do with a temporary license, since this is still with FIFA for a verdict.

Shambles.

• Advertisement

Just read on FF that it has to do with a temporary license, since this is still with FIFA for a verdict.

Shambles.
    How can it be allowed to happen though, what is the gist?

The SFA ;)

Ate they still registered with yous though?

From Barca's site...

http://www.fcbarcelona.com/football/...ague-opponents

Although they have 11 fewer league titles than their eternal rivals Rangers, these are happy days for the green and white half of Scotland’s biggest city. For economic reasons, their protestant rivals have been forced to disband and are now starting all over again in the Scottish Third Division. With Rangers out of the way for at least the next three years, Celtic look set to dominate the domestic championship like never before, which means manager Neil Lennon will be able to focus almost his entire attention on his club’s European campaign. Applying their typically physical but direct approach, their strengths include Wanyama in midfield and Greek international Samaras up front.

Not a clue, it's all very unclear.

As for that Barcelona website, they don't know what the SFL, SPL, SFA,... knows ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Broxi_Bear_Eire

Really are we supposed to care what Barca say
    Let's face it they can't even get the fact right in that statement

**** Barca.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭blahfckingblah

**** Barca.
    Eirebears going to start a boycott on barca.. he swears not to play them for at least 4 years

Really are we supposed to care what Barca say
    Let's face it they can't even get the fact right in that statement

care enough to reply though? But seriously it just shows that not everyone in the wider football world buys into the 'same club'. fwiw ye are still the same imo

• Advertisement

The same, great Barca who invited rangers back 2years after that cup win over there? **** Barca indeed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement