Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Disney+

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭downwiththatsor

What’s the price at the moment? 60 or 70?

https://preorder.disneyplus.com
    €59.99

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,156 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Sadly we won't get full 4k on launch. They have agreed to reduce bandwidth by at least 25 percent for Europe along with Netflix and Prime Video.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭OU812

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    Sadly we won't get full 4k on launch. They have agreed to reduce bandwidth by at least 25 percent for Europe along with Netflix and Prime Video.

I don’t get this. I thought Europe had a better internet infrastructure than the US. Disappointing

• Registered Users Posts: 33,753 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

OU812 wrote: »
    I don’t get this. I thought Europe had a better internet infrastructure than the US. Disappointing

It is due to the Covid 19 pandemic and the extra stress on the internet. The EU wants to make sure with extra people watching streaming services and working from home and the sheer importance of the internet, that it is available for all.

OU812 wrote:

It's only during this crisis. Having said that even in the US Disney has been skimping on the bit rate. Tests carried out by home cinema magazines showed it wasn't quite full 4k. I've had us disney plus on a big screen and quality looked good to me. Most of the stuff is in HDR

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

When the whole
    Of europe logs on will
    This thing crash

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,006 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

OU812 wrote: »

When everyone is sitting in an office sharing 1 connection between hundreds there's no problem, some of the servers might even be in the building so no internet at all is needed, now that there are so many people working from home there's a lot more connections.

Here are some handy graphs I use to monitor internet usage https://www.inex.ie/ixp/statistics/ixp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,310 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    When the whole
    Of europe logs on will
    This thing crash

It isn’t launching everywhere and it’ll be fine. Netflix is still the biggest player and they’ve no issues

The bandwidth issue isn’t a problem. Short term not having the best of everything online shouldn’t upset too many

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭jones

Can't find the app anywhere for LG C9 or iPad or Android phone so I'm assuming it'll launch this week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭paulboland

jones wrote: »
    Can't find the app anywhere for LG C9 or iPad or Android phone so I'm assuming it'll launch this week.

App will be available to download and use on supported devices from March 24th

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,544 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

OmegaGene wrote: »
    No it won’t, plenty of us are watching already in Europe

Not officially, it only launched in The Netherlands so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 344 ✭✭Buttros

The launch in france has been delayed 2 weeks per government request. Was due to be tomorrow, same as us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Just one more sleep!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Just one more sleep!
    or none if its from midnight :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,306 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Buttros wrote: »
    The launch in france has been delayed 2 weeks per government request. Was due to be tomorrow, same as us.

What was their reason for the request? Bandwidth issues or something?

I would have thought a service that would entice people to stay at home would be welcomed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

peteeeed wrote: »

That's what I'm actually hoping, but preparing for one more sleep all the same.
    If I can be watching DuckTales at midnight though that'd be amazing.

giphy.gif

Countdown on page shows launch is happening at 0100 in Ireland

Disney Plus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,007 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Has a list of the movies that will be available here ever been released? 1000 movies sounds great in theory, but if the majority are from Disney's live action back catalogue or similar quality, I'd be less enthused.

Mr Crispy wrote: »
    Has a list of the movies that will be available here ever been released? 1000 movies sounds great in theory, but if the majority are from Disney's live action back catalogue or similar quality, I'd be less enthused.

Here you go

murpho999 wrote: »
    Countdown on page shows launch is happening at 0100 in Ireland

Disney Plus.

Nice!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,007 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Nice one, thanks!

No sign of an app on my LG tv. You'd imagine that would be there today.

No sign of an app on my LG tv. You'd imagine that would be there today.

No you wouldn't. It doesn't launch till tomorrow. If you had the app today you would be able to watch Disney today if you availed of the pre order offer. Plenty of posters downloaded the app from the US, paid the Irish pre order & have been watching Disney plus for the last few weeks now

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Spideog Rua

Is there a phone app that I can cast to my tv...its a samsung smart tv but I'd say slightly too old tobget the app

samsung ue40ju6400k

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

There will an APP for every smart device TOMORROW

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭nialldinho

No you wouldn't. It doesn't launch till tomorrow. If you had the app today you would be able to watch Disney today if you availed of the pre order offer. Plenty of posters downloaded the app from the US, paid the Irish pre order & have been watching Disney plus for the last few weeks now

This would only work with a vpn I think.

I got the app while in the US and my Irish sub worked but once I got home the app said the service wasn’t available here yet.

nialldinho wrote: »
    This would only work with a vpn I think.

I got the app while in the US and my Irish sub worked but once I got home the app said the service wasn’t available here yet.

VPN or smart DNS. US Disney doesn't have Xmen but Irish Disney is getting 6 Xmen movies. It's always handy to be able to switch between US & EU

Doesn't make sense as there'll be a different website for Ireland than the US,

I have subbed but cannot login to the service on my chrome browser as it's geo-blocked so why wouldn't a TV app be the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭micks_address

OmegaGene wrote: »
    smart dns also works

ive tried smart dns set to netherlands on my router and was able to get streams on my phone.. but wouldnt cast to my chromecast.. could see content but all i get is video not found when i try to play.. kinda can't be bothered trying to solve now with launch tomorrow.. i assume it will work ok when launched here

Doesn't make sense as there'll be a different website for Ireland than the US,

I have subbed but cannot login to the service on my chrome browser as it's geo-blocked so why wouldn't a TV app be the same.

