Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daily Million...Scam??

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

MONDAY MILLIONS WAS A SCAM AND SO IS THE DAILY MILLION, AND I WILL TELL YOU WHY.
    I started to bet on the monday millions including the the bonus ball. Betting on a single number at 4/1, but only after it had been missing for 22 weeks. At first (and i am talking 2 and 1/2 years ago) i bet a very small amount and increased the amount to cover the stake each time. within a few weeks i won. the system worked, and in two years I won loads.then at the start of 2012 i got very confident and started to increase my betting big time.However the balls were taking longer and longer to come out, increasing to 27 then 29 and 30 weeks or more. I was betting on ball 33, and after 34 weeks i made a complaint, saying it was almost a mathimatical imposabilty not to come out . two weeks later the ball still had not come out, and the game was stopped.that was on the 10th september.I lost thousands.
    However the new game Daily millions came out and i have been watching very closely.
    I have logged down all the balls that come out when they go more than 22 days. I started to bet on ball 21 when it went missing after 25 days. That was on christmas day.Ironic it has now gone 31 days and still not come out.I am sure it will never come out as i am upto £200 on single ball.This would back up the theory that the balls must be picked by a computer. the more that is bet on a number, the less chance it has of coming out.Tomorrow is the 1st of Jan 2013. KEEP WATCHING FOR BALL 21.

You need to stop gambling, And you need to do it now.

Your not good at it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 745 ✭✭✭Extinction

MONDAY MILLIONS WAS A SCAM AND SO IS THE DAILY MILLION, AND I WILL TELL YOU WHY.
    I started to bet on the monday millions including the the bonus ball. Betting on a single number at 4/1, but only after it had been missing for 22 weeks. At first (and i am talking 2 and 1/2 years ago) i bet a very small amount and increased the amount to cover the stake each time. within a few weeks i won. the system worked, and in two years I won loads.then at the start of 2012 i got very confident and started to increase my betting big time.However the balls were taking longer and longer to come out, increasing to 27 then 29 and 30 weeks or more. I was betting on ball 33, and after 34 weeks i made a complaint, saying it was almost a mathimatical imposabilty not to come out . two weeks later the ball still had not come out, and the game was stopped.that was on the 10th september.I lost thousands.
    However the new game Daily millions came out and i have been watching very closely.
    I have logged down all the balls that come out when they go more than 22 days. I started to bet on ball 21 when it went missing after 25 days. That was on christmas day.Ironic it has now gone 31 days and still not come out.I am sure it will never come out as i am upto £200 on single ball.This would back up the theory that the balls must be picked by a computer. the more that is bet on a number, the less chance it has of coming out.Tomorrow is the 1st of Jan 2013. KEEP WATCHING FOR BALL 21.

21 was drawn on Christmas day, did you win?

http://www.lottery.ie/en/Prizes-and-Results/?game=daily-million

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

21 was drawn today aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

Hahaha people signing up to bitch about Daily Million, I've seen it all now :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭john_cappa

lolling so so hard at this!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

I understand that they cant do the draw every day at rte but surely they could stream a proper draw on the website instead of this computer generated crap?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 DAVE BRADFORD

my apologies, i should of said (second draw) including the bonus ball . the ball 21 did come out on new years day after missing for a record 32 days.however its now ball 13 turn. now missing for 32 days 33 tomorrow. 20th jan 2013

DAILY MILLIONS. MAIN DRAW (SEVEN BALL DRAW) BALL 14 HAS COME OUT 7 TIMES IN THE LAST EIGHT DAYS, mathematically impossable. Ball 13 in the second draw has not come in 32 days (seven ball draw)
    supporting computer generated numbers.

If your betting on a single ball (hotpicks) covering the bonus ball, you have a one in 5.5 chance of it coming out, times this by 32 draws the ball should have come out almost 6 times.(on average).

