Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Who is with me? 7th Chevron Edition

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

SarahBM wrote: »
    Id love to Join the SGC. if it existed. which it doesnt.

or does it?!?!?

I'll leave you with a purported quote from Ben Rich, former head of Lockheed Skunkwords {US Government Contractor who are responsible for advanced aerospace technology ;)}
    We already have the means to travel among the stars, but these technologies are locked up in black projects and it would take an Act of God to ever get them out to benefit humanity...Anything you can imagine, we already know how to do

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

mind. BLOWN!!!!

Season 3 finale next. :) Cannot believe how fast I am getting through this!

The cool opening sequence!!!! hurray for season 4!!!!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

While me and the wife haven't finished our Buffy\Angel run through, nearly there.. we got bored the other night and watched the Stargate movie, our plan is to watch the series when we wrap up the others. While watching was looking up some trivia on IMDB.

Didn't realize Djimon Hounsou is Horus in the film before. or that Jaye Davidson didn't like all the attention he received after Crying Game so didn't want to do Stargate and threw them a number of 1 million to do it thinking they would turn it down. they didn't haha.. nice. Watching James spader in the film made me realize how good an impression of him Michael Shanks did, especially early on in the series!

Also the dude from Third Rock from the sun always feels weird in stargate not talking like an idiot.

ye wont believe this but I havent seen the movie. I might watch it at the wknd. I just cannot take Kurt Russell seriously as Jack.
    James Spader wouldnt be my favourite actor either.
    Watching the episode Upgrades last night. It hit me how Gen. Hammond just let your wan waltz in and start experimenting on SG1. If that was a real scientific trial they would have had to go through way more hoops to allow a mad cap experiment like that to actually go ahead. they hardly seemed to consider any of the possible risks. Mad!

Loads of actors that have guest starred in SG1 are in Sanctuary as well. Im not complaining or anything, but I just didnt realise how many!

Might not get to watch any eps over the wknd as Im heading home to see the family.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

yeh kurt russell is hard to take after watching the series, but james spader is pretty much the same in it, it may as well be Michael Shanks.

Amanda tapping created or produced sanctuary as a web series before it was a tv show i think, and she pretty much culled her cast from stargate alright.

loved sanctuary.

Going onto ep 11 S4. Point of no return.
    Ep 10 beneath the surface is a good ep. One or two jack and Sam moments, but as usual in the end its back to yes sir. I'm on hols this wk so I reckon I'll get a good few eps watched. :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,934 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Just finished my 2nd run-through of Universe last night.

Sadly underrated show that was getting better and better towards the end.
    The character relationships/conflict had started to settle down, they'd started to inject some of the old humor (the episode with McKay among others) and the storylines were picking up. Very disappointed that we'll never get a real ending to the Destiny's journey. :(

One thing that occurred to me though.. the drones were attacking them based on their programming to destroy any technology not their own. But in the last episode they use a shuttle as a diversion by broadcasting a fake subspace signal and it works!

Why then did they not modify Destiny's signal/transponder so it matched that of the drones? They had one on board for plenty of time and used the knowledge they gained from studying it to come up with that plan and to modify the shields to be more effective. Seems like a far better long-term solution to me!

• Advertisement

Kaiser2000 wrote: »
    One thing that occurred to me though.. the drones were attacking them based on their programming to destroy any technology not their own. But in the last episode they use a shuttle as a diversion by broadcasting a fake subspace signal and it works!

Why then did they not modify Destiny's signal/transponder so it matched that of the drones? They had one on board for plenty of time and used the knowledge they gained from studying it to come up with that plan and to modify the shields to be more effective. Seems like a far better long-term solution to me!

Wasn't the finale re-edited & re-cut once word of the cancellation filtered down? Perhaps in the original version, they were going to try something like what you suggested...