Why would the app be available now? for what reason? It doesn't launch until tomorrow. The app is useless until the launch. If you preorder a Playstation game the shop has it locked away until the official launch day. They don't give you the box the day before for you to look at. You have another 10 hours or so to wait. You might be able to download the app at midnight but it could be 1am

• Advertisement

ive tried smart dns set to netherlands on my router and was able to get streams on my phone.. but wouldnt cast to my chromecast.. could see content but all i get is video not found when i try to play.. kinda can't be bothered trying to solve now with launch tomorrow.. i assume it will work ok when launched here

Wouldn't you have to set cromecast or router DNS if you want to cast? Setting DNS on phone is only for the phone afaik

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭D3V!L

Does anyone know if it'll have 4K content ?

Wouldn't you have to set cromecast or router DNS if you want to cast? Setting DNS on phone is only for the phone afaik

Yeah I set the DNS on the router so all devices would be same

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭McCalvin

Trying to sign up and get the tenner off but I can't get past the ZIP code requirement, am I being dumb?

Why would the app be available now? for what reason? It doesn't launch until tomorrow. The app is useless until the launch. If you preorder a Playstation game the shop has it locked away until the official launch day. They don't give you the box the day before for you to look at. You have another 10 hours or so to wait. You might be able to download the app at midnight but it could be 1am

It launches at 1am, would be good to have the app installed and ready to go.

Will also prevent potential problems trying to download the app if their app store gets hammered.

Your game comparison. If you forget physical media , which I myself never buy and pre-order the game online then you can download and install the game before hand and tnen you're ready to go at launch. Very handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭McCalvin

McCalvin wrote: »
    Trying to sign up and get the tenner off but I can't get past the ZIP code requirement, am I being dumb?

Curious... I got off my Virgin Media connection and used mobile data (Three) and the payment registration no longer required a ZIP code. I wasn't using a VPN AFAIK. Anyway, subscribed, ehhh... for the kids obviously.

There will an APP for every smart device TOMORROW

It’s not the Life one then is it? I just signed up but that app closes the second I open it on my phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,897 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Just reading the Mandalorian and Clone Wars season 7 will only be weekly releases two episodes each tomorrow and then an episode a week every Friday.

Just reading the Mandalorian and Clone Wars season 7 will only be weekly releases two episodes each tomorrow and then an episode a week every Friday.

That’s a bit of a jip. No wonder people just download stuff.

• Advertisement

Anyone getting 7 day trial tomorrow will need to pay for the 2nd month to see the 8th episode of The Mandelorian. Anyone just wanting to see this programme can save a month's subscription by holding off another week & a half before starting the trial.

Was just on with Disney plus chat and they said it's launching at midnight in Ireland..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,553 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Clone Wars is already weekly for the US, and they'll be on episode 6 this Friday. Whatever about the ridiculousness of Mandalorian not being fully released, there's no reason for Clone to not release everything that's available already and go weekly from Friday to be in line with US.

So a lot of people complain that the legal method isn't better and they'd pay if it was, but there's probably no price low enough or terms good enough that they'd actually would. But what the ****, Disney going out of their way to make this worse. Same with Amazon and Picard, they go out of their way to inconvenience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,224 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Ch-Ch-Ch-Chip and Dale, Rescue Rangers! Fantastic.

I'm just gonna be flicking through opening themes to the shows more than anything else!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Varik wrote: »
    But what the ****, Disney going out of their way to make this worse. Same with Amazon and Picard, they go out of their way to inconvenience.
    In fairness, it's a little different with Picard - that's a 1-day wait and it applies to everyone else. Disney's tactics are making us weeks and months behind other parts of the world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 349 ✭✭Bojill

So my TV is 'smart' but is too old to get the disney+ app, would the firestick be the best option?
    I dont want to have to cast from a phone/laptop if it can be avoided.
    Thanks

• Advertisement

Varik wrote:
    Clone Wars is already weekly for the US, and they'll be on episode 6 this Friday. Whatever about the ridiculousness of Mandalorian not being fully released, there's no reason for Clone to not release everything that's available already and go weekly from Friday to be in line with US.

In fairness to Disney if they made the entire season available people could blitz it in the 7 day trial or only pay for one month. They need to get people to pay for a few months. There isn't enough on Disney Plus to get adults without small children to continue to pay. They will drag it out as long as they can. I had Disney plus from launch in the US. They had all 8 episodes made and ready to go. It didn't make financial sense to drop the entire season at the one time. Netflix has us spoilt in that sense

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,508 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

J. Marston wrote: »
    Ch-Ch-Ch-Chip and Dale, Rescue Rangers! Fantastic.

I'm just gonna be flicking through opening themes to the shows more than anything else!

Gummi Bears, Ducktales. That era Disney had great theme tunes.

Bojill wrote:
    So my TV is 'smart' but is too old to get the disney+ app, would the firestick be the best option? I dont want to have to cast from a phone/laptop if it can be avoided. Thanks

Firestick is a great little device. I think it worth spending the extra 5 euros or whatever on the 4k version even if you don't have 4k. It's a better, faster stick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 349 ✭✭Bojill

Firestick is a great little device. I think it worth spending the extra 5 euros or whatever on the 4k version even if you don't have 4k. It's a better, faster stick

Thanks. I'll head to currys in the morning. Amazon won't ship here, lol.

Disney Plus now live in Ireland on website.

Watching Mandolorian now.

• Advertisement
Advertisement