7 balls times 32 days = 224 balls drawn, and ball 13 has not come out.
    This daily millions is another con

• Registered Users Posts: 55,458 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

It's COMPLETELY RANDOM. Balls aren't "destined" to come out. National Lottery games are games of chance - if you're analysing numbers expecting them to come out (just because they haven't been out for a while), you're wasting your time.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭ianburke

its not mathematically "impossable" tho. sounds like the guys who are always cursing the last minute goals or black coming out 17 times in a row. it happens. every spin is different to the last. try it urself at home and u will see for urself

• Advertisement

Sorry but I am beginning to agree with many others who think that the balls are picked by a computer. I laughed when it was first suggested to me, but the statistical facts speak for themselves. I have compiled spread sheets on both the Daily million draws and compared them with the English and Irish national lottery draws. The results are astonishing. There are so many irregularities it’s hard to believe. Believe me, I too though it was a random game of luck. Now with these spread sheets the irregularities are unbelievable.
    Here is another one.
    8 balls THIS MONTH ALONE, have come out 3 times on the trot.(main draw, seven ball draw)
    Check for yourself. Balls, 2, 13, 14 Twice, 21, 26, 32, 37.
    Now look to see at any other lottery, over any length of time. The same ball come out 3 times consecutively, NEVER

• Registered Users Posts: 13,310 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Sorry but I am beginning to agree with many others who think that the balls are picked by a computer. I laughed when it was first suggested to me, but the statistical facts speak for themselves. I have compiled spread sheets on both the Daily million draws and compared them with the English and Irish national lottery draws. The results are astonishing. There are so many irregularities it’s hard to believe. Believe me, I too though it was a random game of luck. Now with these spread sheets the irregularities are unbelievable.
    Here is another one.
    8 balls THIS MONTH ALONE, have come out 3 times on the trot.(main draw, seven ball draw)
    Check for yourself. Balls, 2, 13, 14 Twice, 21, 26, 32, 37.
    Now look to see at any other lottery, over any length of time. The same ball come out 3 times consecutively, NEVER

Meh, I'll humour you even though you don't deserve it.

https://www.national-lottery.co.uk/player/lotto/results/results.ftl
    English Lotto. Number 37 came out 3 draws in a row on 29Dec, 02Jan and 05Jan.
    Number 14 came out 3 draws in a row starting 08Aug. And omfg 14 came out 3 in a row again starting 12Sep.
    Number 7 came out 3 in a row starting 27Oct.

Thats from 5 minutes of perusimg results in the first lottery I looked at.

So let me know if you want any help with spreadsheets, as the one you put together seems an utter failure.

A full apology and I stand corrected .My mistake, I was looking at Saturday/ Wednesday in isolation.
    SORRY. no intention to miss lead anyone on my part.

Interestingly I have stumbled on a website called lotteygen.co.uk that gives fantastic statistics on the English lotto

With 49 balls you would think that there would be balls missing with a greater number of draws

(Sorry unable to copy and paste table from the site) but the top 3 balls are

ball 46 missing 23 draws
    ball 1 missing 13 draws
    ball 16 missing 10 draws

The daily millions second draw to date 24th jan, and you can compare

Ball 13 missing 36 draws
    Ball 14 missing 16 draws
    Ball22 missing 14 draws

You would of thought with daily millions having only 39 balls the statistics would be the other way round

I still agree with past member who thinks quote

‘The lotto are leaving themselves open to this speculation about a fix by having a computerized simulated draw.People who scoff at the possibility of a scam would do well to remember the fraud that was the Irish hospital sweepstakes’.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

@DaveBradford I'm confused; as I am sure others are also. If you were betting on specific balls to come out were you using betslips or online via PaddyPower etc? If so, National Lottery have NO WAY of knowing how much money is wagered on particular numbers dropping?

Paddypower's odds covers his risks and then more. The real odds in the Irish Lotto, if I am correct is 45/1 for 3 numbers; making a 3-number pick on PP quite attractive (as bets go). Reason? 1. PP acts as a filter / firewall against wrongdoing and 2. the odds at 45/1 are worth a go. But that's picking 3 from 3 not 3 from 6, so I am sure that the odds are not 45/1 after all. But they are better odds than the Lottery itself gives. I stand to be corrected on that. Perhaps they're not? But it makes me feel better along with the utility aspect of a flutter. I like to dream.

