Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Places to Go

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,117 ✭✭✭nilhg

Thomas Gee wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a location for Bluebells

I recently found Moore abbey near monastrevin but they have thinned out a lot of trees and left the branches behind leaving a very unsightly view.

Not as bad right down the bottom end Thomas, you could also try Kilanthomas Wood in Rathangan, PM me if you want more details.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 708 ✭✭✭dave66

Have added a few locations on Hook Penninsula in Wexford.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 faridos

nice idea !!!
    but for taking a nice shot you ve to be at the point at the perfect time ,with your camera.
    no need of places.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Rainbowsend

I have always wanted to photograph Salmon swimming upstream to spawn, probably too late for this year??? Does anyone know of a good spot to catch them leaping??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 128 ✭✭veryrandom

I'm just wondering if anyone knows any places in or around Dublin, or even further afield as i can travel if nesscesary, where i could find a old or run down vaguely haunted looking house? Or building?

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭sensibleken

veryrandom wrote: »
    I'm just wondering if anyone knows any places in or around Dublin, or even further afield as i can travel if nesscesary, where i could find a old or run down vaguely haunted looking house? Or building?

Thanks.

The hellfire club is hard to beat. The magazine fort in the phoenix park is good if you can get in

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Block G Raptor

Guy's Looking for somwhere for our society to get good photo's of people in or around Dublin . was thinking of Moore St. etc but it's been done to death can anyone think of any ?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Jacob81

Guy's Looking for somwhere for our society to get good photo's of people in or around Dublin . was thinking of Moore St. etc but it's been done to death can anyone think of any ?

what about around 4 courts or the new criminal courts? trinity college perhaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 monosnaps

Not Dublin as requested however Wicklow Gaol have a traditional crafts workshops over this weekend, check out Wicklow tourism for details.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭sensibleken

How about the Iveagh trust flats in kevin street. My family are from there and it can give really good contrast between modern and old life

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 greenleaf

Yea some lovely suggestions there. Although if your looking for more landscap esque imagery I would recommend venturing toward Wicklow.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11 shahalam

Really awesome thread, beautiful idea, I appreciate it. I like Jacobs81's reply. Thanks all for sharing their ideas with us.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭steoc

Hi All,
    Would any one be interested in meeting up for shoots.
    I could show some one around Wexford in return for them to bring me to their photo locations.
    Im free most Saturdays and finish work at 4 everyday.
    Im on the look out for new landscape locations.
    Cheers,
    Steoc

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 50 ✭✭vider12

AnCatDubh wrote: »
    My present list (from boards users previous recommendations) which i'm not getting anywhere near photographing -
    • Dun Laoghaire - (Incl Peoples Park)
    • Botanic Gardens
    • The deer in the Pheonix park
    • Howth (Howth is absolutely fantastic if the sun is shining. Go up to the Hurdy Gurdy museum on Abbey Street and walk to the railings - you have the whole of Howth below you.)
    • Balbriggan
    • UCD
    • Trinity
    • Sandymount - Off the beaten track in Sandymount, and up towards Poolbeg, is always a great spot / Sandymount seafront area is nice too. Also, it is possible to take a walk to the Lighthouse there.
    • Grand Canal Place
    • Anywhere west of Ranelagh Bridge makes good photos
    • Dalkey/Killiney are always worth a look. Dalkey town is nice, and then a nice walk up Killiney hill, to have a nice view out over the bay.
    • Dun Laoghaire and Sandycove are beautiful too, all the way along the coast - the pier in Dun Laoghaire, the 40ft for the people swimming, etc
    • Car park of the digital hub on thomas street. loads of old industrial stuff, and some weird contraptions (permission for going in?)
    • Clontarf - Bull Wall is great.
    • Connolly Station is fab also.
    • Docklands Including the IFSC at night (some nicely lit buildings)
    • City Hall - must lie on back in centre of room(!)

Good luck with your visiting :)

Loop Head Cliffs (Co.Clare)
    Flagstaff (co.Down)
    The Strand (co.Derry)
    Dublin Castle (co.Dublin)
    Ireland has amazing mountains and landscapes everywhere, if you have an eye for photography and time to spare you'll be grand :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Laurarosep

Newport, Co. Mayo
    8330503586_291bf10da5_c.jpg
    image by Laura Rosep, on Flickr

Advertisement