Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Call the Midwife

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭Speedsie
    ¡arriba, arriba! ¡andale, andale!

volchitsa wrote: »
    I did, a bit - but something I also thought was an interesting detail was the other nuns' heartbreak at the idea that a post mortem would harm her in the afterlife. I don't know when Christians stopped believing that, but it's probably correct that it was after Vatican 2.n

Vatican council 2 rulings don't apply to Anglican nuns though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭whatismyname

Yay, Miranda Hart returning to Call the Midwife http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-35976883

• Registered Users Posts: 85,378 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 55,465 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Threads merged.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭xavier8228

Anyone watching the new series? I'm terrified for patsy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I expect they might have something nasty planned for that miserable head nun. Reinstate Sr. Julian!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭c68zapdsm5i1ru

They showed a soft side to her last week, when she was kind to the little boy.

Maybe she's one of those 'bark is worse that her bite' types. Nurse Crane was a bit of a dragon when she arrived, and now she's the salt of the earth.

Glad to see Trixie will be back next week.

I wouldn't say mother nun will last long. There could be a mutiny soon

• Registered Users Posts: 5,088 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Just watched last night's episode. Each series gets better imo. Trixie is back next week ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

They're really trying hard to make sister ursula unlikeable.

• Advertisement

Just watched Sunday's episode. Very emotional, sadness and happiness and sadness again. I felt so sad for Dot - the adoptive mother.

And finally we get find out about Mary Cynthia!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

Can't believe last night was the finale already. I was an emotional wreck throughout most of it. But it was nice to see a happy ending for so many of the characters. It's a long time until the Christmas special!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Lady is a tramp

Ah god the bit where they were getting all excited about this new "thalidomide" medicine for morning sickness was heartbreaking!

Had the last 2 episodes recorded and watched them both this morning! Cried through both of them. Good job I'm on my own today!

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Birdsong

Just watching this on Netflix now, it's super. Really enjoying it. Though Jenny does annoy me, and Dr. Turners wife is very wooden.

The actress who plays Trixie's pregnancy is very noticeable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    The actress who plays Trixie's pregnancy is very noticeable

Wow, long time since this was updated.

Yeah, talk about contriving a temp exit. Even the time off in the programme matches the RL time off, 6 months. :pac:

One side view looked particularly noticeable. Maybe she's comfort eating after breaking up with her boyfriend :cool:

Never noticed it last week but really obvious in this weeks episode. Sister Monica Joan is starting to get right on my proverbials!

Poor Barbara! I hope she pulls through.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,648 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

How is it a heartwrencher EVERY single week??

Jaysis I thought Phyllis was a goner tonight.

• Advertisement

I text my mother to see had she watched it yet but she hadn’t so I just said its dramatic. That was when Phyllis was in the fire.

Then I text her OMG it’s so dramatic!! at the end. My poor heart couldn’t take it! 😂

xavier8228 wrote: »
    I text my mother to see had she watched it yet but she hadn’t so I just said its dramatic. That was when Phyllis was in the fire.

Then I text her OMG it’s so dramatic!! at the end. My poor heart couldn’t take it! 😂

She watched it so I called her and we were both gushing over it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

I only started watching Call the Midwife over Christmas. Last night I finished watching all five series on Netflix. But I’ve got a problem.

Am I right in saying that the current series on bbc is series seven? Where can I get series six? Or how do I find out when it’s coming to Netflix?

I only started watching Call the Midwife over Christmas. Last night I finished watching all five series on Netflix. But I’ve got a problem.

Am I right in saying that the current series on bbc is series seven? Where can I get series six? Or how do I find out when it’s coming to Netflix?

Just checked there and there doesn’t seem to be a date yet. Might be the summer

I'm still bawling

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I'm still bawling

I’m so sad. I said something bad would happen and it did. Why did she have to die! 😭😭😭

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,648 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

I'm in bits

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Proper sad that episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

I didn’t need that this morning. We are losing midwives from this so often.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭NUTLEY BOY

Wellyd wrote: »
    I didn’t need that this morning. We are losing midwives from this so often.

I think that HEARTBEAT killed off at least two G.P.s and a few police constables......

Advertisement