The Daily Million is is just another clever income stream in preparation for a sell-off of the National Lottery. Where any of these draws are worrying is that it might be possible, if they can control the studio environment, to direct where the winning ticket will be 'won'. And then that would perfectly mimic the marketing scam foisted by the French Lottery a few years back with winning scratchcards allocated to areas defined by marketers. But to control a studio environment is no easy task.
    Where there is no live televised draw, it is a simple task to decide which ticket will win and to allocate prizes to areas (even shops) needing a boost. Be it jackpots or smaller prizes. That's just my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭linvoysblues

From observations, I've noticed that most 'new' lottery games seem to give less and less of a payout statistically. A few seem to not last very long, as it doesn't take long for players to figure out that this game isn't worth while. By this point, they've made their money and are preparing another new money spinner.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

An Ri rua wrote: »
    @DaveBradford I'm confused; as I am sure others are also. If you were betting on specific balls to come out were you using betslips or online via PaddyPower etc? If so, National Lottery have NO WAY of knowing how much money is wagered on particular numbers dropping?

Paddypower's odds covers his risks and then more. The real odds in the Irish Lotto, if I am correct is 45/1 for 3 numbers; making a 3-number pick on PP quite attractive (as bets go). Reason? 1. PP acts as a filter / firewall against wrongdoing and 2. the odds at 45/1 are worth a go. But that's picking 3 from 3 not 3 from 6, so I am sure that the odds are not 45/1 after all. But they are better odds than the Lottery itself gives. I stand to be corrected on that. Perhaps they're not? But it makes me feel better along with the utility aspect of a flutter. I like to dream.

The Daily Million is is just another clever income stream in preparation for a sell-off of the National Lottery. Where any of these draws are worrying is that it might be possible, if they can control the studio environment, to direct where the winning ticket will be 'won'. And then that would perfectly mimic the marketing scam foisted by the French Lottery a few years back with winning scratchcards allocated to areas defined by marketers. But to control a studio environment is no easy task.
    Where there is no live televised draw, it is a simple task to decide which ticket will win and to allocate prizes to areas (even shops) needing a boost. Be it jackpots or smaller prizes. That's just my opinion.

EDIT> My odds are wrong. I knew that 3 out of 3 from 6 was much worse than 3 from 6. BUt like this post #8 here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=56413005 says, I am a SAP... :o:o

An Ri rua wrote: »

yes i am betting on a single numbers, and i will try to explain again. but do not asume the national lottery have no way of knowing how much is wagered on particular balls, or in fact what bets go on at the bookmakers.

ok here we go.
    1. i bet on the seven ball draw.
    2. i increase my bet every time to cover the last bet. if i loose.
    3. i waite for a ball not to be drawn for 25 concecutive days before i place my first bet, 25 days is very rare.

there are 39 balls and 7 are drawn., which is a 1 to 5.6 chance of coming out.to make it easy, lets say 1 in 6.
    so if a ball has been missing for 25 days if is 4 times over due.

look at a web site lotteryGen. look at home page, scroll down. look at balls missing sice last appearance. ball 46 missing for 23 draws is there longest missing ball, and remember there are 49 balls not 39.

as from 5th feb. irish daily millions main draw.(7 ball draw). BALL 3 has now been missing for 38 days.

i have been betting on this ball since the 25 draw.

irish daily millions (second draw) ball 13 also went 38 days before it came out (last month)

this is not an isolated incedient, balls in the daily millions, even though there are only 39 seem to go missing for far longer, and the game is only a few months old.

Now go to lotteryGen. click on by frequency, top left hand side. scroll down and look at 'apperances over last 12 draws'.