So I'm more than half way through S4. The Osiris story arc has just begun with the intro of Sarah/Osiris in The Curse. Love how jack offer the fishing trip to Sam again, but she turns him down. Not only to work on her motorbike with Sumer but I think she would be worried that something might actually happen between them and that would be bad for her and the Colonel. Poor Teal'c gets dragged along instead. Anyway. As I have yet another assignment to do I won't get to watch much between here and Xmas. I'll struggle on though. Some how :D

As I have yet another assignment to do I won't get to watch much between here and Xmas. I'll struggle on though. Some how :D

At the rate you're going, 'not getting much to watch' means about two seasons a week :D Agreed re the fishing trip, I always gathered that was Sam distancing herself from becoming more attached

what can I say, Im addicted! :)

what can I say, Im addicted! :)

Enjoy the sweet fruits of Stargate while they last, because, like me, you too will one day wind up as a washed up Stargate junkie...forever chasing that first hit again :p

ah sure how bad!!! could be worse! we could be pining after Jordie Shore!

I would have loved it Jack and Sam got together, but I also like the fact that they didnt let them break the rules just because it was sci fi tv. They probably could have hooked up if they were in different commands. I cant remember if that is what happened later on, but I cant wait to find out!

• Advertisement

Just finished season 4. many favourite quotes, but one of the best is

Jack "May day, may day! We are SO goin' in!"

lol

I wasnt going to start S5, but it was a cliffhanger. I just have to find out what happens next :D

BTW isnt Jacob like the coolest SG1 character. He has to be my favourite. I love the banter he has with Jack. and he TOTALLY knows that Jack and Sam have a thing. :D

2 discs watched. *hangs head* I just cant resist.

2 discs watched. *hangs head* I just cant resist.

It's only college, enjoy Stargate instead. You can always go back as a mature student later on in life....*

*disregard all my advice

Myrddin wrote: »
    It's only college, enjoy Stargate instead. You can always go back as a mature student later on in life....*

*disregard all my advice

I am an immature student, Its my masters LOL :D plus work is kinda getting in the way too. I reckon if I watch all the box sets I have before xmas then that will leave me free to concentrate on studying. that's logical, right??? :D

Episode 2001. The Aschen. good episode.

• Advertisement

100th Episode! Wormhole X-treme! LOL

so funny!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Fiery mutant

Episode 2001. The Aschen. good episode.

One of my favourites, great episode. You're certainly flying through them.

We should defend our way of life to an extent that any attempt on it is crushed, so that any adversary will never make such an attempt in the future.

One of my favourites, great episode. You're certainly flying through them.

I know! I forgot how much I love this show!!!! I may have to order S7 so it gets here before xmas!

Fail Safe: the one with the asteroid.
    jack- I've seen this movie
    Jack - Carter, I can see my house!

Like this ep.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Fail Safe: the one with the asteroid.
    jack- I've seen this movie
    Jack - Carter, I can see my house!

Like this ep.

Facebook didn't exist then?

Jernal wrote: »
    Facebook didn't exist then?

I apologise for my bad grammar. I ment to say I like this episode. On the official Stargate SG1 page on face book they have Gatebook. It's gas. It's like, "col. O'Neill has checked in at SGC. Liked by Maj. Carter etc. Very funny.

I was gonna watch the nxt ep but it was a Jaffa one, and I'm not too crazy about that story arc.

I just did a bad thing.

I ordered S7 and 8 of SG1.

I just couldnt help my self!

I just did a bad thing.

I ordered S7 and 8 of SG1.

I just couldnt help my self!

Where is this bad thing you speak of? :p

my terrible bank balance :( ah well. Happy Christmas to me! :D

my terrible bank balance :( ah well. Happy Christmas to me! :D

Ah sure it's worth it, something you'll always have too.

• Advertisement

Ah sure it's worth it, something you'll always have too.

Really enjoying it though. Jack can be such a gun-ho ass sometimes though. Just watched Menace, the episode with Reece the replicator (they said that she created them as her toys and lost control of them, but I thought in Atlantis they said the Ancient Atlantians created them)
    Daniel was talking her round when Jack barged in and shot her. Daniel thought she was the one making the replicators stop, but I think it was because Jack shot her they stopped, but Daniel thought Jack shouldnt have shot her.

