Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Gingerbread Run 2016 - 10k & Half - Potarlingon - Nov 20

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭gypsylee

Looking forward to the run on Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 The Celtic Runner

Can't wait!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

Great stuff again this year Claude. Great event. Lovely top and a nice green hat to go with my yellow one from last year. Thanks to all the volunteers who help organise and marshal the event. Its my third year doing it, it is starting to become a competitive race with a big field. Oh and the medal is also top class. Going to eat my gingerbread man with a cup of tea now.

Enjoy the celebrations on a wonderful event and we will see you next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Arsenium

Great stuff again this year Claude. Great event. Lovely top and a nice green hat to go with my yellow one from last year. Thanks to all the volunteers who help organise and marshal the event. Its my third year doing it, it is starting to become a competitive race with a big field. Oh and the medal is also top class. Going to eat my gingerbread man with a cup of tea now.

Enjoy the celebrations on a wonderful event and we will see you next year.

Have to agree with this. I missed this race last year but did it the two years previous. Fantastic organisation and attention to detail. I have to say putting the pacers up on the hill and playing the music was pure class :-)

It's definitely becoming one of the must do races on the calendar every year. The soup in 2015 was amazing by the way :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,386 ✭✭✭fletch

I was one of the pacers but echo what others have said...great race....love the pumping music at the finish line...makes waiting around for others a bit more enjoyable...finish line being so close to food/water is great. Seemed to be a bit of a queue at registration but no matter how early you try get people to arrive, they always try arrive at the last minute.
    Lovely flat route...few bumps here and there but really no hills of note. 2nd year in a row pacing it...I think I would like to race it next year.

Edit - anyone got a link to the results?

Edit - km markings on the road were spot on!

Edit - found the results -https://www.popupraces.ie/race-results/

• Advertisement

Brilliant event. Well done to all involved. Second year doing it and really enjoyed it. Love the route. When can I sign up for next year?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭diego_b

Congrats on another very well run event Claude, I last ran the event in 2014 (when it was called Off The Laois) and ran it yesterday with my wife (we'd travelled up from Kerry to do the race, I'm from Laois originally so nice to do a race in my home county) and glad to see the event go from strength to strength. Really nice t-shirt and bobble hat I have to say, both will most certainly get used and I hope you host the event again next year too.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Ultraman100

first time at this race,great set up and organisation by claude.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

Thanks for all the kind words, feedback seems to be mainly positive but any problems or where we can improve just let us know.

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭EDit

Great race and a great day out. If you are looking for improvements, not much to say as it was so well organized. At a push, the only thing I could suggest would be (1) more toilets (or even one of those shaded troughs for the men, so we don’t need to take up spaces in the toilet queue) and (2) bigger gingerbread men 😀

• Advertisement

Thanks for all the kind words, feedback seems to be mainly positive but any problems or where we can improve just let us know.

One thing I just thought of was the water bottles...sports cap makes it a lot easier to drink out of. Also I didnt think they needed to be that big? Maybe a smaller bottle with a sports cap.

I feel bad now considering I enjoyed the race so much.....:)

• Registered Users Posts: 12 dryden2016

Genuinely hard to fault this race - brilliant organisation. Just 2 things that occurred:
    Thought the bottle drops came up very quickly after water stations (maybe just a personal thing).
    Would posting out numbers in advance be an option for a small additional fee? People could collect shirts & hats after the race, presumably.

But huge congrats on the event overall. I'll definitely be back.

Great race, great organisation. 
    If I have to find something to say I would repeat what is said above. Water bottles are too big, I think it s a bit of a waste especially in this season. The number of water stations is adequate but smaller bottlers, even paper cup would be sufficient. 
    I also agree with the idea of posting out the numbers for an extra fee.
    Well done to the organizers and to all the runners. I really enjoyed it and got a PB on top of it :)

Hi, just checking, was there any picture of the event that were shared afterward? I haven't received any notification.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,386 ✭✭✭fletch

Hi, just checking, was there any picture of the event that were shared afterward? I haven't received any notification.
    https://www.facebook.com/pg/popupracesireland/photos/?tab=album&album_id=1916479595271644

Hi all,

Just to let you know that 2018 is now open on

www.active.com
    www.popupraces.ie

Same goodies as usual but we are working on a special gift for everyone.

We will have more toilets at HQ, some on the route, a new finish line area and are working on some rolling road closures but are at the mercy of the council with that one.

Any questions just let me know.

Mark

Looking forward to it already.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,230 ✭✭✭cullenswood

Hi all,

Just to let you know that 2018 is now open on

www.active.com
    www.popupraces.ie

Same goodies as usual but we are working on a special gift for everyone.

We will have more toilets at HQ, some on the route, a new finish line area and are working on some rolling road closures but are at the mercy of the council with that one.

Any questions just let me know.

Mark

What's the change to the finish line?

What's the change to the finish line?

i can't really say much until its been given the green light.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

I loved this run last year after DCM :D I am hoping it doesn't sell out too quickly as I really want to go back and do the half again!

The 10k is 20% sold in less than a week, once it fills we will be closing it.

You have been warned :)

The 10k is now 60% sols, we expect it to sell out by St Patricks Day.

The 10k is now 60% sols, we expect it to sell out by St Patricks Day.

Any update on the 1/2?

Arsenium wrote: »
    Any update on the 1/2?

Half is ok at the moment

Hi all,

The half is at about 25%
    The 10k is at 90% and will sell out today or tomorrow:)

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭racersedge

Will be taking part in my second Gingerbread this year. Enjoyed the half last year in support of my wife (originally was doing the 10K but when my wife's training partner couldn't do it with her, I had to step up!) This year, definitely doing the 10K, with her in tow. It will make for a nice wind-down after attempting my first full marathon in Dublin a few weeks earlier!

Last years event was well organised and the beanie hat skill keeps me warm to this day!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

Any further update on the changes to the end line.

Any further update on the changes to the end line.

No we are meeting with interested parties about it in the coming weeks. We are trying to have rolling road clousures as well on route.

• Advertisement

The 2018 t shirt has just been launched on our facebook page and the 10k is open for the weekend to celebrate.

Advertisement