I concur with other members who think the draw is a computer simulation.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

That's not how statistics work. Whether a number doesn't show up for 100 days or it shows up 100 days in a row, the very next draw has the exact same odds for it to show up. Its completely random, and previous draws have no effect on the outcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭ianburke

deconduo wrote: »
    That's not how statistics work. Whether a number doesn't show up for 100 days or it shows up 100 days in a row, the very next draw has the exact same odds for it to show up. Its completely random, and previous draws have no effect on the outcome.

exactly. if ur mans theory was correct we would all be millionaires

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

yes i am betting on a single numbers, and i will try to explain again. but do not asume the national lottery have no way of knowing how much is wagered on particular balls, or in fact what bets go on at the bookmakers.

ok here we go.
    3. i waite for a ball not to be drawn for 25 concecutive days before i place my first bet, 25 days is very rare.

there are 39 balls and 7 are drawn., which is a 1 to 5.6 chance of coming out.to make it easy, lets say 1 in 6.

look at a web site lotteryGen. look at home page, scroll down. look at balls missing sice last appearance. ball 46 missing for 23 draws is there longest missing ball, and remember there are 49 balls not 39.

as from 5th feb. irish daily millions main draw.(7 ball draw). BALL 3 has now been missing for 38 days.

irish daily millions (second draw) ball 13 also went 38 days before it came out (last month)

this is not an isolated incedient, balls in the daily millions, even though there are only 39 seem to go missing for far longer, and the game is only a few months old.

Now go to lotteryGen. click on by frequency, top left hand side. scroll down and look at 'apperances over last 12 draws'.

The previous draws have absolutely zero affect on the probability of a number been drawn in a future draw. Each draw is sperate and unique and the odds are the exact same as they were for the previous draw.

As for the bolded bit seriously man stop while your behind! Google the nightingale theory and see for yourself, its a short road to the poorhouse.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭Sobanek

I absolutely do not believe that a business with such a high turnover is not corrupted in any way.
    I did some of my own research recently and calculated there's over 50% chance to hit Number 8 according to the last 8 draws. Selected Number 8 for the 30th Jan draw and guess what - spot on.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,626 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Sobanek wrote: »
    I absolutely do not believe that a business with such a high turnover is not corrupted in any way.
    I did some of my own research recently and calculated there's over 50% chance to hit Number 8 according to the last 8 draws. Selected Number 8 for the 30th Jan draw and guess what - spot on.

Please apply that research to the next draw and give me a number with a 50%chance of being selected.

I hope for your own sake that you are trolling :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭Sobanek

I hope for your own sake that you are trolling :eek:

Nope, it's fairly easy to do - just very time consuming, that's all.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,626 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Take your time. You can do your research on any future draw, just let me know the selected number in advance.

lol ok bud fair play, come here as an aside approximately how many times a day do you fall over???

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭todolist

I'm repating myself here but can i point out that the precourser of the National Lottery,The Irish Hospital sweepstakes was totally corrupt.History repeats itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭linvoysblues

todolist wrote: »
    The lotto are leaving themselves open to this speculation about a fix by having a computerized simulated draw.People who scoff at the possibility of a scam would do well to remember the fraud that was the Irish hospital sweepstakes.

I agree, this would lead to nothing but controversy. Surely it can't be that expensive to maintain and run a big plastic bubble with balls bouncing around inside of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

ok here we go.

Your applying the martingale system to the lottery. Your completely crazy, and your understanding of probability is totally wrong. Stop before you destroy yourself with gambling debts. You lack a basic understanding of how the event works and how your bet works.
    Then when it doesn't work your putting it down to an independent bookmakers basically fixing the lottery to stop your number coming up. Why would the national lottery care if paddypower lost a few quid?

This is unreal this whole thread.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Dicky Pride

Martingale aside, I do believe the lottery have a lot to answer for. Their sleepers are used to fund their own marketing - that in itself is unethical. Also, there has never been an audit done on their scratch cards to prove that they are abiding by fair gambling standards.

Advertisement