NID rearing their ugly heads again in the Sentinel.

OMG only 2 eps in Season 5 left!!!!! and I know whats coming! nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnoooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

I apologise for my bad grammar.

Well it wasn't actually a quip at your grammar it was at the whole "Like this page,song, episode, etc. on facebook." :)

Postponing the start of Season 6 til next week as I have a lot of stuff on. Oh how I wish it was xmas.

actually, come to think of it, we never see them celebrating anything other than a promotion of a Jaffa coming of age ritual on SG1. no birthdays, parties, xmas, Honnica etc Surely Santy Clause would call to the SGC!!!!

Surely Santy Clause would call to the SGC!!!!

I don't think he has clearance :o

I don't think he has clearance :o

OH come on !!!! Teal'c in a santy hat! that would be great!

OH come on !!!! Teal'c in a santy hat! that would be great!

Indeed

I would have been nice to see some christmas cheer around the place. I mean a little bit of tinsel in the control room wouldnt have done any harm and Im sure Siler had fairy lights stashed somewhere in the base.
    Sorry, I just love christmas and it makes me sad when people dont join in my merriment!
    People at work think Im nuts!
    http://youtu.be/3L6i5AwVAbs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Fiery mutant

God damn I miss that show. To me there is nothing on at the minute that compares to it. My wife hates it, and hates any time I sit down to watch it. Even though she knows I've seen every episode at least 3 times, it's still gets me every time, and now I'm getting the kids into it it drives her even more crazy.

Nothing like some SG-1 for breakfast with the kids :)

We should defend our way of life to an extent that any attempt on it is crushed, so that any adversary will never make such an attempt in the future.

• Advertisement

God damn I miss that show. To me there is nothing on at the minute that compares to it. My wife hates it, and hates any time I sit down to watch it. Even though she knows I've seen every episode at least 3 times, it's still gets me every time, and now I'm getting the kids into it it drives her even more crazy.

Nothing like some SG-1 for breakfast with the kids :)

That is GREAT parenting, right there!

So I caved. I started watching Season 6.

So I caved

As if there was ever going to be a different outcome :p

As if there was ever going to be a different outcome :p

Procrastination at its best!!!! Why cant my masters be in Stargate SG1?!?!?
    Redemption part2

few star wars references in there!

"We have splash down. Roger that, Col. O'Neill is concious and waving!"

You're booting through the series. Any day now the inevitable panic & dread will kick in knowing you're over half way through & every episode you watch brings you closer to the end :(

I hope you're doing the two SG-1 movies, Atlantis & Universe next are you?

• Advertisement

You're booting through the series. Any day now the inevitable panic & dread will kick in knowing you're over half way through & every episode you watch brings you closer to the end :(

I hope you're doing the two SG-1 movies, Atlantis & Universe next are you?

Of course. Im not sure I'll do Atlantis as I only finished re-watching that a few months ago(but I might change my mind). I have the 2 movies. I ordered S7 and 8 the other day so should have them next wk.

I cant help watching another and another episode. Its just too addictive.

Funny line in Descent Gen. Hammond goes "Good to hear that Teal'c, we have all been holding our breath down here" to which Teal'c responds "that is most unwise" - gas!!! :D

I had totally forgotten what happened at the end of Frozen!!! Holy Hannah!!!

Abyss - what an episode!

Major Davis's first name is Paul. who knew!??!? - Prometheus

Jonas and Teal'c and Jack sitting in cargo bay 3 eating tubs of ben and jerrys. gas

Season 7&8 arrived today! No stopping me now lads!!!
    Nearly finished S6. Watched the episode Metamorphosis last night. Freaked me out a bit.

Edit 21:15 - Episode the Changlling - for someone who apparently wanted to leave the show Michael Shanks keeps popping up, either as Daniel or Thor. Just saying.

Memento - I switched to german by mistake in the middle of it. ha ha so funny. Jack speaking in German !!!!! LOL

• Advertisement
Advertisement